1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Among the top 5....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickdick, Nov 6, 2003.

1. serious black

serious black Contributing Member

Golden State???

2. Sane

Sane Member

I just want to note that the proper line is

"Let's not start sucking each others' dix quite yet"

Man, I love that movie.

BTW, you claim that our offense can only get betetr, but did you ever stop to think that maybe our defense may slip since we've been playing against non-playoff calibre teams?

3. bblock

bblock Member

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

BBLOCK only agree with You in 1 thing u changed and thats #8 Blazers are better than Griz u got me there

5. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Dallas owned us last year. They are an offensive machine scoring more than 100 points per game...We match up better with the Lakers or Sacramento. Like Dallas- We cannot overcome the Spurs in a multi game situation....

6. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

Utah is going to be in the mix for that last spot.
    Memphis will be close as well.

7. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Yeah Dallas is kicking arse.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

Golden State is the Sleeper in the western conference. Its a long Shot but hey I'm picking them as my UNDERDOG.

9. fatman510

fatman510 Member

we start the season 3-1 we win two in a row on the road.....and the result?
    everyone here says we will do better than the twolves, spurs and suns (i hate them, but they will do better than us this year unfortunately)
    get real people, our next game we will lose by 25 and everyone here will be predicting doom and gloom the rest of the season

but i guess thats what makes this bbs so fun :D

10. DoDo

DoDo Member

Did you watch the toronto game. The Antawn/Toine thing is not working and this is while they still are cool with not being the main man. Antawn can't excell and at best can't do anything for Dallas Fortson won't do. Toine is a black hole. Raef was good agaisnt Ming so him gone is good for us. They will miss Van Exel more than you think. They have now a lot of PF who can not play together. They won't out score big time like some ppl here predict. A strong tough man to man will stop thins team. I just saw Carter stop Dirk and get past three of Dal big men to rebound and dunk in a crucial two points. They need to be awesome now when there is no problem, future all-stars like Antawn don't like riding the pine.

Francis Nash- It is closer than you think, stop thinking Nash is so much better
    Cat Finley- Cat will be fine trying to stop an aging Finley. Jackson said Cat could be a big stopper in this league.
    Jackson Dirk- Dirk has the advantage but it won't be so easy for him, Jackson is a great defender
    Cato Walker- Walker can't score inside, no sir. Let him shoot the three ball
    Ming Fortson- ARE YOU KIDDING, even if they had huge advantages on us at all the other positions which they don't this almost makes up for it.

11. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

People. I have just heard on TNT that the Rockets are currently

(1) #1 in points allowed

(2) #1 in opponent FG%

(3) #1 in FG%

in the league.

Keep it up!!!

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Also on TNT, Doug Collins said that the Rockets might be the second best team in the west right now, with Duncan out.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Of course, last year, Fred Carter thought we would be the #4 seed about 1/2 way through the season.

14. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I know we have only finished 1/20 of the season. That's why I said keep it up. Still it's very encouraging to hear that. :)