1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-MAC BETTER THAT HARDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Morbid, Apr 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fake news.

F- troll.

CCity Zero, DonKnock, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's your fault he's here with your shitty logic and whatnot.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't lead the rockets to 3 first round exits

4. Dr. Morbid

Dr. Morbid Member

Wow, so fresh "argument"))
    T-Mac '01-'05 (4 PO) - 26.8 - weak team.
    Kobe '06-'10 (4 PO) - 25.4 - strong team))
    And Jordan played without zone defense and against midgets and nonamers)

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

nothing to see here.

DonKnock and tinman like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

They would be still jealous of Harden without me, because Harden has done much more.
    Just like they were jealous of Kobe and LeBron.

7. Dr. Morbid

Dr. Morbid Member

T-Mac is GOAT SG, what you mean?

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Can somebody ban this Dr. Morbid troll? He's bringing the collective IQ of this place way down. His trolling isn't even original, nor is it funny. Dude is wack. Get this clown outta here.

DonKnock and tinman like this.
  9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Harden vs. T-Mac is apples v. oranges. T-Mac presents one of the most complex player records in NBA history imo - one of the most talented SG's to ever step on the court (in his prime, the best in the league) who got screwed either by (i) being on teams that outpaced expectations due to him and rightfully lost to teams better than them in the playoffs, or (ii) had a decent supporting cast but was screwed with bad matchups in the playoffs. The best example of the latter is the Jazz where Boozer honestly owned us and had the series of his life (in hindsight - and even at the time - I thought Yao could not keep up with Boozer or defend him capably).

I know T-Mac is a polarizing figure here and some people take joy in poking fun at his lack of playoff success. I feel bad for the guy. He carried this team on his back; there were seasons here and in Orlando where, if he sat or was injured, the teams would have been in the lottery. He had the strongest supporting cast in Houston at the end of his career, but by that time his knees were shot. As a late game and playoff performer, he was one of the best who played and constantly rose to the occasion. Losing in seven to teams much better than us had nothing to do with him - the very fact those series went as far as he did was on account of his performance.

Thankfully Harden has a better supporting cast and this team has done the right things to make sure we dont put all our eggs in his basket. He's a legit superstar and MVP contender. BUT - and this is just my view - I dont think he has close to the resume that people here might make him out to have. Our long playoff run that took us into the WC finals a few years ago was on the backs of Brewer, DH12, and Josh Smith. Our biggest comeback came by benching Harden vs. the Clippers. He has shown glimpses of that carelessness with the ball, erratic passing, and bad shot selection late in games with little effort to hustle and recovery, but thankfully it's been the exception and not the norm. It is my hope in the playoffs we see more "good" James and less frustrated/apathetic James.

Dopamine likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Just report him. Justice will be served

Reeko likes this.
  11. Dr. Morbid

Dr. Morbid Member

My stats vs FIRST ROUND EXIT!!!!111 lol nice IQ, bruh)

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't think TMac ever reached his potential, possibly because of his back, but mostly because of lack of commitment to a serious work ethic. He was other-worldly talented. Never had a great supporting cast except Yao. Didn't play defense. Harden is very skilled as well and has had similar problems in maturity. I stopped posting two years ago because Harden was out partying during the playoffs. I thought, if he is not fully committed, why should I be. I have seen some maturity this season. Neither were great shooters, but got their stats through volume. Harden is clearly more durable and has a wider range of skills. Harden will be better at the end of his career; he will have accomplished more, hopefully. No doubt, both are exceptional players.

RocketWalta, DonKnock and daywalker02 like this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mcgrady has the the highest number of playoffs games played PER second round absence.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seems to be redundant though.:cool:

Title should be : Tmac plays a more aesthetically pleasing way but Harden is more effective in the regular season.

Tmac plays on another level in the first rounds of the playoffs.

So he might be better in the first rounds of playoffs.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tmac was clearly the more flashy, explosive player. Harden will age better for sure.

Harden is exploiting the game on the Offense side much better than anybody, even Lebron.

Although I think his style of basketball is more than annoying.

Dribbling dribbling down the clock (like Francis), getting his pockets picked in late situations, chucking 3s, and probably in the playoffs when he won't get as many calls.

I like his occasional blocks and his postup game on guards.

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

How did Abdul-Rauf play in that series?

17. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Are you talking about the trash that never gotten out of the first round? Ohh, ok.

18. riko

riko Member

LOL THE STUPIDITY THAT REEKS OFF THIS GARBAGE POST

19. Asian Sensation

If it weren't for Jsmoove and the Mavs imploding Harden could have a lot in common with Tmac in terms of playoffs success as a Rocket.

2013 lost to OKC first round

2014 lost to Portland first round. Got shut down and flustered by Wes Matthews on numerous occasions. Clearly frustrated he calls reporter a weirdo post game.

2015 had an MVP worthy regular season. In round 1 he did very little and overall played shitty against Mavs. Luckily they lost Parsons, had the Rondo implosion and Jsmoove looked like the second coming of Magic Johnson.

Round 2 had 4 pathetic games against the Clippers and was sitting on the bench in game 6 when we were down big in the 4th with minutes away from elimination until the miracle.

2016 lost to Warriors.

2017 better supporting cast, system, head coach, record and an extra chip on shoulder for not winning MVP. We better beat OKC and James better have a lot to do with it.

Dopamine and daywalker02 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I remember the Houston Rockets and Tmac only needed one rebound at the crucial Game 7 against Utah.

Dopamine and Asian Sensation like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.