1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denny's choking/strangulation case

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by asianballa23, Jun 7, 2017.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i guess there are non-white racists out there uh

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I still think it's hilarious that you have that as your sig, it's in no way inaccurate and I absolutely stand by that statement.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When Bobby says stuff like that does that mean he shouldn't rationally be upset if someone states that his children dying would be a good thing?

What a scumbag that dude is.

ubigred likes this.
  4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sure.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The guy should have reasonably known he was an extra large guy and that, by holding him down in the manner he was by basically laying on him, there was a very good chance he would kill the guy because how the hell are you supposed to breath with a fat dude laying on you? The guy being an idiot aside, this is manslaughter imo. He should do some time.

6. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I was out of town when this story broke. Now that I am becoming acquainted with the facts of the case and have seen the video, I'm really angry.

This was cold blooded murder. This guy is not a police officer and had no business ending this man's life in this manner.

I also wish there was a way to charge the daughter and the r****ded sounding guy in the biker vest who were trying to block the filming. Yes, it actually is completely legal to film your parents murdering this guy.

I am so angry about this. I would love that piece of crap to fight me instead of an inebriated Mexican who is a third of his weight.

I hope Mr. Thompson gets the opportunity to have someone pinning him down like that, in prison.

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Where is the story? Link? Articles? Anything?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Google is your friend. Do your own research, if you find any story of what happened other than what was initially reported, then let me know.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, the only story out there is from the accused murderers. Of course the grand jury has heard more and we know what they did.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The grand jury heard only one side of it, that's how those things work. The prosecutor only allows evidence that would lead to an indictment and usually ignores all other evidence. So actually in many ways, the grand jury has heard less of what happened than we have. It's not quite a rubber stamp, but it's almost a rubber stamp.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And the story about Hernandez punching first came only after the Thompson's hired a lawyer. That's when a bunch of picture less profiles started posting the story about the punch on comment sections.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Actually, the grand jury may have heard far more than we have. You have no idea what they heard, and neither do I. We only know that they heard something that resulted in murder charges for two people.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL fair enough, I guess we'll just see what happens and you can prepare yourself to be shocked.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

I won't be shocked regardless of the outcome. I don't know what happened that night. I have only stated that it was a really bad idea for the husband to get involved in the first place. And, that the wife, who is law enforcement, should have known the man was being restrained in a way that was dangerous to his health.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's the issue though, that's not a method of restraint that is "dangerous to health" in more than 99% of situations. It's like using a taser on someone and having it trigger a heart attack....you weren't attempting to use deadly force, it just happened that way. I think it's pretty clear that the intent was always to restrain the guy till cops could get there and arrest him and it just ended badly.

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

I've heard that some police departments have banned the use of that method of restraint. I haven't done any deep research on the subject, so I could be wrong.(I'm not an expert on choke holds.) However, if some departments have deemed it dangerous, then maybe it is. I don't know what kind of training the wife had, but I would have preferred her to be the one trying to enforce the law instead of the husband. But, we will know more if it goes to trial.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some have, yes, when you can just use a taser on someone, you have no reason to put your hands on them. Doesn't mean it's a necessarily dangerous tactic when you need to restrain someone.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, in the case the guy died. Seems dangerous to me. But that's just me.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, it is being reported that Thompson is a trained MMA fighter.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Hernandez family filed the civil lawsuit already. I like this suit more than the criminal one just because this will drain any assets the Thompson's have (because this will be a layup) if they want to push the criminal trial farther along.

DP'd in the court of law. I wonder if he regrets not calling the cops now?