1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

In your profession, what problems or frustrations do you experience most

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swag, May 26, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Computers and IT equipments. They are so unreliable and breaks down right exactly when you need it the most.

2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

I used to be a waiter too, my "frustration" was all those cheap bastards who tip 3 to 5%, even with great services. And they all have something in common, ok 99% of them, if you've been a waiter before yall know what I'm talking bout.

Swag likes this.
  3. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

what if you don't pick up the phone?

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I get pissed when the boss gives me work that cuts into my CF time.

jae713, J Sizzle, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  5. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I work in accounting. Biggest thing is no one else in the company worrying about accounting. Like its not a big deal. Not responding to questions, or not submitting things correctly.

I recently moved to statutory reporting, which is a subset of accounting. Now I ask other accountants questions. They treat the stat reporting like its no big deal, which is an even harder blow.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I've had several waiting jobs and one delivery. The worst tippers didn't have anything in common except that they were cheap. Women, men, young, old, every race out there. But the worst were the repeat folks that got good service and gave you a bare minimum each time. So I made a game out of it when they'd come in. I'd always try to get them to buy a little more or ask them if they wanted a second.

I had two I flipped. One was a pizza delivery lady. Always fast on the draw, had her pizza with the one dollar tip already written in. I always made sure she got her pizza first. Never last. And she'd know it because my bag had more in there. She started putting a dollar next to the door. When she saw it was me, slipped it in with the check. Boom, doubled my payday.

Second was also a lady but in the restaurant. Came in super late, ordered a beer and celery and read her book. Always tipped like 75 cents. So I made a game of it, gave her extra attention. Don't want to spend more? No problem. She's getting more free stuff. I start asking her about her day or her book, asking if I can't get her some water. Start bringing her water even when she doesn't ask. I do that for weeks and she knows she's getting good service. Orders wings the next time she's there and tips 2 dollars. Came back later to only beer and celery, but I still got 2 dollars.

When I flipped those folks, it was better than any 60 or 100 dollar tip I ever got. It felt like I broke thru a barrier that the customer didn't know existed. Big tippers tip big sometimes. It's what they do. They pay your rent and you're happy about that. But being happy with that extra dollar is what the job is about. If you can pull extra money out of a cheap person's pocket... you've done something.

Make it a game, an obsession and it won't bother you any more. You'll just be thinking about what else you could do next opportunity.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Getting annoyed by having my expenses taking forever to get approved by accounting. It's my money I spent. I want it back in a timely manner.

8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I work in restaurant management. The worst part is having to deal with people who think they are entitled.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm my own boss, and for the most part it's great, but there are plenty of times when clients have unrealistic expectations or simply lack perspective on where they fall on the totem pole.

My biggest headache is dealing with one particular client. They are one of the biggest home builders in the country, and the amount of time and resources it takes just to maintain their satisfaction is sometimes maddening. However, when their check clears every week, I hit the reset button on my stress levels.

jae713 and daywalker02 like this.
  10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I only get pissed at this when they criticize me, in response to the resolution email, for working late.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

At my last internship it was micro managing and long staff meetings (all staff had a conference call for an hour every morning to go every what they did for the day; from every branch and every department. Wasted a lot of time). At my last position, it was mostly personal drama.

12. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

IT integration problems combined with various problems in call centers that my company's WFM system tries to solve. It's fun once you've solved everything though :)

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

PowerPoint after PowerPoint presentations :eek:

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not a fan of perfectionists. I can't ever ever seem to make them happy no matter how much I try to make things look perfect. Drives me absolutely nuts and just ends up adding stress before every meeting with them. I almost feel like I checked out on that one particular person and I just sit there like a zombie while they criticize every single detail. I like presenting quality work, but after so many damn iterations, it gets pretty stupid. I'm fine with major details that should look good, but minor things, I don't get it.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just like the OP's Post: In life it's lack of attention to detail that kills.

da_juice likes this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Was in the freight forwarding business most of my career. I hated that everyone felt like they were self-righteous know it alls.

Constantly getting into pissing contests with men and women just because they want that next promotion or raise, especially if its in front of the GM. They won't loose an ounce of sleep if they step on you and make you look bad if it means they benefit from it.

That's why I recently left and am now in the oil and gas product service industry. Love working with my Director who's been in the business all her adult life it seems and the engineers are always extra helpful when you need a hand at understanding something. Complete 180 from what I'm used to receiving. I love my job now and thankfully don't dread heading to work every morning to deal with more entitled jerks.

jae713 likes this.
  17. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Lol, agreed. I submitted a trip expense report where I was gone for a month and turned in a stack of uber/lyft receipts. A month went by and I got an email from the secretary saying "the finance office want to know where you went". I said "on all 50 uber/lyft receipts? they have addresses on them". she said "they don't care, they're not going to look up every address. they want you to write the physical building/location on every receipt".

I stormed into office, grabbed the pile of receipts and wrote 'restaurant', 'hotel', or 'airport' arbitrarily on 50 uber/lyft receipts and stormed out. I did get my check a week later though.

-----------------------

Though by far the most frustrating thing for me is the bureaucracy. I'm a resident physician at a program affiliated with a county hospital. Our ancillary staff (nurses, technologists, etc...) are county employees. And lemme tell you, you don't get to be ancillary staff at a county hospital by being a superstar employee. They don't have to listen to us resident physicians, even if it means the work they're doing is shoddy or even dangerous.

So if we have problems with those ancillary staff, we have to tell our bosses, they have to tell the ancillary staff's bosses and those ancillary staff bosses have to get off their lazy ass and talk to their employees. So basically nothing changes or gets done.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Marketing Project Manager in financial service industry. Biggest frustration with this position is that I spend most of my time waiting on other people (market research, graphic designers, law/compliance, etc.) to finish their work. I know creative people need time to be creative, but I have hard deadlines that are mostly non-negotiable. And if deadlines are missed, it's nobody's fault except the PM of course! I hate having to pester people to hurry up, but that's what I do most of the day.

Some people don't understand that you can have your materials created really well or really fast....but rarely both. So make a choice which one you want and understand that you can't have both.

Also, I hate having to have kickoff meetings. We're all professionals here and there's no need to have an hour long meeting to talk about how to do a campaign that we've all done a million times already. But people here LOVE meetings for some reason. I hate them. Our managers here run from meeting to meeting literally all day every day. One of the main reasons I'm cool where I am and don't really want to move up.

jae713 likes this.
  19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Filing TPS reports. Is that cover sheet really necessary?!?!

Invisible Fan and FLASH21 like this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]