1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/25/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2017.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This, my friends, is how you lose basketball games, and it has zero to do with supporting casts.

FANfrom86toNow and ramotadab like this.
  2. fiersdownbelow

Innocent question: Why are so few threads created here after huge games? Is there a select number of people allowed to make threads? I've noticed it's just a bunch of dumbass bumping of old threads. What gives?

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  3. HookemHorns1250

But he was tired!

Seriously though, it's as if the entire basketball world outside of Houston is in mourning the day after The Thunder were knocked out. To see headlines on ESPN "The NBA's best Character This Season Was Killed Off Too Soon."

I've never been so happy to move on to another round in recent years. I'm so sick and tired of talk shows making excuses when WB fails, or can't post headlines fast enough if he succeeds.

Just wish someone at ESPN had the courage to write an article headlined "The Rockets Take Down Thunder 4-1, Deal with it."

4. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Really, Chuck? I can think of six seasons just off the top of my head.

Patience and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I said production is what harden and Lebron need.

I know kyrie is better I said there similar in what role they play.

And kyrie is very overrated go check the advanced stats. He's perfect for Lebron or harden but not really any other player maybe KD an KL.

The dude has like a 3-20 record in games Lebron sits and a lot of those he still has love on the floor.

Kevin Love got a lot of flack in Minnesota and his first two years in Cleveland but atleast when he played for the wolves they won at a .500 level.

Kyrie has never even come close to that kind of winning alone and .500 ball is barely good enough to make the playoffs.

Once again I would love kyrie on houston with harden but for the money we pay Lou he does the same stuff just not as good but the role is exactly the same when he shares the court with harden.

If you noticed Lou is the only guy harden will throw the ball to and let do his own thing.

When Gordon and bev get it harden usually runs around a few picks to get the ball back. That doesn't happen with Lou.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The ESPN layoffs today only further reinforce what we've all been saying. ESPN NEEDS to prop Westbrook up because he's the player that speaks to the lowest common denominator of sports fans. He's all flash, all highlight reel, and very little else. But because the casual sports fan today is a hyperbolic, hot take regurgitating, mouth-breathing imbecile, that's what they love about him. ESPN knows this, so they proceed to lay off anybody that might speak out against the machine in the name of cost-cutting. If ESPN had executives who were actually forward-thinking, they might try and use this as a sign that their model needs to change.....but like most, they are self-serving, shortsighted, and driven by fear.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

lou was so sweet this series. having 2 6th mans is nice. i just wish it was easier to play them together considering they both play the same pos as james harden.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Wow! This line of reasoning is at best a reach. The ESPN layoffs have nothing to do with Westbrook unless he is somehow responsible for:

(1) The network losing more than 10 million subscribers over the past several years.

(2) ESPN committing to a 10-year, $15.2 billion deal with the N.F.L, a nine-year, $12 billion deal with the N.B.A in 2011 and a $7.3 billion deal for the college football playoffs all of which have forced the company to make drastic changes to their business model where they plan to rely much more on digital content going forward. Hence the continuing layoffs of personnel.

rocketman84 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if i recall well Anderson's defense vs spurs twins towers worked like charm in regular season

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmaaooo, I'm crying

I love the internet

Os Trigonum and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  12. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I bet no one talking pundit that voted for him for MVP will reference this. Because if they did, it would make them admit that this is how he earned his triple double throughout the season, and why they didn't win more games as a team. While Westbrook is a special athlete and basketball talent, he has a problem understanding how to win when it counts. And that's the real reason that he shouldn't be MVP.

13. Fantasma Negro

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

But OKC owner is scott free with his son spitting on Patrick Beverley. F this league!

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You missed the point of my post. I'm not attributing Westbrook to the demise of ESPN......I'm attributing the mindset behind why Westbrook is a hype machine as the reason why. The network has lost 10 million subscribers because viewers no longer care about the actual product anymore....they just want the highlights and the box score. Casual fans have no attention span for actual content anymore....they just want hot takes so they can go on Twitter, and regurgitate what they hear. What does "digital content" mean?? It means more 1-minute video clips of highlights, more hot takes, and less IQ. That's what I mean when I say Westbrook and ESPN go hand-in-hand.

J Sizzle likes this.
  16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Man, the best thing I ever did was stop worrying about espn. I've been waiting for them to maybe start reporting and stop creating garbage for the last two years. Fact is, they're. It required... news was deregulated a while back. Like... no one is required to fact check... there is no integrity in the news anyway. Why bother.

17. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

damn, cuban must pay up front

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

it used to be - damn did you see that game Jordan dunked on....kobe hit that gamewinner....duncan and fisher went crazy in the clutch...

now its - go to twitter: Russell Westbrook should be the MVP he is a triple double machine James Harden flops

19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I got a request I wanna see that clip of Bev lookin like a savage in the rain just before his in game interview

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member