1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor to be Suspended Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by benzman501, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Listen, I don't want to offend anyone on this site. No, I am not absolutely positive that Tmac or Franchise smoke dope. I am saying that it is pretty understood that many of the nba's elite stars smoke dope. Whether it's during the season or not is a moot point. My point is that these guys are such unbelievable atheletes that they can maintain their excellence on the court even while getting high every now and then. Iverson has openly admitted to smoking before games at georgetown. Was he any good in college? I am not proud at all that these players are doing it. I could actually care less, they entertain me every night so whatever they are doing is working. Some people can funtion the same whther they are smoking or not.

Legrouper, just because you can't function on the same level while smoking doesn't mean they can't. Oh and about my job, I am currently the grdauate assistant under Charley Casserly for the Texans. I work 80 hour weeks. I think I know a thing or to about what it takes to make it in the real world. What the hell do you do for a living? I never said anything about myself smoking anything. Once again, if you are gonna say something, make sure you know what the hell you are tlaking about first.

2. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Dude you are so high you can't even spell.

3. LeGrouper

Such as making a claim that certain people smoke pot when there is absolutely no indication of it?

Look jdlee, that is a real nice job you got there, I am glad for you. I am glad that you understand the value of hard work and I will take your word on it. But if you are getting high going to work then you are wasting a golden opportunity. If you aren't then maybe you understand it isn't a good idea. If you are only smoking the weed on the one free hour you apparently have everyday - then I think you might be wasting that one free hour (unless you are in a hot tub with some playmates getting high.... that would be productive free time). Anyway my point is that I don't think true professionals who want to excel at what they do should be using marajuana on a regular basis.

I am well aware that some of these athletes are so gifted they can get away with it. But it does hurt their performance. The reason Mo was given such a big contract was his potential. He has never reached his potential because he has been wasting it on dope.

And the question whether or not it is during the season is a very important point. It is kind of like my boss doesn't give a damn if I get wasted on the weekends. But if I am doing it on Tuesday night he gets a little pissed when I come in with bloodshot eyes and a huge hangover. It affects the next days performance.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

President and CEO of my own company, and I agree with Grouper 100% ...JUNIOR !!!

Good thing you work 80 hours a week......most of us don't want to....

DD

5. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

WORD!

P.S. love the sig. How true. ;)

6. Timing

Timing Member

Too late.

7. Crocketball Fan

Say guys, bottom line about drugs, alcohol, whatever is it's a means of escaping reality temporarily and confusing your own brain waves intentionally, although temporarily (at least in theory). Basically, any drug or alcohol use in pressure situations (game day, any time requiring legitiamte concentration, etc) is totally counter-productive. These guys not only serve as role models for youth (and adults), get paid obscene bucks, work full time half the year and enjoy celebrity status, but they also have a duty to themseleves not to underacheive. I find it sad that the "bling bling" NBA star lifestyle that has existed basically since Jordan propelled the sport to a new level of visibility tends to hold the more foolish guys down in their own haze. Yes, lots of pressure, so much that EG's career is probably more or less over entirely. Guys like Mo Taylor are all over the NBA. Perhaps that's one of the reasons fundamentals such as shooting are way down from the lower paid, lower profile era. This whiole thing is definitely bad for the Rockets and I think now the team is at risk for beng known to tolerate A+ potential but B- rate playes who put personal party issues before their career accomplishments. I hope the Rockets organization can make a stand eitherduring or after the season and let the league and fans know that this BS is not part of Rocketball, as it is in Portland. Portland is now basically known as the dope smokers' team, where that's OK as long as you're good on the court. Maybe that's why they're a super under-acheiving team. I just remember someone telling me back in high school that they don't call it "Dope" because it makes you smarter.

8. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Funny, I thought he was being paid to dedicate his career to the Houston Rockets.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Your posts sure did not sound like that, they sounded quite angry and included personal attacks.

Maybe you confused LeGrouper with Trader_Jorge?

10. LeGrouper

Yeah, I know, I thought that too whenever he started talking about Bush doing Coke :D

But I did infer that he was a pothead, so it ain't like I wasn't asking for trouble:)

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

True, I missed that :).

12. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Hey Dadakota,

WHo the hell asked what you did for a living? Nobody cares that you are president and ceo of your own compnay. And about the junior comment, eat ****. Legrouper, I understand what you mean and i certainly agree that doing drugs and working should not be encouraged. I never wanted to imply that i encourage that. My point was just that these guys can get away with it. How hard is it to play a few basketball games a week and still have time to hit the pipe. These guys have a life style that is conducive to having time to do it. As for whether or not it affects their play........Some guys can get away with it, others (like eddie) obviously cannot.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

jdlee,

Groupers point which you innanly are arguing about is that it EFFECTS their play......PERIOD !!

JUNIOR !!

DD

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

i have a feeling Mo didnt do it this time becuase he is saying he didnt. The first time he came out right away and said he was guilty. I sure hope he didnt do it

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Shawn I hope you are right.

I just can't believe that anyone can argue that mar1juana does not effect how people play....that is just stupid.

DD

16. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I don't know if I ever mentioned this but....I never liked that guy anyway

17. LeGrouper

You know I wonder if Charley Casserly knows his Graduate Assistant is posting on an internet bulletin board, advertising the fact that he works for Charley Casserly, and then making statements advocating marajuana use in professional athletes. Not to mention telling other people to eat **** without any real provocation except being called junior while acting like a little child. If you want to be acknowledged as an adult quit throwing little temper tantrums because someone disagrees with you.

This entire thread is saved and can easily be sent to Mr. Casserly along with your username which I am pretty confident are your initials and last name.... even if they aren't I am sure he can figure out who his hothead GA is.

You need to calm down. We are all rational here..... well some of us are rational here.... well I think there are one or two rational people around here and we will be glad to listen to your points if you can convey them without personal insult.

18. LeGrouper

You know after I calmed down a bit after hearing about it, I really hope he gets off this time too. Do I think it will happen - NO....

But if it does maybe JVG will hop on his ass and make sure he buckles down and flies right. Maybe he will start to live up to his potential. Lord knows we need him to.

19. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

You're joking right? The first time he admitted to it because if you voluntarily ask for help, they arent as hard on you....he is denying it now because he just looked in the mirror and saw a dumb schmuck who is getting paid 8 million a year to do nothing and said to himself "Gee, I may have really lost everything this time"

He deserves whatever he gets in my opinion. Not just because I have always disliked him...but because anyone else who was employed by a firm with a drug policy and failed a drug test multiple times would be on the unemployment line right now.

20. Grydian

Grydian Member

How do you know it wasn't a pian killer he was perspcribed that he took for his shoulder seperation. The way the team is acting and he is it seems to me this is a simple mistake by Mo and his docs... Optiates are in many pain killers and thats what is in herione opium ect... its very possible he is innocent. wait for the facts before you go off on ur rampage of hate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.