1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your favorite Rocket moment?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I was lucky enough to be there as well, and I remember Richard Lewis putting on a wig and leaving the stadium, Spike Lee standing in shock, and Bob Costas looking like he had swallowed a bug. Easily the greatest memory of my childhood as a Rockets fan!

Richie_Rich and macho GRANDE like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Fantasma Negro

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Moment like 1 single moment, I would say Kiss of Death and Dream's game winning, "do or die" championship series-extending block on Starks. I'm old. I was 14. Very vivid memories.

Moment like performance in a game: Maxwell's 2nd half when we looked lifeless Game 3 against the Suns in 1994. The series where Choke City became Clutch City.

Moment like performance in a series: Dream against Admiral. 2nd up, Dream against Shaq in the 1995 Finals. great now I want Taco Bell.

2nd tier moments, i.e. not championship moments: 13 in 33. The Round 2 comeback against the clippers, 22 game win streak.

BleedsRocketRed and durvasa like this.
  5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Too young to remember the championship years, so definitely game 6 against the clippers, and then game 7 to close it out.

6. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is hilarious.

7. Raider17

Raider17 Member

I was also too young for the championship years, but game 6 vs clips is something I will never forget. The 22 game win streak is also another bright moment that brought the city together[​IMG]

cheke64 likes this.
  8. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

9. rockets13champs

13 in 35 or game 6 comeback

winning 1st round game 6 vs Blazers in 2009: Ron Artest goes into stands again and drinks a sip of beer.

joshuaao and RedNation like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

There's really no telling it, whenever I try to pick and to choose amongst the dearest moments they suddenly all seem so glorious to me that i feel it would be a travesty to prefer any of them over the others...

11. Mr. Motiejunas

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Ralph's shot was the greatest. The final second of the greatest Rockets game ever. And look who they beat. The defending champions featuring Magic and company. It doesn't get any better than that. Yet.

#33 Newlin, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Plowman likes this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

15. mightybosstone

I was just a kid when it happened, but I don't know that I'll ever forget the Kiss of Death.

In terms of my favorite moments as a young adult up to now, my list would look something like:
    1. Game 6 comeback against the Clippers
    2. 2007-08 series against the Lakers
    3. 22-game win streak
    4. 13 points in 35 seconds
    5. So many Harden moments that it's hard to pick one (numerous picks from this season)

16. BleedsRocketRed

Anything from the 1995 playoff run. 1994 was special, but for some reason 1995 is more memorable to me. Probably because of the adversety from the season, and all the special moments from each series. Down 2-1 to Utah (5 game series back then), 3-1 comeback against the Suns (Elies kiss of death), Hakeem vs. Robinson in the WCF. Sweeping the Magic in the Finals. Zero home court advantage. Clydes flu game, Horrys monster WCF/NBA Finals series, Hakeem cementing his legacy as one of the GOATS, "Who is Chucky Brown?" ...on and on...

One of the most underrated championship runs in NBA history.

17. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

Robert Horry's rookie year. Game was at home vs Jordan and the Bulls. Robert Horry with a goal tending - double dunk

18. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Honourable mention for Harden's first game as a Rocket, dropped 37/12 on Detroit and announced his arrival. Still writing history.

joshuaao likes this.
  19. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Wasn't old enough to remember the Olajuwon years.

My favorite memory would have to be the comeback in Game 6 vs. the Clippers. I'm sure I shed a few tears watching highlights of it the next day.

Makes me miss Brewer and Smith before their decline :(

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Yao being in the tunnel.
    Battier bleeding eyes against Kobe.
    Josh Smith gm 6