1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I feel the worst for the people who spent their hard-earned $

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsingles, May 11, 2017.

1. jsingles

jsingles Member

I don't care about the corporate "fans" who show up late each game, including in the playoffs. I feel terrible for the middle-class people and families who spent more money than they probably intended or felt comfortable doing to see a Rockets playoff game. Thinking this was worth the expense to witness what should have been a dominating win to force Game 7 against the Spurs, instead was a complete embarrassment before the first 12 minutes were over. Millionaires 20 times over can go home, or better yet jet off to some foreign locale for a vacation, while people working their 9-5 have to deal with spending their bonus check or vacation money on something that no one should be forced to pay for. To each their own, and these people willingly bought these tickets, but they expected effort, a semblance of trying, something out of their home team. Instead nothing, the millionaires can go on living the high life not caring about the ordinary people while they have to leave the arena and drive home knowing they got screwed.

This game is a microcosm of what the Houston Rockets have been for over 20 years, occasional high expectations followed by heart-wrenching defeat.

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Morey needs to start feeling some pressure. I think this team has lost a lot of the fan base after this performance tonight.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. thejav

thejav Member

Just gotta lower your expectations. We got beat by the better team. They were seeded higher than us and they beat us. Simple math bro.

4. jsingles

jsingles Member

You think the Spurs, over the course of an 82-game season without Leonard playing would be seeded higher than the Rockets this year? We disagree there.

5. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I think if I had spent my money.. I would have said something to Harden when he was leaving.... LIKE GROW UP...

6. heads.up

heads.up Member

Cmon bruh you think no Tony Parker and No Leonard is a better team? They just got embarrassed by 40 at home. This is not a talent issue, something happened that made the players all quit. Typical Houston Fan sports life.

7. jsingles

jsingles Member

I'd be at a loss for words

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

simple math? so a rockets team who blew them out twice with their best player but in an elimination game at home without their best player get beat by 40. yeah that's pretty easy

9. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Do they have refund policies for games like this?

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We all got T-shirts. It happens.