1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Facts.
    John Stockton played in a nearly identical fashion to Chris Paul.
    Chris Paul is this generation's John Stockton.
    John Stockton was 6 ft tall.
    John Stockton was an all-star at 32, 33, 34 and 37 years old.
    John Stockton played until he was 40, not missing a game in his last 4 seasons. 82, 82, 82, 82.
    The NBA is WAY less of a grind than it was when Stockton played.
    Stockton played in 1686 games total. Chris Paul has played in 910 games total.

2. papoose115

papoose115 Member

the first round pick we gave up was top 3 protected? i heard that somewhere and wanted to confirm.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yes.

5. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Alright! It looks like Iguodala and Livingston will not take less than what they made in the past. And as you all know that KD will most likely sign up with another team if Iguodala and Livingston would not signed up with Warriors. We all know how close KD with Harden and knowing CP3 is with the Rockets now. Possiblity for 2 yr contract and free agent next year clause is possible.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Man, Chris Paul was traded to the Rockets. Just hitting me now lol

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Watch some CP3 highlights.........It will hit you harder. And it feels good.

8. MystikArkitect

Has Kevin Durant neutered Curry?

J.R. likes this.
  9. pageC4

pageC4 Member

lol man oh man. My apologies clutch city. As a clippers fan, I can tell you that Chris Paul will attract a lot of "arm chair statisticians." When the Clippers got Paul, we also got flooded with this same dilemma too, so good luck with the Chris Paul fans. Above all, this team is called the Houston Rockets...Paul will have to adjust to what the Rockets want, not the other way around. This is Harden's team.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Harden will be the lead PG, for no other reason than Harden is slightly less of a PG than Paul, but Paul is a MUUUUCH better off-ball player.

I'm not saying Paul will be off ball. I'm just saying, Harden will still run this team more often than Paul on average. On some nights it will change, with some playoff opponents it will change, but this team can be deadlier on offense if Paul is catching and shooting at his near 50% mark from 3, while Harden is a mediocre 39% off the ball shooting. But Harden will shoot less than he did last season, that's for sure.

And I don't think Paul will mind. I think there's a piece of him that wants to unleash his inner Michael Jordan.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Somewhere along the way, Chris Paul figured wanting a black coach is silly.

francis 4 prez and Jontro like this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What I like about cp3 is that he automatically injects variety. He demands off the ball movement, cuts, and the occasional post ups. He is not a cookie cutter simpleton passer that's going to pass it to Rhyno for overkill 3's

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i hope the rockets don't make cp3 start shooting only 3s. he is comfy with midrange shots, so just leave him alone. let him do his thing. don't start forcing him to take only 3s.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think this idea is a little overstated in the media... the whole idea is that you want to take high value shots and typically guys take midrange shots and might not be hitting it at a rate which is worth it.

You don't want average midrange shooters taking them and in contrast you don't really mind average 3 point shooters taking 3s because they have more value. But CP3 is not a average midrange shooter he is an elite midrange shooter and that is a valuable shot just like a layup is. Daryl and Mike are smart enough to let him be himself.

zcarenow and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Once again, it's impressive to have the best pure point guard the NBA has ever seen play with a potential top 5 all time SG.

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Oh man...well I guess we don't deserve star players cuz you know what's going to happen :(

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I don't even know what is more shocking -- Trump as Potus or Chris Paul as a Rocket.

I am shocked, just shocked!

Sephkane, buffalobills!!! and pageC4 like this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Crazy how much we had to give up for a player that was going to sign with us outright anyway compared to what the thunder gave for a player that had no control of his status

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Seems like Maury got fleeced considering OKC gave up close to nothing for PG

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Already done nothing this week and now, no way I go to sleep any time soon.