1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Props to Boki

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ragingFire, Nov 12, 2003.

1. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

For all of 02-03
    Player G GS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF DEF TOT AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    Bostjan Nachbar 14 1 77 11-31 2-10 5-10 3 8 11 3 2 2 6 13 29

For 6 games 03-04
    Bostjan Nachbar 6 0 93 9-23 8-18 0-0 0 6 6 9 0 4 6 11 26

93 minutes compared to 77 minutes last year. Maybe he will earn his paycheck this season after all. :)
    He shot 8-18 3pt FG and 1-5 2pt FG. How queer is that? Wonder if anyone in the league's ever gone a whole season shooting more 3s than 2s?

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Heyy he wanted to earn his paycheck last year he just didnt get a chance.. & yes BOKI is tha man!!! I love seen him play, i allways jump outa my seat when he knocks down a shot or has a defensive stop. He still has much to learn but he will soon.

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

hes easily my fav. player on the ROX team

4. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

I'd still like to see him make a drive without dribbling off his foot or knocking the ball out of bounds with his knee. That 3 isn't going to fall all of the time.

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Thats true but give the guy som time like i just said in my post, he only played 77 min all last season thats crazzy. It will take time BUT he willl learn

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

yeah he's still clummsy w/ the ball, but hopefully that'll come. he just needs to get on the court and overcome any jitters he still has. or hopefully that's what it is....

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

you must leave this forum now, this is no place for boki only fans

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

WHO said i was a Boki ONLY fan? I merly said he is my fav. player on the Rox, Never did i say he is my only fav. player on the team, relax man. I think all these trolls running around r getting to you dont worry i ant 1 of em!

9. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

Boki is the man.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

you know, just yesterday or the day before I noticed that Shawn786 had 370 posts. Now he has 430? GOOD GOD MAN! SLOW DOWN!

11. danielk

danielk Member

u ppl blame yao and say boki is the best player?...did u guys notice how we did without yao for 5 years?? a losing record...u guys should put that bong down......slowly:rolleyes:

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Clumsy with the ball? Dribbling the ball off of his feet? What games are you guys watching? You act like those descriptions are the norm and not the exception. At least give a fair assessment of the guys skills and performance so far and stop judging the guy based on a reputation built on critiques by people who hadn't really seen him play at the time.

Here is what I have seen from Boki both in person and on TV this season. And BTW, I have seen every game since the SA preseason game so I am not basing my critique on reputation or shooting percentage like so many others have.

Defense - well above average, the guy flat out hustles and gets in your face. He has enough hops and atheism to where he can also get some blocks. Bad rap on defense was obviously very wrong.

Offense - Streaky shooter. He has a great move to the basket tremendous hops but seems content to lay it up in stead of slamming it down. One play that sticks in my mind was against Orlando where he left his defender standing in his shoes guarding air, Boki got to the rim and went up looking like he was going to slam it down but instead laid it up. The ball went into the basket and then bounced out. He is a very good passer and a good ball handler.

Overall I think Boki is starting to play with a lot of confidence. I think the guy is playing outstanding basketball but his shot just is not consistent yet.

13. Saad

Saad Member

14. crash5179

Actually we only had two loosing records and both of those years can be traced back to injuries.

The 5 years prior to Yao:

2001 - 2002
    28 wins and 54 losses. Steve was hurt most of the year and suffering from severe migrains. MoT was also hurt all year. Cat was also hurt and missed large portions of that year.

2000 - 2001
    45 wins and 27 losses. Winning record in the first year of a rebuilding proccess. First 45 win team to miss the play-offs in the last 20 years.

1999 - 2000
    34 wins 48 losses. We last both Dream and Barkley to season ending injuries. Steve was just a rookie.

1998 - 1999
    31 wins 19 losses. We made the play-offs.

1997 - 1998
    41 wins 41 losses. We made the play-offs.

so in the 5 previous years we only had 2 loosing seasons but we did make the play-offs twice.

15. crash5179

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Note takin but i love posting what can i do but ima slow down a little i get time now a days becuase im on a break from work but starting next week posts will drop becuase i have to go manage my store again