1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "FIVE Hall of Famers texted me James QUIT!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heads.up, May 11, 2017.

1. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

I bet Morley is the power bottom

Caesar and HadToDoItCF like this.
  2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I think you nailed my feelings really well. I currently pay for League Pass subscriptions for multiple family members to watch the Rockets across the country. I don't see me renewing any of them next year - not even mine. What is the point of investing all that time in watching 82 games if they will choke or freeze or whatever they did when it really counts the most? At the moment, I can't see myself supporting this group. I don't want to identify this group with my Rockets. I'm only on this site now, because I'm hoping a story breaks that the whole team had food poisoning.

Richie_Rich and True Rocket like this.
  3. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

James is the bear. Les is the peeping Tom voyeur.

THELANDLORD likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There are PLENTY of reasons to chastise James Harden no need to make up this stuff.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not really. He's had maybe 2-3 games on this level. Hate to see it, but no, it does not happen frequently. Him playing well is what happens pretty frequently.

Listen...I'm not telling you what to think. If you think James Harden should be traded or cut or whatever, that's fair enough. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just will choose to continue to root for him. I'm sorry if you take issue with that.

PyroTex and split41 like this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He acted like he didn't even care in the press conference. Like it was some January loss or something. Baffling.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

It's not verified. It's fake news. He wasn't out partying. People will always say that he was at the strip club or getting drunk the night before whenever he has 1 of his horrible games, but as usual, they have no proof whatsoever.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's something we have to acknowledge after 5 seasons here. He's not a playoff performer. 2013, I'll give him a pass. That team did p-ss away the 6th seed down the stretch and cost themselves a first round matchup with the Nuggets(who were upset by the Warriors), but once they faced the Thunder, no one expected them to win that series. Going 6 was impressive enough.

2014 though, was a major concern. Harden really sucked in that series. I think it was Game 6 where he finally showed up, but he was awful for the most part leading up to that. Wes Matthews was a decent defender, but he shouldn't have been able to shut down Harden like that. Also remember that the Troy Daniels 3-pointer that saved them from a sweep resulted from Harden nearly turning it over(before Lin recovered the ball and made the pass to Daniels).

2015, Harden was decent against the Mavs. A pretty solid Game 1(I was at that one), a terrific Game 3, and an ok Game 5. Against the Clippers though, he really didn't show up for that series til late. The 2nd half of Game 2 was ok. Game 5(despite having the flu), he got a triple double and was outstanding. And then he delivered in Game 7. The Warriors series was another Jekyll and Hyde performance. He was great in Games 1 and 2(despite that turnover at the end), and terrific in Game 4. But he and the rest of the team didn't even show up for Game 3 and in Game 5, he had 13 turnovers and killed any chance of stealing a winnable game.

2016, the whole team sh-t the bed. Better to just forget about that entire season and playoffs.

Which brings us to 2017. He was ok against the Thunder. Solid Game 1(after the first quarter). Amazing Game 3. But horrendous Game 4 that nearly cost the team the win. And then just an average Game 5. Truthfully it was the bench that kept bailing the Rockets out as the series wore on. And then the Spurs series......well, let's not relive that nightmare.

So going forward, I'm not sure I can ever expect him to lead this team anywhere in the postseason. He doesn't have the mental fortitude to elevate his game and respond well to pressure situations. This is a guy who shuts it down in a game if he doesn't get foul calls early on. Do we really think he's gonna be able to deal with the Warriors and Cavs(or even Spurs) of the league?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

He let Matt Barnes go up to his mother and talk smack without doing a damn thing. You think a little old loss is going to rattle his cage? LOL.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was before the 2nd half....mda looks like he knows they are not winning. Maybe the had a bad locker room situation going on

Ozzy and Pen15clubber like this.
  12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Well, at least no one will ever be pissed when westbrook gets handed the MVP trophy in June.

13. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

He had a bad game, so does every superstar. Wish the season didn't end this way, but I remain positive for Rockets future.

Jayzers_100 and nacho bidness like this.
  14. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Clown. The embarrassing loss is bad enough. No need to make up lies.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I was about to asked when did that sad pathetic footage take place because I stopped watching after the first q or so. Pitiful.

16. liveguy

liveguy Member

This game was purposed for that....

17. heads.up

heads.up Member

i was confident Rockets were going to make a run to get back into the game after half time, then they wheel out this footage before 3rd Q and I knew we had no chance. That type of body language seems like there was a locker room argument. D'antoni never looked like he doubted Harden all season even during bad losses but tonight he sure didn't seem to believe in his #1 guy.

FANfrom86toNow and roxallways like this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Houston Rockets deserve no medis respect at all

Houstunna likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Prove it or lose this narrative

Just lying and rumor mongering is completely bush league

Rocket River

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. vizier

vizier Member