1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

If they blow up the Clips... Redick and/or Paul would be nice adds

goldoil likes this.
  2. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

CP3 allegedly is already getting a $200 mill contract offer to stay. Judging that he might have 2-3 good years left tops. If I was him I would take it.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think Hayward will be a great fit with Harden. I think it may result in a situation somewhat like Parsons.
    What we need a center, like Kat or a healthy Embiid. Alas, that is impossible.

D-rock likes this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

We need players that fit in the team needs. The first question we should ask is does this player make Harden more effective then would Harden make said player better, too. If the answer is yes & yes that the player to sign. We need Robin Lopez types. Nothing more or less just solid role players that play within the coach / Harden's system. We don't need an all star at every position.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not making a new thread cause i don't think it's worth it. Maybe at some point there'll be a 2017 freee agents thread...

BigMaloe and da_juice like this.
  6. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Will there be any game suspensions handed out to extend the series? I'm just asking. I don't know the rules. Is it like a technical foul threshold, or ejection means suspension next game?

7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If cp3, griffin, reddick Randolph are cheap, we can take it to play as bench.player

8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If houston gets the championship, then they should or stay here. Just use extra money to buy super sixth

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Harden still looks dead. Need Lou and Gordon to seriously spark this team.

10. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

yeah he looked dead scoring 43 point on kawhi at 50% from the field. Fuking idiots should not be allowed to post.

11. threepointshot3

If we had Paul Millsap we would have last nigh because he can defend and on offense he can attack the likes of Aldridge at will. 'm not sure how we can get him, but he would be the missing piece.;

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I think based on what this team's trying to do, Blake is the best option. An athletic big with somewhat of a shot, health is obviously a huge issue but if we want to compete with Golden State, we need star power.

Free agency should look something like:

1. Blake
    2. Millsap
    3. Ibaka

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, and you know Morey will go after the top dawgs first and foremost. I expect him to try and get in there to talk to Durant/Steph/CP3 too. That's just how he operates.

Obito likes this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

By a situation somewhat like Parsons you mean fit perfectly... except much much better because Hayward is much better and healthy?

The Rockets were 4th in ORtg that year... with Kevin McHale as their coach... and a squad not nearly as maximized as this Houston offense is... and a lot of that was because of the way Parsons and Harden meshed so well.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. saleem

Harden and Hayward are max players, both will look to score when they get hot. They need touches, despite Harden's excellent passing.
    Harden and Hayward are max players, they will look to score when they get hot. They need touches, despite Harden's excellent passing skills. Even if they do mesh well, we won't win, until our low post scoring and defense gets better. Nene's loss has made things worse.

D-rock likes this.
  16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The amount of fit that would be between them is like peanut butter and jelly. Hayward is a perfect Robin.

catarax05, Vivi and txn like this.
  17. saleem

Fine, but that doesn't solve our big man problem. Hayward will ask for 20 M plus. Is that worth it?

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Assuming we stand pat and don't make no moves in the off season how much cap would we have the following year? I really want to keep this squad together and not get rid of nobody. If I reallly get rid of somebody it would be dekker and Harrell.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

In this market absolutely yes. He's worth and will receive closer to 30m which is his Max.

He's very very good. He's not Durant level impact but he's probably Klay level impact.

Big men are dying. The best teams have a player similar to capela. Just hope he continues to strive into Deandre light.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol how can you not see Harden and Hayward playing well together? I mean, come on...

Rudyc281 and BigMaloe like this.