1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor to be Suspended Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by benzman501, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Look all you "wait for the facts!" people... this is a Rockets bulletin board. We have been discussing Mo Taylor for years. You can imagine that some of us might jump to the conclusion he is smoking weed again and there is nothing wrong voicing that opinion. We ain't the judge, and our opinion don't mean crap in terms of what happens. It is just frustration at the embarressment and loss our team suffers as a result.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

here is a hypothetical question for some of you.
    if you saw Mo Taylor, Eddie Griffin, or let's say Moochie Norris at a party in Houston and you were invited to smoke a joint in the VIP room with them, would you go? then you would knowlingly be putting the team at jeopardy if you were caught. would just knowing that they were smoking change your opinion of them?

just a scenario, how would you handle it?

3. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Hey Legrouper,

If you read my last post i was kind of agreeing with what you said. I wasn't advocating the use of marijauna in any way, shape or form. I was simply stating that I am a firm believer that most nba stars do it occassionally and live the lifestyle to get away with it. I wasn't disputing you in a negative way. AS for threatening me by sending a thread to my boss goes, who's being the child here? Would that really make you feel better?. Would tattle taling to my boss make you feel a little better about your argument? You make a good one, don't tarnish it by behaving like the kiss ass in kindergarden. You people need to quit taking everything so personally and realize that we are on a message board. THere is no need for threats. If it's about the language, then i'll tone it down a bit. Oh Dakota, thanks for clarifying that buddy! I know that legrouper was saying that it effects their play. I thought I was being clear when i stated that "it doesn't effect everyone's play". That was the whole root of the argument. Don't get involved in other people's arguments slick. I hear the dakota's are real happening places by the way.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

jdlee80, grow up or shut up.

Or even better - both.

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

jdlee's right that many NBA players smoke. Rasheed Wallace is one that we know about who happens to also be a hell of a player. There are certainly others and there are certainly ones who've never been caught. jd's been baited into behaving badly but he's not ultimately wrong. And he's not behaving any worse than the people he's arguing with.

And Sir Jack: LeGrouper already cleared it up, but I just want to say again, there was nothing personal in my original posts at all. I was responding to an unwarranted attack. I fought back and then I took the high road (no pun) and got out. It would be easy to stay in and keep pointing out the flawed logic in this thread, but I'd rather just wait to see how the whole thing comes down instead of engaging in a flame war. As I've said before, I don't know whether Mo did or didn't do anything wrong. And I haven't defended him except against people who insist he should be persecuted for something no one knows he did.

6. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Finally, someone who not only agrees with my original claim but also isn't crying about being in an argument. I'm gonna follow in the footsteps of Batman here and not point out every time someone says something stupid. Hey Sir CHarles, where did you come from? Sweet name too. I didn't know we were in the presence of a knight.

7. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Sounds like a misunderstanding.

I do think it is important that we honor each other anonymity. I mean it's not like jd's selling Mo his stash.

Mo's ignorant because he understood the risk and still did it and got caught.

Maybe DD told on him;)

8. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Oops. I meant LeGrouper. Sorry DD:(

9. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Calm down Mo

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I would toke it up with them in an instant. I would then encourage them to try Urineluck, or something.

11. LeGrouper

BAITED! Batman you obviously didn't review the full interaction. Here my original response to jdlee with the post I was responding to:

Originally posted by jdlee80 - Why can;t Mo be like the rest of the players in the league? It can't be that hard to smoke dope, play well, and not get caught all the time. Hence Iverson, Franchise, TMac, etc...... I gave him a lot more credit than Griffin's worthless ass, but it seems they are both screwed for the time being.

MY REPLY -

Francis does not smoke, hence he tremendous play and physical conditioning. Iverson and Tmac don't either you r****d. How do you think these guys become the epitome of greatness in their sport, by smoking dope? Mo should have been up there.

I used to smoke and try athletics. Then one season I quit to see what would happen. My lifts went up by about 50% and I became team captains for my soccer and rugby teams. Now I don't waste my life with that useless crap any more. Maybe I will hit it again when I am retired, but if you want to dedicate yourself to becoming good at something, you can't be smoking damn dope.

THEN HE RESPONDS WITH THIS COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE POST -

Hey Legrouper,

If you honestly think that Francis, Iverson, and Tmac don't smoke then you are a ****ing moron. You aren't quite the athelete that those guys are, so it isn't surprising that you couldn't perform well while dabbling in the doja. If you asked any nba player how many players in the league smoke dope, they would tell you without selling anyone out that around 70% do. There have been many many reports on this within the last few years. Next time you call someone an idiot, make sure you know what the **** you are talking about first. It's hysterical that you honestly believe these guys don't smoke. Wake up dumbass!

--------------

Then later he tells Dak to eat **** because Dak called him junior....

Was my first post a bait? Was Dak's? Hell no!

12. LeGrouper

If I made such a swell argument jdlee why did you start throwing obscenities at me.... I think you do need to lay off the kill...

And I wasn't the genius who went on the internet, identified myself, then started telling people to eat **** and calling them ****ing morons all the while defending illegal drug use. You brought that on your own head smarty. I didn't threaten you, I was pointing out to you that you were behaving badly and unwisely. You continue to do so all the while claiming to take the high road.... Good lord....

13. LeGrouper

That is a good question 110th, I think I can answer that one pretty easily though. I would suggest to them to have a shot of tequila with me. If they still wanted to smoke I would let them because I ain't their momma.

14. ZekeTheTrueFan

If the Rockets are going to be a SERIOUS contender, this is the kind of stuff they need to rid themselves of. I say Griffin and Taylor should go. even if it means for nothing in return. no return is better than negative return in my book. Lets keep moving forward at ANY cost.

15. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Yes BAITED! By this comment in your first reply. I'd say you started the whole thing.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Fine, it is about the language and the tone...and I live in Austin....Dakota was my dog's name.

:)

DD

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Don't worry, I would have told...

:)

DD

18. tweetyluvs33

tweetyluvs33 Member

i agree!!!!!! im glad to see that somebody else is behind eddie griffin.

19. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

EG should come back.. I want him to come back... See what happned with Jason Kidd he got into family problems (tru he didnt shoot anyone) got traded and made his team one of the best in the east.

20. LeGrouper

Thanks Htownhero.... no one was supposed to read that part.... way to go jackass...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.