1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 3/16/2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Mar 16, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

how do you feel about that?

2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Feels like

[​IMG]

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Clippers are the best matchup for us

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Honestly? Hard to say. Without giving it a ton of thought, my initial reaction is:

UTAH > LAC/OKC
    LAC = OKC
    LAC/OKC > MEM

I do not see OKC as the pushover many think. They matchup very badly for us, despite less talent overall. The Clippers are the exact opposite, as I feel they have similar talent, but don't matchup especially well with us, but still obviously provide some problems in areas.

I honestly don't think we have a "good" matchup, outside of Memphis. We should be favored in any series, but UTAH/LAC/OKC all present issues that worry me.

vtjsr2, Yaosthirdleg and DreamShook like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

LAC has now played the most Away games in the league. We shall see how good RW/HL standings are versus W/L. LAC still has a good lead on OKC, better than the W/L games behind show.

OKC has a 7 home and 7 away schedule left vs Clippers 9 home and 4 away. And OKC has a horrible Away record.

I'm surprised they rested Griffin and Jordan against Denver, but guess it makes sense, since it's so hard to win in b2b in Denver.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm sure the Clips will still have the 14-15 playoffs embarrassment on their minds if they went against us. That extra motivation to return the favor would be scary.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

8. BackdoorHarden

NOPE.

I was watching what ESPN told me to watch, WestBrook Triple Double watch.

Didn't even know there were other NBA players other than Westbrook, according to ESPN.

9. Fantasma Negro

Yeah I watched it, Mike Conley is earning his paycheck. Hawks tried to make a comeback in the fourth, Conley, Allen and Gasol shut that **** down. Jizzlies are a sf away lol

#49 Fantasma Negro, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    don grahamleone likes this.
  10. krouchchocolate

I think I rather face okc than clippers.

11. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

I would much rather face the Clippers than OKC. That team is running on fumes.

12. Fantasma Negro

I'm not trippin about nobody, I was worried about the length of Utah that team folds when faced with aggression. I'm not scared of ****, whoever want it can come get some

Rocket River and vtjsr2 like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

OKC surging. LAC fading.

Craptors looked awful vs OKC.
    Glad the Cavs held on to beat Utah.

Folks, OKC is getting better. Westbrook is dialing it back and getting his teammates involved (ala Harden). Despite media narrative, OKC does have a good supporting cast. Olidipo, Adams, Taj now in the starting lineup, Kanter etc. Look at the numbers since OKC's recent losing streak when Westbrook tried to do everything. They put Taj in the starting lineup and RW starting passing more.

As for the Clippers, look at this from Redick! Brutal!!!

heypartner likes this.
  14. boiler

boiler Member

That recent losing streak had a lot to do with Oladipo's injury. He is the second best player for OKC. Without him their offense suffers a lot.