1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor to be Suspended Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by benzman501, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You have really selective reading comprehension skills. You agree with part of droxford's post, but ignore the part that says he's not allowed to discuss the case while it's under appeal per NBA rules. He has good reason not to. The appeal will be heard ten days after the suspension, which will be six games into the suspension. I think he'd prefer playing the other four to breaking league rules and getting suspended again.

And, as usual, you're ignoring all the reasons I cited that this is probably not pot, simply because you'd prefer it was. Why is that? I mean, I get that you want him to be guilty -- I just don't get why.

As a side note, just to toot my own horn, you guys might want to start listening to me a little more. I'm not an insider. I've just got my instincts. But while Fegwu and others were suggesting Eddie was probably on crack and needed to be in rehab, I was the first guy on the BBS to say that whether he was smoking weed or not, his problem seemed to be depression. A million vitriolic pages of threads calling him a drug addict later, he checked into, guess what, a hospital to treat depression. Incredibly, Fegwu somehow decided that entitled him to say he'd been right all along and that I'd been wrong (WHAAA???). He never did admit he was wrong (and oh, how wrong he was). You gonna be like Fegwu, Grouper?

2. droxford

droxford Member

By the way, when your evil twin brother awakens from his coma, please let him know that he is my long lost cousin and has fathered a baby with my dog.

-- droxford

3. Batman Jones

Grouper:

I did not find it "r****ded" that you jumped to the conclusion that Mo smoked weed. I jumped to that conclusion too. I found it stubborn that you stuck to your guns on that even though there was a lot of evidence to the contrary (you suggested you found that evidence, of at least the Chronicle, r****ded too).

And I'm not trying to harp on you calling jdlee anything, but I do think there's a pattern here. My first post to you on this subject was not personal in any way. I didn't call you names or anything else and it wasn't even directed specifically at you. My point was that evidence was coming out and I didn't understand why people were ignoring it. You responded by saying it was funny how potheads defend potheads. Incidentally, you don't know whether I've ever smoked pot or not, but that's beside the point. You're the one starting fights here. Not me, not jdlee, not Ready2Go. You're somehow so mad at Mo for something he might not have even done, that you're taking it out on guys who aren't even looking to fight with you. Regardless of the merits themselves (on which you appear more and more likely to be wrong), on tone and BBS etiquette, you are dead wrong. You started it with me, you started it with jdlee and you started it with Ready2Go (and insinuated that I even made up his ID. Whatever, dude.).

The post I was asking you to respond to was the one where I listed off four reasons it seemed like this was not a weed situation. But if you're going to keep posting the way you have been in this thread (and it does seem out of character - I guess it's a personal issue for you), maybe it's better if you don't respond.

4. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Good stuff batman....

Okay, I admit it, I want all the Rockets to be guilty and suspended. I love it when my team is completely incapacited...
    What?

Anyway, the only reason this makes me so angry is that Mo is really hurting the team by not being there.

I wish this had never happened. I hope he ain't guilty.

And I bet you still wouldn't take that bet with me Batman, even after all the insider info we got today from Mr. Enema.

Well it is still on the table.

Weed - you're out
    No Weed - I'm out

I'll leave it there until six tonight.

5. droxford

droxford Member

To clarify a few things...

according to this Nov. 8th Chronicle article,

also...

When phrased this way, it sounds as if it's not a case of Mo smoking pot, but rather, the Players Assoc. believes he has been compliant, but the NBA doesn't. Doesn't sound like pot-smoking to me (again, speculating).

-- droxford

6. Batman Jones

Grouper:

I said before and I'll say again: I don't want you to stop posting. I would lose that bet either way. And besides, I don't know if Mo's smoked or not. Neither do you. That's been my point all along. I'm not defending Mo on instinct -- I'm defending the idea that he might not be guilty and that much evidence suggests he isn't. But for me to say he definitely didn't smoke would be dumb. It would also be dumb for me to make a bet that A.C. Green definitely was a virgin when he said he was -- how could I know? And how could you know what you pretend you know? All I can do is take A.C. at his word. That's the same thing I'm doing for Mo, though it's easy to do since so many other people are doing the same thing (not on this board where the fans hate the players, but in the real world where they actually look at the facts).

As for the other stuff, I really don't know why you seem to want Mo to be guilty so bad that you not only ignore evidence to the contrary but actually refuse to respond to it, but you just apparently do. Only you know why. You are seemingly so set in your conviction that Mo is guilty that you seem to be pretending any other information doesn't exist. I don't pretend to know what's going on in your head. I only say you're stubborn and you're willfully ignoring any information that doesn't fit your Mo hating agenda. Only you know why that is, but anyone reading this thread knows it's true. It's a matter of record.

7. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Don't you ever call me a racist you stupid piece of ****. You have taken something that was lighthearted and funny and completely turned it around for no reason. Nothing I said even remotely resembled a racist statement. I'm not even going to restate my point to you for the 8th time. It is a well known fact that many PROFESSIONAL athletes smoke weed. White, Black, Asian, Mexican, whatever. I never implied race at all. I could seriously care less if you or one of your loser friends reports me to clutch city and has me banned. I guarantee that you will be banned as well for wrongfully accusing another member of being racist based on nothing. I'm sorry that i only listed african american players before. I think Brent Barry smokes a ****load of weed too! I was actually gonna shut up before you stupidly ran your mouth with that racist comment. Now you crossed the line.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

JDLEE - aka JUNIOR !!!

Put the crack pipe down and walk away.

You are more wound up than a spinning top.

LeGrouper posts a great article about athletes and weed, and you discount it without even acknowledging it's merits.

People on WEED are NOT ...repeat...NOT performing at peak effenciancy.

Get it? got it? Good !!

Weed = Bad......and there is no disputing that fact.

Now, back to the topic at hand....if Ready is right, I will be the first to apologize to Mo Taylor, as I jumped straight ahead to the conclusion that it is ganja related.

I hope I am wrong....which doesn't happen often, unless you are Jdlee80, then you are wrong every day of your life.

;)

DD

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Hey...have you been hanging out in my office? Maybe I do smell after my noon time basketball...

:)

I still think you should not be able to post anonymously, you should be man enough to stand up for what you believe in.......as for my handle, everyone on here knows who I am.......

DD

10. Batman Jones

DaDa:

You've posted the Weed = Bad thing at least three times in this thread. This time you added "and there is no disputing this fact." That's just flat wrong. You've heard it disputed many times in the D&D and you couldn't hang with the debates, most likely because, as you've proven many times in the past, you know less than nothing about weed ('He had a LOT! Maybe even a dimebag!'). If you want to keep talking about the relative pro's and con's of weed, take it to the D&D. It doesn't belong here (and you KNOW this) and the more you post it, the harder it is to ignore.

jdlee:

If you feel like someone's stepping over the line, report it to a moderator. Flame wars are off limits here and they will get you kicked (even if you didn't start it).

11. droxford

droxford Member

LLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE

-- droxford

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Batman Jones,

Weed is not good for you, and it has an effect on your thought process and your motor skills.

Are you honestly saying that a person that is high is performing at his peak abilities?

That is all I am saying. Heck if he was drunk or high on coke he would not be performing at his top level either.

I don't see what is wrong with that?

Also, to those people who don't smoke...any weed is a lot....and a Dimebag is a lot more than a joint....so.....

You have never proven anything concerning weed, just that you think it is ok, and I think it isn't.....

DD

13. Batman Jones

Dakota:

This is the last I'm going to say about weed in general here. I'm sensitive to the fact that these GARM threads can easily turn into D&D ones and, as someone who spends time in both forums, I'm not going to be responsible for that happening. If you argue back, I'll do you the favor of starting the thread in the D&D for you and I'll meet you there. But I will respond briefly to what you posted.

You said weed was bad and that that was an indisputable fact. Weed does have negative effects, but it can have positive ones too. One of those is relaxing the smoker. That can be beneficial in sports. It can also be detrimental. I'd say it's detrimental more often than beneficial, but that's a guess. There are many other potential benefits to weed (especially to various sick people). It has healing properties that aren't found in any other substance on earth. And the plant it comes from is a virtual wonder resource, that goes untapped simply because of the drug wars and the politics involved.

Last thing: A dime bag is not, by any account, a large amount of weed. It is ten dollars worth. It is akin to you saying, in response to a debate about whether or not someone has a lot of beer at home, don't worry, he's got a LOT. Maybe even a six pack!

And that's all I'm saying in this forum on the subject. I wouldn't have said anything about it (and didn't the first two times you posted that simplistic statement -- apparently your favorite since you've used it several times in other threads as well -- that weed = bad), except that you kept repeating it. And, again, I'll gladly start the thread for you in D&D if you want to talk about it there.

14. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Hey Dakota,

Listen to Batman Jones, He's a cool dude.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Always the same people. Always.

Whenever a mar1juana-related incident occurs with a Rocket, you turn a a good news-related thread in to your Debate & Discussion soapbox about the merits of mar1juana. CUT OUT THE CRAP. It's a league rule - end of story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.