1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazon sucks if you're not a Prime member

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Jun 2, 2017.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Amazon just changed my status to "Shipping Today". Amazon could be getting an apology from me but still TBD if I get it by June 9. Will update.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Depends on the region, my town is unfortunately far away from regions that are eligible for same-day delivery.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Is this something that amazon actually sells or fulfills, or is it a 3rd party using Amazon as a storefront? There is a huge difference and my guess is it's the latter, which means Amazon has little control over when the item actually ships out (or arrives at their distribution center if they are arranging final delivery).

As far as I'm concerned if it arrives within the quoted time frame, that's pretty good service.

I have Prime and find it well worth the money, shipments always arrive on time, and I use Prime Music and Photos frequently.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

This is kinda silly. If a company gives you an expected range, a history of great customer service should = "I definitely believe they will get it to me in that range. Anything more is a bonus."

If my bonus at work was expected to be 5-10%, and my boss had helped me out and gotten me closer to 8-10%, sometimes even 11%... I wouldn't suddenly be pissed if I got 7-8%. That's the range. It doesn't change that she's a great boss.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Booo.

Prime member here. Ordered a tool to arrive by today. Apparently no Amazon driver was assigned to deliver it. Now expected up til Monday unless a courier works on the weekend. Lame. At least customer service extended my Prime by a month.

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

i remember when i was addicted to amazon because i was bored at my last job.

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

whats urgent? lol, i honestly cant say any purchases outside of your house, car and furniture are urgent. even those with those, if you shop right you can get long lasting ones that hold their value which gives you good resale value and time/money to buy so nothings urgent

the only thing i use amazon prime for lately is contact solution. now that i think about it if i order it sooner i dont need prime.

#47 Brown Lost It, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  8. ling ling

ling ling Member

Amazon is great... but there is a big cost.

Brick and mortar is dying along with it's local jobs.

Amazon does much more damage to the local economy than Walmart.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why do they need to revise anything? They still expect it to be delivered between 06/08 and 06/15. I checked my calendar. It's not June 15 yet.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Similar to crack and heroin, this type of addiction can become become very costly.

11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

first it was wal mart, now its amazon and apple killing the american dream.

the more you point it out, the more people go there because they think its some one of a kind thing. at this point just accept the 9-5 fate for most citizens and consuming crap to make their meaningless days bearable.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man... In Austin/RR I get stuff same day on some things, order by noon and at my house by 4pm (obviously it varies, but this isn't me using prime now either and having to tip etc, since it's from Amazon.com). And in other cases free 1 or 2 day shipping. It's paid for itself with some of the car parts I've found and quick vs local shops charging 2x... Especially when I get them same day/1 day.

Tl;dr get Prime, especially if you live close to a city :)

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

To add, I honestly just want the best deals, lately Wal-Mart/Amazon/Costco have been killing it on Oil prices for oil changes, it's near double at Autozone/O'Rs and then... The customer service I get at some of these auto chain stores is slow (unless it's a specialty spot, which in that case they know their ****), I don't expect the service rep to know everything but sometimes the guys I get must have never opened the hood on a car... Just easier to buy online unless I need it now at 8 pm. I mean their branded freon/r134a is $10 a can on sale!! I can get 6 cans name brand online for under 6... So a savings of 24+ and tax too, and I don't have to stand around/drive there.

Obviously this is an example but I've had similar experiences putting together a computer at MC.. Just takes too much time. I'm probably a minority to some of the crap people buy, but online shopping has saved me time and money on computer/car/home projects, and I'm not talking about buying knock off junk parts etc.. It's just crazy when a parts store can charge crazy markup vs online, near 50-100% in some cases. Don't get me wrong I'll still use the local guys as long as the markup isn't crazy but more than 20% markup is silly.

14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member