1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/21/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Yaaaaaaay *slow clap*

francis 4 prez likes this.
  2. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Academy award worthy

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Impossible scenario. Game 5 in Houston. Game 6 in OKC if necessary

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  4. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Sam...you saw what I saw...I watched the most obvious and 1 I've seen in some time not called...these refs weren't calling anything short of murder.

deb4rockets and SamFisher like this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I wonder if anybody, especially those that slighted Jeremi Grant, know he is the nephew of Horace Grant and son of Harvey Grant? Kid should fill out into a Power Forward body...

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah. To my eyes OKC is getting any shot they want any time they want while their defense and rebounding is making everything harder for the Rockets. And Westbrook may have been shocked out of his knuckleheadedness and remembered his teammates are quite good. The Rockets need to make adjustments and play with some focus or they could be in for a long series.

Vivi likes this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Our bigs were extra soft today. They need to bring it like the first game, or this thing will be a long series.

BMoney and deb4rockets like this.
  8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yes, there was too much isolation/pounding the ball. Better to keep it moving.

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Beverley all bark and no bite tonight.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And you see what I'm seeing now: "Why didn't the coach call the TOUCHDOWN play" level of analysis by @Plowman

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We'll be 2-2 going back to Houston if this defense keeps up

mfastx likes this.
  12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Let's see

Anderson stinks like really stinks, like we can get better for less money stinks
    Bev can't score
    Capella gets abused
    We don't run anything for nene
    They took R three point powers
    We turn the ball over like we like it

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but if Harden hadn't missed those last 2 FT's at the end of the last game, he'd be 38-38 from the line in the last 2 games... wow. As it is, 36-38 ain't too shabby considering his FT shooting was looking shaky towards the end of the season (well, for him, anyway).

14. Wylo

Wylo Member

Why do we always have these ugly starts?

Is it because Harden is too hell-bent on trying to involve his teammates and not looking to score more often? He commits way too many turnovers in the 1Q, which has been a recurring pattern from the regular season. I'm actually surprised that Morey and MDA still haven't made any changes to address this issue.

How about Harden being aggressive from the get-go and make defenders to over-commit or second-guess, thereby making it easier for him to create for others? Harden's play-making in 1Q has not been working for a while, especially against good teams. It's time to make some changes.

15. Mr. Space City

i'm getting anxiety

what if maxed out on harden's great games and he lays egg like he's prone to do from time to time after a great stretch and we lose game 4?

people are not talking about it enough but harden's brilliance is the only reason we're up 2-1 and not down 1-2.

he kept us in the game in game 2 until the role players finally stepped up.

we really can't stop them in the paint and if harden has a poor game we get crushed.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Agreed - Let's let him ride the pine a bit and let Williams pick up a start.

17. mightybosstone

For anyone saying that Harden's shot at the end wasn't a good shot, I completely disagree with that sentiment. He had the ball at the top of the key with 3-4 seconds left and had a chance to win the game with a clean look before his defender could get a chance to get a piece of the ball. Given OKC's length defensively and how that possession turned out earlier where Gibson prevented Harden from getting up a shot at all, I think that was the smart play.

If he drives, there's a damn good chance the ball gets stripped and he doesn't even get up an attempt. And the referees more than likely aren't calling a foul on that play no matter how hard he gets hit. He saw a window to take a clean 3-pointer to win with the buzzer sounding. I think that was a solid decision. And he just barely missed it.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Wolverine was more like a little Chihuahua today. Bad.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Very nervous about game 4 as it is a must win game for us.

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our bigs made me wish we had a big tonight. You are right! They need to bring it like the first game or yes, it will be a long series.