1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] James Harden partying after last night's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dicksont, May 12, 2017.

1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

That's a fair question.

Did he also have 'nothing to give' during game 5 against GSW? Or how about game 6 against the Clippers? Both of which were elimination games where he also no-showed.

I'm rooting for Harden, but something is off. A psychiatric evaluation may explain it. If the Rockets can diagnose the issue, then there's hope he can overcome it.

bulkatron likes this.
  2. lastreg

lastreg Member

It is normal to relax.

But it is also safe to say the level of internal drive for the championship is not high enough to get you to the promised land, anytime soon.

3. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I remember that quote in your sig when he made it... makes me laugh every time I read it, lol.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Harden is 27, single, and a millionaire. I would be mad if he didn't go out last night...I love the rockets and the loss hurt me as a fan, but I would've went clubbing last night if it wasn't for the fact that everyone wants to go out tonight instead

BigShasta likes this.
  5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Then remember his performance in games 1-4 against GSW. He had a bad game 6, came back in game 7 with a good performance, and then brought it to GSW for 4 straight games.

I think fatigue was a big issue. I think he knew he couldn't do what he did all season and he tried to compensate by doing things that hurt him, like making passes to make plays that weren't there.

Agree though that the killer mentality isn't there.

6. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

So what? That a$$ whoopin he got on the court was punishment enough and he deserves to go out. He will be hated if he do or doesn't so whatever. I guess ppl would prefer him lie in a fetal position in the shower all night.

I said it in the other thread, rob gronkowski partied like a rockstar after a super bowl loss so get off harden stick.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Perhaps I've forgotten but did they go out to a nightclub after that loss? or did they just go out to a restaurant for a meal?

8. ferrari77

THIS X1000!

It's more about the optics when you're a celebrity in his position. Of course we would all do the same thing(most of us) after a tough day on the job. If you're James Harden, after a game like last night, it probably would be a better look to wait till you hit Cancun(or whichever fancy island is tops now) to get the party started as opposed to the same night after a game like that in the city you play in.

But Harden gonna Harden

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. ferrari77

So, some people still don't understand that

1) Gronk is special- By special I mean the type of player that can get away with the things he does off the field despite playing for Bill Belichick. Very few, if any players in the NFL can get away with that.
    2) Gronk isn't the #1 star on that team. Brady is. Brady's the leader... a la Harden and the Rockets(the only way both should even be in the same sentence).

Nah, people would prefer him to go have a meal and sleep the defeat off. Then get on a private jet and head to some party spot in another city or some Island and get his party on if he wanted...as opposed to on the night of a defeat and performance like that.

10. Raven

Raven Member

You don't go clubbing after you just lost the series with a humiliating home defeat. It sends the wrong message. My hunch is that Harden cannot control his personal behavior and will eventually need professional help. Just a hunch.

cheke64 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah what do I need to post that stuff for? It does nothing. I gain nothing from lying about where's hes been within he last week. It's well known what he likes to do whether the people that aren't used to that type of scene believe it or not. By all means continue to support this guy at all costs. I've been pretty positive about him all year long, however He isn't immune to any criticism when it's well deserved to me

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Great look for the city, organisation, team and its fans. Good job Harden. You deserve all the criticism from the media.

YOLO likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I believe you YOLO - where there is smoke there is usually fire.

DD

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

so we have seen pictures and video of him partying after the game. but no pics/vids of the night before? but apparently somebody has said "pics" but are not releasing them. and more than one person has seen them! lol such nice guys

bobloblaw and JayGoogle like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Bue we are naive for not believing lol...

Everything gets leaked on the internet, except for these Harden pictures.

It isn't hard for someone to go anonymous on some reddit account, leak the pictures, and be done with it...but these pictures/videos don't exist...

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

No offense to the posters spreading rumors, i like and respect them but i will never trust hearsay. I am an empiricist. I need to experience proof of something like seeing a picture before I assume stuff.

What they are saying isnt outlandish or hard to believe, there is just no reason to believe it if you are an empiricist

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also because there was that time last year or the year before that Harden was at a concert before a game...but he wasn't. It was proved false.

18. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

No regrets, but this could've been Harden, and it'd be sweet.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

the rockets legal team wiped those patrick patterson nude selfies off the internet and killed that scandal off pretty quick.