1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NBA Finals] Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sajan, May 12, 2017.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed May 31, 2017.
  1. GSW 4-0

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. GSW 4-1

16 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. GSW 4-2

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. GSW 4-3

12 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. CLE 4-0

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. CLE 4-1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  7. CLE 4-2

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  8. CLE 4-3

19 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. BackdoorHarden

LOL. Check out Lebron's friend and the CEO of Majestic Steel, who got kicked out of the game. He inherited the CEO position from Daddy

He's going to president of the USA soon thanks to Lebron
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Space City

steph going off in game 5

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's so weird watching Curry against the Cavs. Last season he had an injury excuse, but right now there is none.

4. Mr. Space City

5. BackdoorHarden

Cavs in 7

Todd Leebow and Lebron for VP and President of USA

[​IMG]

6. BackdoorHarden

so anyone put money on Cavs last year after 3 to 1? GOING TO BE RICH AGAIN BETTING CAVS.

CAVS in 7

Superteam = CAVS

7. hcw128

hcw128 Member

Kevin Durant with 16 free throws
    Media: KD is so fun to watch!

8. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Not gonna happen. It took a historic 3 ball performance for the CAV to win a game. They can not shoot 60% a second time.

9. JumpMan

If this game was close despite the historic night, then people could say that that type of performance is needed to beat the Warriors, but it was only needed to BLOW them out.

10. i3artow i3aller

Leebow

"Leebow is apparently boys with LeBron James, as well as other members of the Cavs, and another report suggests he once tried to hit Tristan Thompson in the face and called him the N-word after he saw the Cavs big man feeding Sierra Smebakken grapes at 2 am."

Who is this guy?

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

I'm putting all my money on the Cavs....i'm gonna be rich!!

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. VBG

VBG Member

Draymond Green says he knew he wasn't called for a first-half T b/c Mike Callahan told another official it was on Kerr, not him.

I guess Draymond confirmed what the refs did and that the first tech was on Kerr

16. JumpMan

Green sitting on the bench grinning with the water bottle gave me some serious Artest laying down on the scorer's table at the Palace vibes.

Cleveland fans are going to be all over him if he comes back for game six.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe the leeway Draymond gets. If Dwight Howard did what Green was doing, he would have been ejected in the first half lol. I can't believe the refs literally cancelled a technical on Green and reassigned it so as no to eject him. I've never seen anything like that lmao. Both of Draymond's technicals were warranted clearly lol, it's an automatic tech when you make that gesture to a ref. And how did Zaza not get a technical or anything for a swipe to the balls? Harden got suspended for slightly raising his leg in the vicinity of a groin. This was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.

Anyway, the actual gameplay was awesome. Glad the Cavs got one at least and that it wasn't a boring ass sweep. Warriors will win by 25+ Monday.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  18. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Credit to Warriors for fighting till the end. They actually cut it to 11 partway through the Q4. If Cavs 3ptr cooled off, I think Warriors could have come back.

But the game was pretty much decided in Q1. Not so much the 16 pt lead but the fouls. Too many Warriors picked up 2 fouls too early which had too many obvious add on effects (defend more timidly, allows Cavs to set defense after FT, rest during FT, disrupt game flow, etc.)

But I do think Warriors should have adjusted by driving more and try to pick up fouls on their end. If the refs are calling it tight, then see if you can take advantage. Worse case, you make the ref bias seem even more blatant if you're not getting the same calls.

19. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

The first tech I can somewhat understand. But the second tech was ridiculous. It was an average reaction that all players make. Players would be ejected less and right if they called those kinds of techs.

My own personal opinion is that you don't call techs unless it is egregious. Universally almost everyone thought that second tech on Green was completely ridiculous.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that players shouldn't get techs for hand motions like that, but it happens all the time. Harden got a tech for a hand motion like that that I remember off the top of my head.