1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll watch my Rockets, but outside that I'm done with the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Moleb, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Moleb

Moleb Member

As a consumer, I'm done with the NBA. It's not a good product. There is no competition no balance. I know some will agree with me. Some will not. I don't care, but I'm not going to watch basketball anymore if GSW wins in a "Dominating fashion"

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I agree. I'm not sure what system the NBA could create. This though is lame

Pen15clubber and Brown Lost It like this.
  3. MD_in_Training

Ditto. The NBA will definitely feel the negative effects of the KD move. There are enough people out there losing interest in the league that it will move the needle in terms of future ratings, which will likely drop after game 3 and not recover for awhile. Even if 5% of viewers stop tuning in (likely much bigger drop), I think that can spell doom for the NBA going forward once the new TV deals are to be negotiated.

Brown Lost It likes this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the max contract system destroyed the NBA

if players could get paid the % of the cap they are worth, super teams wouldn't happen

but the players association would never go for it as it means fewer players getting a larger share of the money

I only watched the Rockets out of habit, now I won't even do that

5. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

I'll be honest. Obviously I'm a huge Lebron Troll hater. It's mostly due to people like Nick Wright or all the other rejects that are just too much on is Nutt's and don't recognize his failures at all.

I went to 30 Rockets games this years guys. I missed game 6 against the Spurs because I was in NYC watching the Astros skull **** the Yankees.

I can honestly say I'm not an NBA fan, even tho I went to 30 NBA games this year.
    I'm a Rockets fan, and that's that.
    As much as I hate Lebron, I'm only watching the finals because of him.
    If Boston made the finals, I wouldn't be watching a single minute.

Love the Rocket to death!!! But the NBA is a pathetic product with a pretty poor audience.

gatsby likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

GS Warriors super team > Miami Heat
    as far as how far ahead of the rest of the league

With the heat . . .you thought that their role players could fail or being overcome.

With the Warriors. . . they don't really have but 1 role player on their starters
    and that is Pachula/or whatever is in the Center Position - The one position that the NBA has made irrelevent
    Coming off the bench they have two very good role players

I don't mind them as a team but I'm not watching them
    I am just sickened by the Front Runners.
    The people that want to claim now how KD is the best player in the league

Sorry . . when you don't have the responsibility of carrying a team . . . . you not the best player in the league.
    Lebron, Harden, Westbrook, Isiah Thomas, Kawhi . . . .they have this responsibility

KD, Curry, Green and Klay really don't. . . . .

Rocket River

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It was a freak occurrence with the crazy one time cap jump.

It sucks, but the system isn't flawed to the point where it should be drastically restructured. Wait out the Warriors dynasty and the league should be back to normal after that.

mfastx likes this.
  8. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

You All need to learn about gambling. I care about point spreads and over unders. I don't give a crap about one team dominating or the team names or who's on that team. I care if they can win By 9 points or not.

9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

#kneejerkthread #seeyounextseason

10. GottaHaveHeart

Agree. Aint even watching finals!

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  11. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Asterisk

Emtenndo likes this.
  12. likestohypeguy

Not necessarily OP, since he's just done with it after tonight, but I generally believe someone when they tell me they haven't been watching, when they don't talk about it, at all. Don't know about it, or care when you ask them a question or something.

Less so when people come into basketball forums during the game, start new threads & seek out game threads to post about how they didn't watch any of it, but still have very strong opinions about all of this.

MoonBus likes this.
  13. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I haven't watched one minute of this series but I still know what's going on whether I want to or not. Tonight, I've been watching college baseball on ESPNU and the Finals score is scrolled across the bottom of the screen every few minutes. Not to mention if you go on a sports website to check stats or baseball scores then you're bound to see it as well.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

you mean the NBA is still playing games?

Heck, the good thing about baseball that even with the super teams (Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Red Sox) you have small market teams that always rise and contend. This year you have the Astros (yes, I know we are the third largest city, but in sports we are a small market) as the most notable example, but also the Twins. the Rockies, and even the DBacks. So even though the Yankees can toss $$$'s at players you have teams that win with what they got. And while the Yankees will contend almost every year, other teams regularly sneak and and win.

The NBA? Sure, in years past it was the Celtics. The Lakers. But other teams snuck in too. Anyone honestly think a team will sneak in? Sure, we can wait it out but at least for the next few years, tip of the hat to the Warriors front office and system and... there are other sports/things to watch.

Handles, Williamson and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  15. da_juice

da_juice Member

I haven't watched a single game since the Rockets got eliminated . I'm a young guy in a city and a Netflix account ; why waste my time watching boring basketball with so many other entertainment options? I think the NFL is going to be my new sports fix.

Handles and Williamson like this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lmao, youre Late to the party OP

I watched every Rockets game this past season

I probably watched a combined 40 minutes of all other regular season games not involving the Rockets and 5 minutes of non Rocket playoff games, most of that being just waiting for the Rockets when they are the 2nd game on National TV

Pen15clubber and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  17. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

You'd still watch if we had a super team and we're destroying others...

edwardc, TEXNIFICENT and MoonBus like this.
  18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Exactly this. It's simple macro, and it really seems like the NBA didn't hire a single economist when creating this environment.

19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Do you think GSW's fan base can sustain 30 NBA teams, if not, then you should also be concerned.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. FearTheBeardJH

Competition doesn't equal good product. Rockets are much less watchable(some of the worst games to watch when they take 50+ threes and miss most of them) than the Warriors even if every Rockets game is close and Warriors win by +20.

MoonBus likes this.