1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JOSH HART

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Jan 10, 2017.

1. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Have to wonder if the Malcolm Brogdon success means this guy goes earlier than current projections.
    he reminds me a lot of Brogdon. great, solid progression every year in college. very similar size, athleticism (Hart attended the combine last year before pulling out of the draft), both 39% 3 point shooters as seniors though Hart shoots twice as many.

Definitely could be a sleeper pickup... just think he'll eventually move up the draft boards a bit.

HTX Ninja likes this.
  3. basketballholic

Been following him for awhile now. Wright is producing good perimeter defenders. Hart's jumper still needs work but he's looking very good for where DE has him slotted.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  4. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Villanova lost in sweet 16 of NCAA tournament. We may have a better chance of getting him in early to mid second round.

5. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Draftexpress updated the scouting report:

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He takes like 35% of his shots at the rims and makes 70% which is pretty damn good for a guard. Combine that with his solid size, defense, rebounding and 3pt shot and he could be something.

Just worried a little about his lateral quickness.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  7. basketballholic

I like Hart a lot. Jay is very good at developing perimeter defenders. I wouldn't mind us taking Hart if he's available.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I been slowing looking around for potential sleepers and contributors who could step in almost immediately that we could acquire in the 2nd.

I've finally agreed with -holic.

I think his defense is great and it's enough for me to take him alone, but he really fits the mold being an off guard. His 3 ball is good and at a high rate of use. He finishes very well around the rim and gets there a lot. He just seems like a morey type that's undervalued because of age and measurables.

This is who I hope we draft. Even if we have to trade both our 2nds to move up to like 35 to get him.

Haven't studied film tho. Only numbers and some highlights. @basketballholic whats the scouting report.

9. basketballholic

Haven't read it.

Video - stat analysis - measurables - character and background

I was already familiar with Jay Wright and his defensive system after discovering Darrun Hillard a couple years back.
    Possible undrafted free agent gems

When I started watching Hart it was like watching Hilliard all over again in their defensive scheme. So I know he's a plus defender. Then it was a matter of looking at his offensive skills and putting the rest of the picture together with his stat analysis and character.

I like Hart. I'm sure he'll get drafted. I'll be surprised if he's still on the board when we draft. But if he's there and Mason, Bolden, and possibly a couple others aren't there, I'd draft him. He's an NBA player and could become a rotation player rather quickly, within a season or two.

Yaosthirdleg and BigMaloe like this.