1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cat Mobley HAS TO GO!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EgRiFf08, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

oh my goodness this thread is still here!?

Mobley has been shooting the lights out and a monster on D, why trade him!?

With that in mind...

Houston trades:
    PF Eddie Griffin (8.6 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.5 minutes)
    SG Cuttino Mobley (17.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 41.7 minutes)
    PG Moochie Norris (4.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.4 apg in 16.8 minutes)
    Portland trades:
    PG Jeff McInnis (5.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 17.5 minutes)
    SG Bonzi Wells (15.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.3 apg in 32.0 minutes)
    SF Qyntel Woods (2.4 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.2 apg in 6.3 minutes)

:D

2. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

THIS JUST IN:

THE VOICE OF REASON IS A DOOSH BAG!

3. Nova

Nova Member

Now you're really sounding juvenile.

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

That's exactly what I meant. We shouldn't trade Mobley because you won't get a better value back from the trade. Plus, I don't think he is as bad a ISO player as many think. I just think he is a better SG than Francis as a PG.

Well said! We should come back to evaluate the team at the mid season to see if they really play as a TEAM! Not after just a few games.

--daoshi

5. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Hey Nova,

I made that statement because the voice of reason got involved in a conversation that was none of his business. Now you are doig the same. This whole concept of a message board is juvenile so i don't feel too bad. Do me a favor, post whatever you want about the Rockets on here but shutup when you aren't involved. Thanks buddy!

6. Nova

Nova Member

How is it that I'm not involved? It seems everyone on this board can be involved... it is a public forum after all and you did call us all out. And if you think a message board is a juvenile idea, why the hell are you here?

7. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Cause I don't mind being juvenile. Didn't you know that? You did tell me i was juvenile didn't you? This is a public forum, however sometimes people tend to have arguments between one another that don't involve nosey losers like yourself and the voice. Not only did the voice speak out of term, but you did too backing him up. It's ok, as long as you admitted that you should have come up with something a little more clever than calling me juvenile when you are doing it to. Me-2, Nova-0

I can't wait to hear your Mature response.

8. hrockets2k

hrockets2k Member

Ok I cant really sit back and read about these trade talks about Cuttino Mobley. At this point I really dont see why there would be a need to trade Cuttino. The Rockets really need two outside shooters that are a threat. Which are Cuttino and Francis, in the games so far that Rockets have played. Yao has been doing a great job bringing on the double team which if they can kick back out and swing it around to the open man wheather that be Francis, Mobley, or Jackson. Which in my opinion are shooting pretty damn good from the outside this season. Number 1 in three point shooting this season. If you saw the game against New Jersey you also saw how much of a boast Cuttino was. If it wasant for him they would have been totally out of the game. Cuttino started the push. Yes of course he does take bad shots and often but he is a young player that I can see doing real damage later on in this season. They still havant got 100% used to the offense that Van Gundy has brought. They are so used to the Rudy system which is pretty much Francis and Mobley shotting the ball and alleying all over the place to each other. I can see this system with our core players really getting somewhere. Trading any of these players on the Rockets lineup would be a mistake. I mean other then Griffin which should defently be traded for someone. We still have a pure shotter on the way in Eric and a good all around man in Adrian. Before there is trade talk about Cuttino there should be trade talk about Eddie more than anything. He hasant really contributed anything to this team and it kinda gets to me that we traded Richardson and hoping that Griffin would do something. Anyways my final thought on this post is Cuttino is a must on this team if they actually want to make a push for the playoffs since they need some type of outside shooting when they swing the ball around when Yao is doubled. The only trade talk that should be going on around here is Eddie Griffin.:eek:

9. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Cat is one hell of a shooting guard, with defense starting to change even better every game. Houston will be one of the team to beat in the west. Yes sir!:cool: