1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk chairs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FlyerFanatic, Apr 16, 2017.

1. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

The sale runs May 4 - May 17.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I encountered that thing last year and almost supported them on Kickstarter, but thought I'd wait for reviews since there are a lot of chairs out there that seem to be great but just fall apart or terrible to sit in. Hell, I should know since I go through a Staples chair every year or two. Anyway, here's their Kickstarter page from last year :

But the Kickstarter campaign ultimately was suspended because of this : https://thetechreviewer.com/tech-ne...-autonomous-smart-chair-campaign-raised-615k/

donkeypunch likes this.
  4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Aeron for sure. They are expensive, but if you plan on spending a lot of time in it and have had any kind of back pain from sitting for long periods of time, it will be well worth it. There are different models and customization options depending on what you are looking for. I'm using the B, fully loaded.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That sucks, especially after backing it and anxiously waiting, only to see that it was suspended. I was trying to find the original Chinese one, as it would probably be cheaper but couldnt find it online.

6. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I got a Tempurpedic tp8000 about 5 years ago and it's still comfortable and supportive and I've been sitting in it for about 40-50 hours a week the whole time. I used an Aeron for a couple of years and I liked it, but I had to remove the back support because it dug into my back.

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Cooper executive with wheels and arms in Walnut. From Thos. Moser.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What fabric did you get for the Embody? I've decided to pull the trigger on an Embody. Just haven't decided among Mercer, Rhythm, and Balance fabric. Mercer you can bleach-clean if needed, but not sure I'll like the feel. I'm not sure if the Balance is worth it or not, but I'm leaning towards it. Seems more breathable and softer, but like I said, I'm still not sure it's worth the upgrade. I may upgrade the casters and the frame to white, though. What color is your fabric, btw? Any regrets about anything on the chair? Thanks!

9. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

I got the Rythm Charcoal with the white frame finish, there's a few pics of it in here: . If I was to buy it again, I'd probably upgrade the fabric, not that I have issues with it currently, but it's going to last 10+ years... the $200 upgrade isn't a big deal. No regrets with it. I've seen some all blacks which also look really cool.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I just emailed my dealer before coming here to tell him I was ready to buy. I'm getting your exact chair except I decided to upgrade to the Balance/black fabric. I went to the Herman Miller showroom and got fabric swatches and am glad I didn't get the Merced fabric I thought about getting because it wasn't as dark/black as the pictures made it seem. I didn't like the all black chairs because they kind of seemed like a monotonous chunk of plastic. They didn't pop like the white-framed ones did. Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to place the order in the next couple of days. Thanks for the info,