1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Harden concussion theory gets national attention (Washington Post)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 12, 2017.

1. omgTHEpotential

Self-sabotage because of the fear of success?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/somatic-psychology/201101/fear-success

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sure. That's why we didn't make it to the 2015 Western Conference Finals.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

This was the weirdest we have ever seen Harden play. We have to agree. One of a kind. Harden partying is not a one of a kind thing. It never made him play like this before. Something really troubling happened to him. May not be a concussion. We can only speculate. But I believe a lot of that had to be outside his control. He would not choose to embarrass himself like this. Just his face. Something was totally wrong with him that game. No superstar with the ball in his hands all game and the game going so bad would be so passive. Any mentally healthy person would be putting shots up. Whether it is ever actually be determined to be a concussion, I have to conclude it was something outside his control - no way he makes those choices

And these ppl who think they know **** about concussions - even doctors don't really know concussions. It's emerging science, geniuses

#63 oakdogg, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    DonKnock and TheFreak like this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

Roger Goodell doesn't want answers.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, this is worse than the DMo mystery.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

The NBA has launched the play defense safely program and asked Harden to be the lead spokesperson.

7. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

No it's not. He set an NBA record in turnovers in an elimination game 5 against the Warriors in 2015. He crapped the bed in game 6 against the Clippers that same year.

We have seen this exact thing during important elimination games a couple times. Stop making excuses for him.

8. oakdogg

Don't educate me on these games. I saw them. I've seen most rocket harden games. None of those bewildered the nation for how messed up he looked. Bad games are a dime a dozen. Last night was way different

9. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Say what you want, but setting an NBA record for turnovers in a playoff game definitely falls in to the same category as last night.

10. oakdogg

That was a bad game, but you and i don't have to debate about it. Look at the mystified reaction of everyone - us, Popavich, Hall of Famers. This was unique. I cannot think of another time in bball that compares

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Maybe MDA was the one with the concussion?????

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No, I'm not excusing the performance and I don't buy the concussion excuse even though I don't technically know for sure. All I'm saying is your post said you are bothered for a few days and then back to work. That is not true 100% of the time. In fact there have been athletes and entertainers who have suffered for weeks from symptoms of a concussion.

Again, I'm not buying it for Harden (not that the team is selling it).

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the issue is much simpler. Harden doesn't play well when he's fatigued. And by he end of game 5 he ran out of steam. The Spurs forcing him to guard 7 footers in the post was probably a major factor. In the first round, he didn't have to play defense.

Recall Harden spent the first half of his career coming off the bench. Stamina might just be a problem for him?

TheFreak likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

has anyone ever been concussed from motorboating? i bet a baseball has.