1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NRA Civil War

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 29, 2017.

1. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

I haven't, but okay--it's worthy and correct since Norinco is an international arms dealer and has been implicated in more than just the Iran deal, the googlez are there for you. Saigia, again, is an arm of the Russian oligarchy, cry me a river.
    Caliber is irllevant as the most powerful gun I own is a .257 Weatherby Magnum, a cut down 357 H&H. I don't know the brand as it's not I front of me but they are Peltier(I think) noise canceling ear muffs with a button on the side that allows you to hear and not take them off. Big game hunting is usually done with my Browning A-bolt 30.06 with an aftermarket muzzle brake(which I didn't add and I hate it). When i deer hunt and forget my muffs, it rings my bell when shooting from a blind. The loudest is definitely my M-38 Mosin Nagant carbine in 7.62x54r, always with ear muffs. I think the Russians used it to simply scare the germans back to Berlin...fearsome muzzle flash and report.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I agree. Those puny earbuds don't work...

Electronic ear muffs however do and they are cheaper than suppressors. Problem solved.

Buck Turgidson and wouldabeen23 like this.
  3. wouldabeen23

That's what I tried to say...

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The highest priced ones at midway have an even worse NRR of 20 db reduction. I think you should read the fine print.

5. wouldabeen23

I'm not sure that I get it either, but not having easy access to suppressors doesn't restrict your freedom to buy and use firearms. It doesn't move the needle much for me at all other than it's a poor example of "they're trying to take our gunz!!!" Argument.

6. Bandwagoner

Looks like I guess correctly on 30-06. I didn't account for the muzzle brake which puts more to the shooters ear and your inferior choice to use worse hearing protection.

I think you should look into it a bit more TBH.

7. wouldabeen23

Meh. I shoot my O/U 12 with far more regularity and no ear muffs/buds 90% of the time. Bird loads just aren't that loud whilst hunting doves but maybe I've already runined my hearing. Which would suck since I'm a musician by avocation.

8. Bandwagoner

Great example for the Hearing Protection Act IMO.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't see it as a 2nd amendment issue, it's just stupid policy. When there's no valid reason to ban or severely restricting Americans from buying something, the government has no business banning it or severely restricting it as a general rule.

10. wouldabeen23

Too bad you have lost your guns, Bandwaggoner--we could have settled our dick size argument on the range and the sporting clays course.
    not aware of silencers for shotguns

11. Bandwagoner

I was not aware of genitals being involved in the discussion but yes moderators for shotguns certainly exist.

12. wouldabeen23

I was joking about an earlier post not directed at me, I thought it was funny but this is teh interwebz. I can't imagine any wingshooter using them, especially on an O/U. Bird and target loads aren't that loud and that's a lot of weight/length on the end of your barrel. In any case, hearing protection was never the point--it's simply a bad argument for your rights being infringed upon, that's all, IMHO.

13. wouldabeen23

I can get with that

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. Bandwagoner

Sort of the argument to remove them from the National FIREARMS Act.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

She's right. I do want to take away all of yall's guns.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which is why your opinion on the subject is invalid. At least you admit it I guess.

17. wouldabeen23

I've never known Juan to be anti gun. Maybe I'm not paying attention

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know one way or the other, I was just basing what I said on what he said. To me if your opinion on an issue goes directly against the constitution then it's an invalid opinion.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, I like to pop up in the conversations between the gun-toting liberals and the gun-toting conservatives just to make sure the more extremist view is also represented. I don't get into big fights about it -- there isn't much common ground to build a debate on -- so I guess I don't leave a big foot print. But, just so the record can reflect: writing guns into the Constitution was probably the single dumbest thing our forefathers ever did. It's not as bad as Harden's Game 6, but it's up there. Okay, carry on.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Exactly. As far as I'm concerned, the NRA can go **** themselves.

wouldabeen23 likes this.