1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor to be Suspended Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by benzman501, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

let's just hope the Rockets get this mess corrected soon.It's better to have these distractions now and not in April or May.
    the team is still coming together and if it has to do it without Taylor then that's way it has to be.Remember the Rockets repeated with only a 10 man roster in '95. We ARE going to be in the playoffs this year, there isn't one f**cking doubt in my mind. I'm just wondering if Taylor is going to be there to see it happen.

"though you say I'm unkind
    I'm being as nice as I can" Elvis Costello

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

AMEN

3. danjojo

danjojo Member

Rockets need to dump him the way they did Griffin. He's an average player making millions. Screw him.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Freakin' perfect...I saw this on SC last night as I'm in ABQ...All you can hear from my house was me saying "No F*cking Way!!!":mad: :mad:

What a complete idiot...I can't believe this would happen, now of all times...We need to ship his azz out of here...

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I want to know what Dale Robertson thought about the KT trade back then. I don't like people blaming management for player movement by hindsight.

Back then, everybody thought KT was the logically choice if they were to get rid of one PF. Some people thought they shouldn't make the deal so fast yet. But very few people thought we should trade Taylor instead of KT. And almost no one thought EG was expendable. So all of a sudden, it's Rudy/CD's fault that we are in such a mess?

6. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

I have absolutely no regrets about Mo being out of the lineup. I love Cato at the 4, I hate Mo's shot selection and I hate his defense.

Braggs will be able to come in and spell Cato, Amaechi will have to spell Yao. And who knows, maybe this will spur EG into coming out of the looney bin and playing enough so that he has some trade value...

7. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Cato, Cato, Cato..... !!!!!!

Never thought I'd be writing that :eek:

8. Thanos

Thanos Member

Eddie was clearly overestimated by the management. We can't forget the fact that they passed up Lewis and SAR because they weren't willing to part with him. Trading Taylor never was an option. He was untradeable last year, and now is more untradeable than ever. Like it or not, we are stuck with him. It isn't about keeping Mo and parting with KT, it's just that we couldn't keep all of them, and Griffin was supposed to be a star.

I liked the KT trade, but not how it ended up, without Posey and without any 4 on the team whatsover. CD couldn't foresee Eddie Griffin breaking down and Mo puffing the magic dragon again after choking back tears the first time around, though.

Not a fair bashing to CD, indeed.

But then again, Kt and Rashard would look so good on the new unis...

9. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Eddie is dumber and Mo is Dumberer. Eddie is dumber because he skipped a game and got suspended 2 games then he skipped practice adn got suspended indefinetly. Mo is dumberer because he got suspended 5 games last year and now its going to be ATLEAST 10 games!!! Mo already knew this was coming! Plus Mo's older he should know!:D

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They've had that before. It didn't work out too well. A world series was fixed in part because the players were too poor, and took money from gamblers. Players were getting screwed left and right.

As rich as the players are the owners are richer, so I'm not going to feel any sympathy for either side when it comes to union v. management. But I understand the need for a union.

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Let's just slow down here and not hang Taylor yet for what we really have no idea about. The players union is only allowed two of these fast paced respones per yer, so someone feels strongly that he's not as guilty as it seems. We will find out. Mo can be a legit "allstar" player as we know, so I don't think this "dump him" mentality is serving anything. EVERYBODY"S GOT BAGGAGE. I was glad to see KT go, and as to Eddie, well that's a very different level of problems for that young man. 6 games is tough, but if this is reduced, we can get through this. If, on the other hand, it was any other substyance except some steroid to help with healing, then he is a complete and total idiot. "Sir, here is 6 million dollars, to have it, play basketball and don't smoke pot for one year. ok?"
    Time will tell. Good luck on this one MO. I am holding out for the best result. GO Rockets !

12. LeGrouper

This freaking idiot has been in trouble so many times before for smoking the dank that everyone here already knows what he is in trouble for. If it was steroids Mo would already be on TV talking about it. He is too embaressed.

We know exactly what he did. He got caught smoking - AGAIN!!!

Everybody does not have that kind of baggage.

And you can't blame management, or Rudy or anyone for the pick ups of Mo or Eddie. Both are great players who if you scouted on basketball potential alone would be great. Unfortunately they make immature childlike decisions without regard to the team, themselves, or the one's who pushed to bring them to Houston. It was Mo and Eddie that made the decisions to run their lives into the ground, not anyone else.

13. aries323

aries323 Member

I hope that through all this crap that our PF has put us through this year.... only on game 5 now.... that they come back and play hard and play smart.

other than that....

MoTay is a fat pothead dumba$$ that makes too much friggin money.

Eddie, get on Zoloft or wellbutrin, and comeback and friggin play.

I'm soooo :mad:

aries

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

crash and xiki,

Yea, I know what the 2 of you are saying is probably right, but I have to get in a "smartass" post in the GARM every once and awhile, especially since I post in this forum so infrequently!:D

My God...I have become another rimmy!:p

15. CourtCourt

CourtCourt Member

16. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Why can;t Mo be like the rest of the players in the league? It can't be that hard to smoke dope, play well, and not get caught all the time. Hence Iverson, Franchise, TMac, etc...... I gave him a lot more credit than Griffin's worthless ass, but it seems they are both screwed for the time being.

17. LeGrouper

Francis does not smoke, hence he tremendous play and physical conditioning. Iverson and Tmac don't either you r****d. How do you think these guys become the epitome of greatness in their sport, by smoking dope? Mo should have been up there.

I used to smoke and try athletics. Then one season I quit to see what would happen. My lifts went up by about 50% and I became team captains for my soccer and rugby teams. Now I don't waste my life with that useless crap any more. Maybe I will hit it again when I am retired, but if you want to dedicate yourself to becoming good at something, you can't be smoking damn dope.

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Man, some of you guys want to hate Mo so bad you'll completely ignore the facts as we know them right now. We might (MIGHT) find out Mo did something wrong, but the odds look about even right now. It's amazing to me that since the Chronicle articles were posted -- both of which suggest this probably wasn't a pot thing -- a small handful of people have calmed down to wait for the facts and the vast majority is still screaming for his head and calling him a druggie. Most hilarious of all is that some people are suggesting -- in their incredible hate for the 'pothead' Mo -- that we bring back the alleged woman beating, gun toting EG. Calm down. At least until we know what's up. Please.

19. LeGrouper

Ha ha ha ha.... it is always hilarious how potheads come to other potheads defense.

Hey I understand, I used to be one. Potheads are a powerful nation. I am always surprised they haven't gotten it legalized yet. The only reason why is because it saps your motivation....

20. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Nobody noticed that this might NOT be drug related.

He violated the "policy."

Part of the policy is that you show up for scheduled drug tests. If he missed one of these tests, that is grounds for suspension.

Also, over-the-counter drugs like some decongestiants or prescribed codine, cortisone shots (comonly used to treat sport injuries) are steriod based that can result in positive results. Poppy seeds can even result in a false positive.

I'll wait to pass judgement until we learn the results.

It sucks that you are still suspended even if a an appeal is in process. If you win the appeal, its the team that gets hurt in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.