1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's own words after the game on his BBS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by olliez, Nov 2, 2003.

Tags:
  1. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

All right guys, seeing how agitated we Rockets fans felt after the game, I went over Yao's own BBS & dug out this piece of post.

Yao posted in one of the threads: "Rockets were exposed again !"

He says:

"I feel SH1tty. Please don't judge our whole team based on one team. Competition is a game. Every game has its own playing style. The most important thing is keep the game in your own style and rhythm. Today we failed both."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ÒÑ×¢²á:°ËÔÂ, 2003

Ö÷Ìâ: ´ð¸´: »ð¼ýµÄ벡ÖÕÓÚÔٴα©Â¶ÁË£¡ 2003-11-2 ÏÂÎç1:19

ÐÄÇé³ÁÖØ¡£¾ÍÇë´ó¼Ò²»ÒªÄÃÒ»³¡ÇòÀ´ÆÀ¼ÛÕû¸öÇò¶ÓµÄˮƽ¡£±ÈÈü¾ÍÊÇÒ»¸öÓÎÏ·£¬Ã¿¸öÇò¶Ó¶¼ÓÐËû×Ô¼ºµÄ´òÇò·½Ê½£¬ÔÚ±ÈÈüÖÐ×îÖØÒªµÄ¾ÍÊǰѱÈÈü¿ØÖÆÔÚ×Ô¼ºµÄ´òÇò·½Ê½ºÍ½Ú×àÖС£½ñÌìÎÒÃÇÕâÁ½µã¶¼ÊDz»ºÜºÃ¡£
    IP:*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

See there! He out-and-out BLAMED the guards!!

Let's all draw crayon pictures of Steve Francis and spit on them!

:cool:

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Exactly!

4. NClady

NClady Contributing Member

I think here is better translation. by sinobball.

Yao Ming 2003-11-1 1:19am
    I'm feeling very grave right now. I ask everyone not to judge our whole team's strength just based on one game. Playing in a competition is also a game, every team has its own playing style. What's most important in a game is to control the game under our own playing style and tempo. Today we did poorly on both of these.

5. SLA

SLA Member

Yup. Thanks for sharing...it's just one game.

We are still tied with the Suns and Grizzlies.

Hornets are leading the NBA! :eek:

Do you have a link?

6. NClady

NClady Contributing Member

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

this is all I see.

°¥£¡ÎÒÃǵÄÒ¦Ã÷¿ÉÕæ¹»¿ÉÁ¯µÄ£¬Óöµ½ÁËÒ»¸öÕâô¶ÀµÄÀÃÇò¶Ó£»ÎÒ¿´¼ûÒ¦¹Â¶ÀµÄÑÛÉñÎÒµÄÐĺÃÄѹý£»Èç¹ûÄÇÅÂÊÇÉÔ΢ÓÐÒ»¸öÄܺÍÒ¦ÅäºÏµÄÈËÒ²ºÃѽ£»Ò¦»ù±¾ÉÏÈ«¿¿×Ô¼ºµÄÄÜÁ¦Ó²¿¹£»ÃÀ¹úÈËÌ«×Ô˽£¡

8. RoxBigFan

RoxBigFan Contributing Member

Have been reading reports in chinese media. I could definitely sense the locker room problem, which is like office politics. Obviously SF is NOT willing to accept JVG's vision for the team. I rarely see SF and Yao doing high five on the court now. I guess the reason is that SF feels Yao's threat to take over the team. And other guys on the team are waiting to see who is gonna win the battle between SF and JVG before they would follow JVG's order to pass to Yao.

Before the injured Eric and A. Griffin return to the court, JVG does NOT have much leverage to battle SF since he could not just bench those SF's long time friends on the team.

According to Yao's comment to chinese media, Yao was once bumped by Cato and lost balance for the rebound which went to Cato. Yao was very angry.

From my own observation watching the game, Mo. Taylor seems never pass to anybody just like Eddie Griffin did before. Brick after brick.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

In the Denver game, I definitely saw Mo Taylor looking to pass to the open man twice - the only open man was Boki - and Mo decided not to pass (and forced and bricked a shot instead, at least once out of the two times). It was absolutely obvious that he checked who the person was and made a decision to pass or not to pass based on who he saw there. I think that is pretty bad.

