1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/19/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2017.

1. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Espn trying hard not to be exposed for their season long crap. This series is going to make it hard to do that

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Lulz. WTF? Im a Harden hater? Who watches the first half of a game that we won by 30? A person that noticed bad defense and called it like he saw it on a playoff board. Then gets called out by some punks because Harden can apparently do no wrong. Im looking at you @vlaurelio.

Now that theres evidence of bad defense, EXCLUDING the wide open 3s because it was the game plan and Im wrong to use that in an argument? WTF is wrong with you? You argue the game plan, I show you the opposite end of the game plan and you want to call me the one with donkey brains? EL. Oh. El.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I bet donkeypunch sits at his tv, with a notebook, and pen just so he can note the time(s) Harden messes up on defense. This hater has nothing better to do.

Houston wins again.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

If Im something else. You are nothing!

rocketman84 likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

I own a couple of businesses. I dont have time like that but I like Rockets basketball and when somebody calls it out, I would hope to prove them wrong with game tape. Holding a player of your team accountable is not being a hater. I want more for this team. This is the playoffs. There are no plays off.

6. chandlerswyng

chandlerswyng Member

I moved here from Arizona for a semester at UTS. I would definitely be up to watch some games at a bar as well!

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

You don't have to "bet" he does that. He just did!!!

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

"I own a couple businesses" = deflect from the fact that I have nothing else to do but watch a first half replay solely to show 3 instances where harden didn't play D. In a 30 point win!? Nitpick much?

Not so mention, this all started cuz you couldn't see what everyone on here saw with the game plan. I bet this is all deflection from the fact you're embarrassed you missed the obvious game plan.

El.Oh.El

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Amazing burn. Your two businesses must not require wit

Reeko and tbw914 like this.
  10. donkeypunch

I see you have nothing else to argue. Talk about deflection.... Ive admitted as much as not knowing that was the game plan. Imnot afraid to admit that. Also having an acute bit of insomnia can actually do some good. I can go "back and forth" with you but clearly its not even worth my time since you just keep going back. Like I said, theres nothing wrong with holding your superstar accountable, especially in the playoffs. Ive given you examples of our argument, EXCLUDING the game plan wide open 3s, but you cant really argue that, can you? I think were done here.

11. tbw914

tbw914 Member

STOP HATING

12. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

You can't state facts or be critical on this site. This post is the epitome of "trolling" here

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

pardon me for interupting, but westbrook will show why he is the mvp in game 2 amirite?

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so on the contrary actually, these whores is loyal! :D

ramotadab likes this.
  15. Hui

Hui Member

15 more wins... actually 14 after game 2 :)

16. BigSexy

BigSexy Contributing Member

I'm in Melbourne and I'll be doing the same thing. Told work I'm not going in!

DonKnock, BigMaloe and chandlerswyng like this.
  17. j@amc

j@amc Member

OKC almost has the play a perfect game to beat Houston. You can hear it in their interview comments. Their PnR defense, D in transition, their perimeter shooting, and all around performance by Westbrook, all have to line up AND Houston has to play badly (turn the ball over, bad shooting night, killed on the boards) for Houston to lose in this series.

If the Rockets can weather the storm and match the OKC intensity level, we will game 2 by 8-10. The national media wants (maybe even craves) a one-good-player-doesn't-beat-a-great-team story. After watching us last year, it's hard to believe we are that team. Maybe the conversation should shift to the coach of the year award. That's what we should be talking about.

What D'Antoni has been able to do this season is one of the most interesting stories in sports. It was a struggle to watch our team last season as they played pretty terrible basketball. Our professionalism was fraying at the edges. We had no scheme on offense, no defense, squabbling relationships, off-court drama, poor conditioning, etc. A new coach, some needed subtractions, (and additions) and we transformed into not just a fun-to-watch team but a team that can win. I think it all stems from the coach. Whether Harden wins an MVP or not is immaterial, D'Antoni has shown that NBA teams need strong coaches.

18. Mr. Motiejunas

This will be a closer game but Rockets still win by 10-12 points.

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

If hes get a triple double, yes. Wins doesn't matter.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I was there in person. Harden look ok on defense. That boy westbrook fell to the ground and slid when harden picked him up lol. Harden was leaving roberson open to help on other defenders all night. It worked so y is donkey dik trippin

BigMaloe and Reeko like this.