1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comey Fired

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, May 9, 2017.

?

Do you agree with the firing?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  3. Yes but only after the Russian investigation

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Replacing the FBI director would do nothing to change that in any way. The investigations will still go on both in the FBI and elsewhere.

2. TheresTheDagger

Let me get this straight...

The guy who supposedly (according to Hillary and many other Dems) was the sole reason for Trump getting elected gets fired.... and suddenly he was Trump's enemy now?

3. Indaface

Indaface Member

Comey screwed the pooch on a bunch of things and honestly should have been gone a while back.

That second paragraph by Trump in his letter is a complete joke though so I can understand if people have issue with the firing based on the timing and Trumps stupid commentary.

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Lol Trump in full recovery mode.

Exoneration in his firing letter? One time? Two? Nah 3 times..yea 3 times confirmed I wasn't under investigation makes it good!

Comey has no reason, and by how he demonstrated his composure in open testimonies, I know there is no way this happened.

BYE TRUMP!

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know, you were one of the few not calling for his head, but I would imagine even those who were calling for his head will still come out against this.

Some will look worse than others if/when they come out against firing him.....for example

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

suddenly? come on, man.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Fake News, Brah--the spin cycle is in FULL effect

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The FBI director has no influence over the investigation?

Yung-T likes this.
  11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I don't agree or entirely understand the firing. Comey did his job, took **** from Democrats, and now has taken **** from Trump for it.

But, to those who wanted Comey's head 6 months ago: careful what you wish for.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Be mean to Hilllary, get fired.

Obama should have fired Comey, for exactly the reasons Trump gave.

Trump should not be believed though. Trump did this to cover his own ass. Trump will certainly replace Comey with someone who's first job is to move on from the Russian investigation.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not just Democrats pointing out the ethical challenges of Trump's firing of the guy leading the investigation... but these republicans too: conservative columnist Charles Krauthamer calls Trump's justification "implausible." Richard Burr, republican chairman Senate investigation was "troubled by timing and reasoning". Senator Corker says the "timing will raise questions." Senator McCain repeated his call for an independent investigation. Justin Amash, republican house member also calling for an independent investigation, calling Trump's letter "bizarre."

Yung-T likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump pulling a Nixon.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

More like 66% of the country

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Thank you president Trump for draining the swamp. Let the democrats live in their Russian spy fantasy world while we Make America Great Again.

Aceshigh7 likes this.
  17. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Agreed on this, and this alone--he turned about to be far more independent than liberals gave him credit for, myself included. In any case, he did botch the Hillary announcement, that I maintain but I realize he was between a rock and a hard place.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.)

“I am troubled by the timing and reasoning of Director Comey’s termination. I have found Director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the Committee. In my interactions with the Director and with the Bureau under his leadership, he and the FBI have always been straightforward with our Committee. Director Comey has been more forthcoming with information than any FBI Director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intelligence committees. His dismissal, I believe, is a loss for the Bureau and the nation.”

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;ve spent the last several hours trying to find an acceptable rationale for the timing of Comey&#39;s firing. I just can&#39;t do it.</p>&mdash; Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) <a href="">May 10, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)

“While the President has the legal authority to remove the Director of the FBI, I am disappointed in the President’s decision to remove James Comey from office. James Comey is a man of honor and integrity, and he has led the FBI well in extraordinary circumstances. I have long called for a special congressional committee to investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 election. The president’s decision to remove the FBI Director only confirms the need and the urgency of such a committee.”

Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.). Score: -22.Regardless of how you think Director Comey handled the unprecedented complexities of the 2016 election cycle, the timing of this firing is very troubling. … As the chairman of the Judiciary Committee’s Oversight Subcommittee, I have reached out to the Deputy Attorney General for clarity on his rationale for recommending this action.”

NewRoxFan and Yung-T like this.
  19. TL

TL Contributing Member

I will grant that "the right" and DT supporters don't perfectly overlap, but not sure how this holds. Right after he was elected he said he didn't want her to be charged. That aligned with what happened.

He's either lashing out or covering up. Any other conclusion contradicts DT's prior stated comments.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I thought he should have been fired and now he has. what are you trying to say?