1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what Yao said on his BBS after game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by laughdog, Nov 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. laughdog

laughdog Member

Yao logged on his BBS right after the ORL game and said the following to his fellow Chinese fans who have been continuously complaining about his agressiveness and dominance:

"I was a little crazy tonite, but I felt really good, damn good, because I felt I was REALLY playing NBA. It is true that my shooting % looked kind of bad tonight, but I can solve this problem by keeping practicing. I averaged only slightly more than 10 points in the previous games although I shot 50%+. It's like filling water in a bottle. With a small bottle, you won't be able to get much water even if you filled the bottle full. With a big bottle, you can get much more than what you could get with a small bottle, even if the big bottle is not full. It is as simple as that. As for that tech foul, what I would like to say is that: it was WORTH it!!!! But for the $500 fine, would you guys share it for me? "

from what he said, i'm seeing something coming for the Rox...

2. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

I think Howard Psyched him up at the end of the game. I hope this means taking the ball more towards the basket and play the opposition front on.

I would like to see Steve talking to Yao after he misses couple of shots to calm him down and assure him he's going to be fine. It's the coach's job to criticise, it's the captain's for support.

3. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

This is exciting! It will probably takes a few games, or a dozen games, for Yao to transition from 25% force 75% finesse to 75% force and 25% finesse. But when Yao gets there, who is going to stop him? The $500 fine is WELL worth it! It's only going to be less than 0.001% of the $100 million contracts a year You can make when you bring Rockets to the promised land!

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

He's comings around.

5. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

Do u have the link to Yao's BBS btw?

6. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

LOL!!! :D :D :D Hell yeah! Go Yao!

7. lavarock

lavarock Contributing Member

8. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

dont worry, boy. a few of those missed shots were hacked putbacks.

now kick some ass next game against miami

9. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I wish I could read what was on that site. :(

10. danielk

danielk Member

Hey I didn't watch the game ..can any1 tell me why Yao got technical for? Kinda cool! Yao got technical his 2nd one of career? hehe. I remember his technical when he creamed some scrub last year :D

11. tannersearle78

I wonder how much of an impact my post made on him.

12. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Heh...Yeah. I was just there thinking the same thing.

The post at the top seems like Yao.

Then, the rest are his fans chiming in...kinda cool having a running dialog with the "man" himself.

:cool:

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Actually that was his first technical. The one he got last year after the dunk on Ratliff was revoked.

14. prlen

prlen Member

u r yao 's mental coach!
    haha

15. danielk

danielk Member

hey london amaechi tea drinker..so why did he get the first technical? I didn't watch the game so can u tell me why he got it:mad:

16. keep_rudy

keep_rudy Member

17. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

Laughdog, Great translation and findings. Thanks!:D

I'm so excited that Yao have a positive feeling after the game. He doesn't feel bad on his poor shooting but feels good on the 18 FG attempts he got.

In other words, he was frustrated for getting only 9.5 shots in the past 4 games even he shot over 58%.

Hope that Yao can get more FG attempts in the next 77 games!

18. keep_rudy

keep_rudy Member

19. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Calm down. He's not obligated to write everything. It's in the game thread, but I'll copy my take on it for ya.........

About Yao, he got no love from the refs tonight. He was run into once when he got an offensive rebound, and put the shot up and in as he went to the floor. No foul.
    3 defenders swarmed Yao when he was attempting an offensive putback at the rim, TMac bopped him in the chops from his blind side, and the his arms where getting banged from the other defenders. He bobbled the ball, a foul was called, he regained control of the ball, and out of frustration, swung an elbow (not serious, but it got some attention) and was called for the T.
    He was getting bumped often, and should have gotten some foul calls. He didn't, so he got frustrated.
    He had a bad shooting night, true, and didn't seem to have his game today. It happens. Maybe he was trying too hard, since our power forward stock is low at the moment. He did have a good number of shots.
    Steve and Cat picked up the slack, a great game overall, and a good team effort!

20. laughdog

laughdog Member

it was me who originally post your article on yao's site and many fans loved it and helped with the translation. i indicated that the article was from Rox' fan BBS but didn't spell out your name. sorry, hope you are not going to sue me for copyright infringement. (btw, i'm a lawyer, you cannot win a case against me!)

yao loves your post too. i guess yao does not read much english, so if you have something to say to yao, you can send it to me and i'll translate it into Chinese and post onto yao's site. thank again for your post! my email: hy4e@yahoo.com other fans' emails are also very welcome...