1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What a first month! Let's review...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

After a lackluster summer who would have expected the Rockets to have so much activity within the first month of the season. Your division leaders have sidelined their "work in process" superstar Eddie Griffin for violations that include missed practices, missed games, mental illness and gun play that may result in him being in more trouble Cynthia Cooper at a spelling bee.

When Maurice Taylor said that he felt "lighter" I think he meant "higher" than he's ever felt before. He seen more drug problems than the desk clerk at the Betty Ford Center, and a ten game suspension isn't one of the twelve steps.

Cuttino is "burning with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns", but was damn near traded for a couple of scrubs in Boston.

Boki is a legitimate three point shooting threat! We all held our breath after watching him lay brick after brick in pre-season, now it's OK to exhale.

Steve has won us all over again. The ball hogging scoundrel has tricked us into believing that he is a bona-fide superstar that can carry us back to the promised land. Hopefully he can trick us well into June.

"Second best team in the West" and "The most improved team in the NBA" are quotes that have described your Houston Rockets. I don't know what the rest of the season will bring, but it's been one hell of a month!

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

3. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Ooops...Great post AB! The ride has just begun...Go Rockets!

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I didn't know Dennis Miller was a Rockets fan...:D

5. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Yao is improving

And Jeff Van Gundy has earned his players respect and is doing a very good job.

6. Win

Win Contributing Member

Nice post, MB.... I too am excited, however, we have yet to meet the teams that will truely show us how the Rox stack up.

7. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

yes rockets are doing great and i cant wait for what the rest of the season holds for us

but something else....

why do you guys not jump on Another Brother and tell him how pointless, stupid his post is etc.? just because he's a senior member? this post just sums up every other post about how franchise is getting better, how mo t is suspended, how eddie is gone, how the cat is shooting great....blah blah blah

everytime i junior member or member posts a new thread thats being talked about somewhere else, everyone jumps on their case

not fair at all IMO

just my two cents

8. Win

Win Contributing Member

errr, I meant AB... Guess that's waht I get for doing crack while posting :mad:

9. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Funny...feel the same way

10. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Nah because they know that I already know these things. To further make mention of it would be pointless.:p

11. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

[​IMG] You oughta be a comedian or something. ;)

12. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Great stuff AB

13. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I always have that same problem...usually it's because I've used every light bulb in my house to smoke out of and I can no longer see the keyboard. One time I used my monitor as a pipe and I had to just kinda guess. I didn't even know if I was in internet explorer or not, I just typed.

14. rothdaniel

rothdaniel Member

.......and 2 of our key role players (Pike and A Griff) are still due to come off of IR

As time goes on the new defensive schemes and the benefit of JVG's attention to detail will become more apparent. This team is still learning.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

After four years of being put through "Basketball Hell," the first few games have been a breath of fresh air. I hope this continues and even improves. I am struggling with this abiding fear that at any moment the Rockets will go back into "crap mode." I am vigilant and hopeful.

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This is just the start the rox have alot more to prove to alot more people and they will do so.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nice response, and good post :).

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Classic!

19. farhan007

farhan007 Member

i kinda have that funny feeling too... and im afraid it might start in Dallas.

20. dawnwind

dawnwind Member

Correct me if I am wrong: the less a team replys on pure raw talents, the more mature and promising it is, unless you have supernatural like MJ.

JVG is doing this job.