1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

I see that dude still around.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

He'll be around in flashbacks from the looks of it.

Solid scene with Kim at the restaurant, the scene with Nacho was really well done, incredibly tense....

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Slipping Jimmie in action. show is really moving now. too bad we're so close to the end of the season.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Loved that scene, brilliant acting and suspense.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I completely forgot who was buried there.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I did too. I didn't get what he was digging for until they gave us the obvious tip of the wedding ring. .. the innocent father who stopped to help, who Mike can't get out of his mind.

I might have remembered had they shown the big Billboard that Mike originally hid behind. Maybe they did and I missed it, or they buried him somewhere else

Yung-T and DFWRocket like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The tiniest of interactions...
    • Kim/Howard's back & forth with Kim getting the final say and planting the seed (Chuck is a liability)
    • Kim saying she trusts Jimmy to follow through, then making the split-second decision to take on more work
    • Jimmy's viewpoint on how his father ran the business
    • Five or six word closing statement to Mike (I would never take money from your family)
    Lead to SIGNIFICANT and effortless character/relationship building. This shows does so much important & complex story building in QUICK & SUBTLE exchanges. Yet it can also drag on SLOWLY at times where nothing meaningful seems happens.

So erratic....

Yung-T likes this.
  8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yep, loved the restaurant scene with Howard and Kim. And REALLY liked the final scene when Gus said he wouldn't take money from Mike's family. Just more evidence of the 2 sides of Gus's personality. The handshake at the very end was a little cheesy, but overall great episode.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

After finally catching up to last week's episode, it just dawned on me that Gene "passing out" could be Slip'n Jimmy resurfacing. I'm not sure if that's been discussed but I would find that interesting.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

why doesnt kim just take more work and delegate it to jimmy under the table? im sure he can help without anyone knowing. both of them get paid.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think they've painted her as a headstrong type, that would try to do it all herself instead of asking for her, even under the table. I've worked with people like that so it rings true....

The whole car crash sequence was pretty damn impressive, about the best way I could think of to show someone falling asleep at the and running off the road from their point of view.......

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It was missing the car doing 10x backflips and explosions tho, 3/10 not impressed.

Michael Bay

GRENDEL likes this.
  13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Ah, the days when everyone was innocent.

[​IMG]

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yeah, initially i thought he was trying to find the body of the sidewalk sweepers husband (the woman from law & order suv). i had forgotten about the driver too. i guess it was her story and her telling mike "the worst part is not knowing what happened" that spurred him to find the body.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

As the show's creator, things that have been simmering for a long time- even as far as the beginning of the entire series- are going to come to a boil in the season finale. My guess is that somehow, Chuck gets to control the disbursement of Sandpiper funds.. and he finds a way that he is not going to give it to Jimmy in a lump sun, but rather parcel it out over a looooong time. Jimmy=Boil. I think that Nacho's father takes off (this was actually hinted at in the teaser for this season finale), and that Hector tells Nacho that he is going to pursue Nacho's father... especially if Hector knows that Nacho told his dad about Hector's plan. Nacho=Boil. I think Kim realizes that she is going to have to do something drastic, or the next "crash" will kill her. Kim=Boil. And Chuck is going to screw over Howard somehow with all this. Howard=Boil. Mike? Well, the one thing we know is that Mike and Jimmy won't die.

And it's the first time in 3 seasons that the show's creators are not allowing critics to preview the episode beforehand. Definite boil.

CCity Zero, Richie_Rich and jo mama like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those racing and racy attorneys AT LAW.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Had to Google (again) who the **** Gene was.

Jayzers_100 and CCity Zero like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Minor but interesting observation. When Lydia tells Mike that this is the first time she's done this and says "Mr Fring must think highly of you.", that of course means she at one point won him over, too, as he is very careful who he aligns himself with.

Now we need a backstory of Lydia's backstory of what she did to earn the rare trust of Fring.

btw, what does she do right now, before the need to get chemicals. They are about ready to buy the dry cleaning facility, and get chemicals to make your own meth. But I got the impression from the meeting with Mike, that Fring has been working with Lydia for awhile. Seems he already has money laundering covered with the restaurant, but maybe she has been doing that for awhile, too.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Giancarlo Esposito's kid picture.....ftw.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Which adds to the dynamic that went on between Hamlin and Kim at the restaurant. Imagine, he's already on damage control duty and once this comes out in the open when Chuck has to admit that he has a mental condition to his clients and has been performing law while "knowingly" having this condition, this would turn into a huge relations nightmare for HHM.

Season 4 might be the best one yet breakdown, emotions, relationships gained and lost! How exciting.