1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NRA Civil War

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 29, 2017.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Blame the victim, such a fun game for Trumpanzees.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is what it is kiddo, pretending that he handled himself properly won't make him any less dead. It's much better to be honest about what happened so that others can possibly learn from his mistakes so they don't make them.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

WTF? How about the officer not handling himself properly?

There was NO reason to shoot that man, none, the officer should be in jail.

DD

4. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

A quick wiki search will answer your questions about Norinco--besides being craptastic(the ole 75 dollar sks) Norinco is an international arms dealer that has pushed missle tech to Iran.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco
    The Saigia ban was a punitive response to Russia's agitation and basic invasion of eastern Ukraine.

In any case, neither of these instances restrict your rights as you can buy as many AK and AR pattern auto loading rifles as your little heart desires.
    Silencers are as niche as you can get and good luck with national concealed carry. No one has taken anything away from you that you can't otherwise get besides fully automatic weapons which can still be had.

OTOH, I would love to have a Tula SKS or SVT that came straight out of Russia at a good price but the Russian govt is a flaming pile of doo-doo and I'm glad we aren't the ones enriching their oligarchy in the upfront gun trade. I purchased numerous Russian rifles via the salt mines in Ukraine.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Didn't have any questions. Notice no question marks.
    Of course they do. To say otherwise is foolish.

571,750 in April 2013 to 902,805 in Feb 2016. Still growing at a massive rate.
    Turns out people don't want to blow out their ear drums or disturb their neighbors with pointless noise pollution when hunting. Might want to check your facts.
    thanks

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yeah, let's be honest about how the cop freaked out, didn't handle the situation well, then got away with murder, literally. I used to actually respect your opinion based on your posts in GARM, and I'm half hoping you aren't as stupid as you appear to be in D&D. As is, you look like a dumbass who can only repeat what his republican masters dictate. I'm honestly hoping you're just trolling to be an ass.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. wouldabeen23

You have questions because you don't seem to realize that it wasn't an arbitrary liberal meanie trying to take your gunz--in both instances, bad actors were punished on a foreign policy level and not an ideological opposition to gun rights. So you can't get a newly imported saigia, this in no way hinders your from purchasing auto loading shotguns, AK's, etc. There are more guns than gun owners, same for silencers--still niche compared to the rest of the gun market. Noise canceling earbuds, far cheaper and more readily accessible. I couldn't care less about national carry(if it happens, great) but whatever floats your boat. NOT having a national concelead carry law does not hinder you from owning and using a firearm. Remember the conservative states right motto: "don't like the laws where you live? Move.". Nothing Burger has Nothing.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. CometsWin

This is so stupid. I've never shot a gun without ear protection. If you want to curb pointless noise pollution you would start with lawn mowers and blowers not someone shooting a rifle out in the woods. Jesus.

Of course if the NRA Republican paid for Congress take silencers off the tax list then I'll probably get one or three. o_O :D

10. Bandwagoner

Punishing bad actors for 25 years. Of course, great logic. Your argument they sold to Iran happened 10 years after the ban and we still continue to import a ton of chinese goods from state owned companies but singling out a single PRC state owned company is obviously killing them and proving most effective.

sound moderators are mainstream, however you choose to spin he booming popularity and obvious utility. earbuds do not provide a significant enough db reduction for hearing safety and certainly not if hunting. Neighbors of firing ranges would highly disagree with your foolish opinion they are not needed. You just need to get your facts correct and then be flexible in your conclusions after you get the new information.

11. Bandwagoner

You're a total gun noob so this doesn't surprise me. Lawnmowers and blowers and motorcycles and cars have regulations on how loud they can be and are all sold with sound moderators attached. So your request is filled, we did start there.
    No one cares.

12. CometsWin

RIght, they're loud as hell. They're a lot bigger problem than you NRA survivalist a-holes whining about silencers. Get over yourself clown.

And why do you talk like a pimple faced teenage troll all the time? Grow up. I don't even know why I don't have you on ignore yet. Problem solved.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The cop handled the situation about how you'd expect a cop to handle that type of situation. When you are armed, and a cop is screaming at you to "stop reaching for it", you better not be reaching for ANYTHING and if you are, you better stop immediately. That's a lesson that every single person who chooses to carry a firearm needs to know.

Also, when you characterize what happened as "murder" it pretty much kills whatever credibility on the subject you might have hoped to have.....so don't be that guy.

14. wouldabeen23

Yeah, I'm not a gun-hating leftist and you're dead wrong on all of your assertions about hearing protection. I shoot, I hunt, I always wear ear protection. You can complain to Bush 43 over Norinco, and Saigia was punished accordingly so I guess we have no more to discuss.

15. wouldabeen23

You want suppressors? Fine, jump through the hoops--it doesn't hinder your ability to purchase and own firearms, such nonsense. Guns aren't like cars and motorcycles either, they aren't in everyone's hands, firing, at all times everywhere like cars and motorcycles...sheesch!

16. Bandwagoner

So you have conceded Norinco and made a claim that what I stated was objectively wrong. Now we can dispense with opinions and conclusions and do the math. Which is the most powerful gun you hunt with and which ear protection do you use?

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

YAY! A dick size contest. These are always fun.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I gotta admit, I've never understood the hate that suppressors get. I think part of it is that people buy into Hollywood's idea of what a suppressor does and they simply don't know enough to have an intelligent opinion on the subject but that's just a guess. It's hard to pin down the true cause of irrationality.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think gun hobbyists are far more prone to falling into Hollywood pipe dreams.

Most of them probably daydream about saving some hot blonde from Muslim terrorists occupying some southern All-American town.

20. Bandwagoner

Not at all. I lost all of my firearms in a tragic boating accident. I am concerned for my non-leftest firearm comrade's health.

A 30-06 with an 18" barrel is over 160 db. This hearing protection only provides a 25 db reduction. Exposure to several shots with ear protection is not sufficient for safety as anyone can see if they are capable of subtraction. Ear protection plus a sound moderator puts you in the safe zone for less than 1 second exposure. If that mosin you fired once was a carbine you would have had similar exposure.