1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor to be Suspended Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by benzman501, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

....man.....thats not even funny. Don't even joke...

So...um...I think I ended up in the Angry Forum...I mean Debate and Discussion somehow....uh.....is there any new news from Mo Taylorland?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Dude,

That is not a joke....don't be thinking the internet is anonmymous.

It isn't...and it is not a license to be rude and abrasive.....

Now, for those of us without a boss, well, we get to be pricks whenever we want.

:)

DD

3. Timing

Timing Member

Anyone have the latest on MoT so I don't have to read through that drama queen stuff the last few pages?

4. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I still like you. I have a place in my heart for fellow jackasses. ;)

5. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

WORD!!!

6. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

BRAVO!!!!!

So...any word?

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

nothing new....while the appeal is ongoing, I really doubt that we will see any comment until something is decided.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

edit:

in case you didnt see this one...this is the last article posted in this thread...2 pages back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1657069

9. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Legrouper, the r****d comment is what started is buddy. I fired back and then the threats of tattling began. Luckily, Htownhero called you out and now we are all friends again. Dakota, i didn't realize that we had people on this message board that were hyper sensitive about profanities. I'll try to keep them to a minimum.

10. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

So I take it no one interpreted the sarcasm in my "I didn't Bait him!" post. That's cool.... You see I just like to bait all the newbies into blowing up on me so that I can find out where they work and blackmail them if they ever tick me off again.... consider it a lesson in humility JUNIOR!....

Just Joking! Take it easy. I would rather have friends than enemies.... especially friends that are going to get me tickets to the next game so I don't tell their boss.... Just Joking! OK, I will stop. I seem to have a propensity to beat a dead horse.

And it really isn't that some people are super sensitive on this board to profanities. Especially Dak - he's a old time *** ** * ***** ********. Really what it is, is that this board tries to be a little more professional in terms of no nude photos, no flames, no profanity, proper spelling, no net abbreviations, no spaming... etc....

11. LeGrouper

About Mo, maybe the appeal will be successful after his suspension is up....

12. Ben Lusky

Ben Lusky Member

Well it should be anonymous, message boards at least. Except for idiots like me who didn't quite figure out the whole username section of the registration. I'd change my name but it took me a year to get to 100 posts, that kind of work i cant lose.

Keep up the hate, that hilarious. Leave out the job threats, thats weak.

13. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Point taken Legrouper. I agree that we should keep the board clean and free of sleezy internet crap. However, there is nothing wrong with joking around every now and then and getting into semi-heated debates. That is what a message board is for. As long as no one takes anything personally and we don't make harsh personal attacks or threats on other members, we can all get along and continue to discuss our favorite Hoops team. Now to end this thing: many players in the nba smoke weed, some have the athletic ability to perform to the best of their abilities even while getting high, some have the smarts to lead a subtle lifestyle off the court to avoid getting caught, others cannot be peak performers while smoking, and some (Eddie & Mo) certainly cannot get a away with it. If it were up to me, nobody would smoke during the season. But it isn't. All we can hope for as fans is that our favorite players are giving it their all every night and they can balance partying and playing. End this thread.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

This is not possible, it is not physically possible to perform at your peak level while doing MJ.

They may perform well, but they could be doing even better without weed.

Weed is weak.

DD

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Why should it be anonymous? People should have the guts to back up what they say....and mean it.

If you want to be anonymous....don't say anything controversial.

However, if you do, realize you can be ratted out....and hunted down like the weak dog you are....methaporically speaking of course.

:)

DD

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

three hundred and thirty-fifth!

17. LeGrouper

This is the summary of todays lesson. It is not to difficult to grasp your mind around. If you do not understand it then you fail.

I remember one of Jim Rome's more amusing moment when he was talking about the Canadian snow boarder Ross Rebagliati who lost his Gold Medal in the Nagano games due to testing positive for marajuana use.

Rome's take was that he should be given TWO gold medals because of the fact that he was high while getting the first one... This is because it is MORE DIFFICULT to do anything except laugh and eat while you are high.

I have no doubt if Mo were to get serious about getting in shape and playing serious basketball he could be a 15 and 9 type player. But his complacency on the court, not wanting to rebound, not wanting to play solid defense, settling for the tough shot on the outside when he could make a strong drive - are all typified by marajuana use.

The same goes for every other NBA player ever testing positive for the drug. Sheed and Damon are a perfect example of wasted potential.

18. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Is this proven? How the hell do you people know? Dakota, i tried being nice but that is over. I have nothing to hide, you are the one hiding behind your dog's name. Answer me! Is it proven that you can perform better without weed? I know people who smoke before lifting weights. They say it helps them. Grasp this, it may help some people, it may hurt others. Accept it and shut up about it!

19. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Are you kidding? SHeed is an allstar man. Damon sucks anyways. DO you guys even follow basketball?

20. LeGrouper

I am a competitive powerlifter. I would love to see my opponents showing up high.... that is hilarious... I haven't heard about that one yet in the weight lifting circuit... lifting weights while high increases lift propensity!

Athlete: Hey man do you have any steroids I can buy?
    Black Market Dealer: No I just ran out, but I do have some marajuana. You should really try it. All the best weight lifters use it to pack on the muscle. It increases your strength, endurance, and mental clarity. Remember all those huge muscular potheads in highschool - yeah you really need to try this stuff...

I think I am about ready to call bull**** on your GA to Charley Casserly story.... besides you sure have a lot of time to post for working 80 hour weeks....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.