1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beating San Antonio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cwebbster, Apr 17, 2017.

?

Would beating the Spurs in the playoffs hold you over till next season?

1. Yes

77 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

LOL reminds me of this epic Mcgrady quote:

saleem and roslolian like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

saleem likes this.
  3. Misigns

Misigns Member

[​IMG]

4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Spurs? You kidding me? Spurs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game!
    [​IMG]

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We haven't even got a road win yet, and you are talking about SA?

6. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Mostly depends on Rebounds and defence. Shooting accuracy, shall we shoot more 2 points? Ask harden to defense the power forward.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I'm not worried about San Antonio.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You shouldn't be considering your stinky Mavs are all on vacation already. LMAO.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

2-0 it feels good to be in the 2nd round!

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just passing this along. Don't blame me if neither SA or Houston advances. ;)

11. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Bumpity bump bump bump.......

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We need to make every shot against these guys. Efficiency and precision are their strengths.

13. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

Wow, if you are 13, I envy you, you already see the light. I didn't become a RocketFanForever till I was about 22 or 23 i was still believing in The Oilers till 79 or 80, I forget when, lotta reefer and a lotta years ago. RedNation is a family, join early, stay long. Live long and prosper.:)

14. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Yes. If I'm being objective and honest, I would consider this season an immense success if we simply force a game 7 in this series. It would be a tremendous accomplishment, considering where we were just 12 months ago...poor chemistry, no coach, no second scoring option, no direction. We need to enjoy every minute of this series and be excited about our bright future with a legit superstar, depth and chemistry, an actual coach/system, and a franchise that other players will want to play for.

Having said all that, I think if Houston is going to win this series, it will have to be in 6 games or less. Tough task.

Pen15clubber and dkim1984 like this.
  15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Tell Kawhi there's a sale at the GAP. That will get him to miss a couple of games.

16. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I think this Rox team has a chance. As a team, we don't look all that bad against the Spurs. We just need to hit our shots.

We get shots we design. We maintain the same level of tangibles as Spurs when we play them. We do have some issues with standing around, but our overall problem is simply shooting confidence. If we hit at our regular season averages, we're likely a favorite.

On the flip side, if Parker and Mills play the way they did that last Grizz game, we could be caught in a rough situation.

Honestly, I wanna see LMA punished for not picking us in free agency. Turd ass.

17. basketballholic

Key things to watch for in this series:

1. Nene's foul count - They're going to try to iso him defending Pau and see if they can get him a couple quick fouls against Nene. Spurs would love to limit Nene's minutes. Capela is toast and the Spurs already know it. They'd love to have Capela in at crunch time instead of Nene. The only way to make that happen is to get Nene in foul trouble early and keep him there throughout. That means attacking him directly with Pau and smalls driving on him early and often.

2. Green is going to be defending Harden early. It is to our advantage for Harden to get him in foul trouble as he's a key floor spreader for the Spurs (as well as a lock down defender) and the minutes Kawhi has to spend defending Harden early will help deplete his energy late in the games. Harden needs to force the Green matchup early.

3. Will Tony continue to be efficient in larger volume? He played on a whole different level in the Memphis series than he did all season. Increased both his usage and efficiency considerably. Some of that may be due to defensive attention given to Kawhi. But all the same he bumped his efficiency and production up considerably while being defended primarily by Conley. If he gets hot and stays hot that's trouble. We'll have to watch if Bev keeps him in check.

4. How efficient is James going to be with the pull-ups? Spurs are going Rubio challenge him to shoot a ton of them. Will he resist the urge? Or if he can't resist the urge will he show an uptick in efficiency? If he keeps taking pull-ups and didn't improve hid efficiency considerably from the regular season we will be in trouble? If he resists taking the shot or at the very least minimizes the amount of pull-ups he takes then our odds of taking the series increases.

5. Hardens turnovers - will he limit them ogre shill he continue to turn it over like he has up until now? If Harden doesn't decrease his turnovers we could lose this series on that inefficiency alone.

Should be a fun series. Hopefully we pull it out.