10. RoxBigFan

Are you saying he does NOT pass to open man? I guess we are talking about the same thing. It does NOT matter if he looked or not, he did NOT pass, period.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What I am saying is that my impression was that he would have passed if it had been someone else. I do not know who he would have passed to or who his buddies are to whom he passes, but I think one should pass to the open man no matter if it is one of your buddies on the team or not.

12. daNasty

daNasty Member

Interesting post RoxBigFan. Like I thought all along, Yao can rebound but he will not fight over his own player(s) to steal a rebound from them. If it's true Yao was pissed with Cato pushing him aside for a rebound, it's natural that Yao still being too nice on the court. I don't think JVG put his foot down YET and demand that Yao is the first option. It's going to be interesting to see the outcome and let see who will come out on top.

13. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

It is defintely a big problem in the room. I am not surprised Cato did that intentionally if France is not seeing eye-to-eye with Yao. Cato received hi-fi pass from France all the time and that is a stamp of their relationship. It was obvious last night, they were not playing like a team.

:( :( :(

14. oliver_67

oliver_67 Member

There is indeed problems within the team:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/s/2003-11-03/013388727s.shtml

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2003-11-03/0130641945.shtml

http://yaoming.newclub.sohu.com/thr...ock=false&unarchive=false&tstart=-1&trange=-1

The issues between Yao and Cato; between Yao and SF. The second article predicts that the problem between Yao and SF, the issue about who is the man of team, will eventually cause the Rockets a ticket to the playoff.

It also mentioned that SF is not happy and is worried that Yao wants to be the man, and the whole team does not dare to pass Yao the ball unless they are sure of the winner between JVG and SF. Reading through the article, it seems that Yao is not sure whether he can have such a breakout season as he previously expected mainly because of the lack of touches.

15. dwang8

dwang8 Member

¹Û¿´×òÌìµÄ±ÈÈüºó£¬ÒªÃüµÃ²»µ½Çò£¬Ò»·½ÃæÊǺóÎÀ²»´«Çò£¨ÎÒÈÏΪ²»ÊDz»»á´«Çò£©£¬µ«ÁíÒ»·½ÃæÊÇÒªÃüµÄ°ÔÆø²»¹»£¬ÒªÃüÓоãÀÖ²¿ºÍ½ÌÁ·µÄÖ§³Ö£¬ÓÐÕ½ÊõµÄÖ§³Ö£¬Ò²ÓÐÓßÂÛµÄÖ§³Ö£¬¼´Ê¹²»µ±Ê²Ã´¸üÒÂÊÒµÄÀÏ´ó£¬Ò²Òª³¢ÊÔÈ¥µ±Çò³¡µÄÀϴ󣬸ÃËÀµÄÖйúʽÖÐÓ¹¡£³ä·ÖÀûÓÃÕâЩÓÅÊÆ£¬´òÇòÓ²ÀÊһЩ£¬¸ÃÒªÇòµÄʱºò´óÉùº°³öÀ´£¬ÒªÃü£¬·ÅÏÂÄÇЩ²»±ØÒªµÄ¸ºµ££¬Ñ§Ò»Ñ§½ñÄêµÄÁ½´óÐÂÐ㣬ËûÃÇÄÜ×öµ½µÄ£¬ÄãÒ²ÄÜ¡£ÎÒÃÇ»¹ÊÇ°Ù·Ö°ÙÖ§³ÖÄ㣬³å°É¡£

I found this on the sina board, I agree with this poster. Someone who have time could translate it.

16. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I thought the exact phrase.:)

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Their problems are going to cause them to get into the playoffs? Awesome!

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes, agreed, who would understand the Rockets internal team dynamics any better than a bunch of Chinese sportswriters stting around Shanghai?

19. codell

codell Contributing Member

I wonder if this is the same Chinese media that overreacted about Yao's health problems during the summer. ;)

20. RoxBigFan

Actually they are stationed in Houston and talk to Yao all the time.