1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blame Yao for the Loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OmegaSupreme, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Just B

Just B Member

Yep, this is gonna be one interesting thread!:p

2. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Yao should leave this team once his rookie contract runs out and go to a team that will give him the ball. Pathetic! Blame Steve Francis for this loss.:mad:

3. fietguy

fietguy Member

yo, tell me who gave decent passes to yao in the paint...i can only thinnk of francis and jackson did it once...

moochie can't even pass to the post, he makes friggin lazy azz passes

cutino freezes yao out....

did you see mooch alley to francis and it was like over the scoreboard...i thought guards are supposed know how to pass...

cutino made two horrible passes to yao, one he threw it up like 12 feet in the air and made yao go out of bounds just to touch it..
    another play yao rolled but he passed it too late...cutino can't make decent passes either...

i like motay effort tonite, but man, nothing went in for him....

4. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

i saw the final minutes of the game and yao put us 4 pts back then steve made a tunover and them moochie star a drible lesson starring moochie as himself. and cut the fast brake points jumpers

buuuuuuuuuuuu to much tunovers :( i was thinking 20-0
    after that game vs. den

5. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

feel free to hit a jumper and feel free to get a decent pass into Yao!!!! Yao needs to assert himself more, but man...if we are not hitting jumpers teams are going to cut him off and dare us to score from the perimeter and we better be ready....right now we are not...Pike will help us

6. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Go away troll. Do you even know anything about basketball??

7. choujie

choujie Member

Yao's life will never be easy when his teammates shoot 2 of 14(14.3%) from 3 point line and 17 of 15(30.9%) overall.

8. sweetie

sweetie Member

geez Im getting tired of having to expose the truth.

CATO : will not be a good pf. Hay,you can say "well we beat denver and kings" . Yeah that was against Camby,Miller. Thats why. Against the athletic pfs like swift,kg,amare,brand,dirk cato is not only going to get killed but also get ming in foul trouble.

Taylor: sucks. Cant rebound,cant play defense. When Carmelo is outrebounding our pf Taylor then thats a problem. Taylor also cant jump. He is WIDE open many times under the basket and all he can do is a soft toss up that 99% of the time gets blocked.

Moochie: shouldnt even be on the active roster. This alone will cost us close wins because his 15 minutes on the court the offense comes to a complete halt.

boki: be honest guys. If Boki was Morris and played like this you would be beggin for him to be cut. The reason boki isnt cut is because he has smarts. Not bball smarts,but smarts as in he knows if he cuddles up to ming on the bench and be buddy buddies with Ming and enrolls his little brother at UH then boki wont be tossed out of town like the better player Morris was.

Jackson: if his shot comes around like last year then he should start at sg,with mobley being traded for a sf. But to late. Mobleys trade value is the lowest it has ever been and Jackson for some reason cant shoot anymore like he has in the last 5 years.

Ming: needs to learn to take punishment,When your 7'6 320lb center is flopping after someone lightly touches his arms then we have a problem. He needs to learn that in order to get the shot to go in plus the "and one" foul call he needs to LOVE contact,not avoid contact. I wouldnt call him a sissy yet but its getting there. He needs to MOVE his feet for rebounds not just flap his alligator arms at them. He also has a bad habit of when he shoots,he watches the shot and if he misses all he does is slap his hands together in disgust. He needs to immediately charge the basket for the offensive putback as soon as he shoots. He also was bending over tired just after the first 2 plays of the game. How does he practice 2 hours yet gets tired this fast? Very alarming. The great ones never get that tired that fast. If we were in the finals lets say,he should play 45 mpg and I dont think he will ever be physically capable to do so. Its him being 7'6 is why he is tired,not the offseason program.

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

fatman, it sounds funny with you saying that. we could have only dreamed of that kind of production last year, but since everybody wants him to have more touches and everybody wants him to be the focal point of the offense, then he has to show that he's ready for that type of pressure... which he isn't. if he's making his teammates work harder than he's working himself (i know it's easy for me to say this), then why put forth the effort and the time on the shot clock to TRY to make it work. that's how the f'ing annoying dribbling down the shotclock crap gets started... and possibly the reason for some of those turnovers that you mentioned, montgo. yes, turnovers were a problem also, but it could have been one of those games where people say, "they won the game, but didn't deserve it".

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

meant "missed three pointers" instead of turnovers.

11. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

http://www.clutchfans.net/index.cfm

After a big win against Denver, the Rockets took a step back Saturday, falling 79-71 to the visiting Grizzlies. Yao Ming had a strong game, but Memphis was ready with a pressure defense that kept the ball out of the big man's hands, and the rest of the Rockets couldn't do a thing with it.

This thread should be locked by Clutch. What is the logic of blaming your best player on the court by far? It simply sounds like a team of scholars getting 90-50-10-10-0; and you are blaming the one who gets only 90 marks and happy with the rest of the crew who get 0 to 50 marks.

:D :D :D

12. Olajumus Prime

Grizzles beat their A$$

man, Yao is not the reason the rockets lost that game, they came out flat again........playing tit for tat with the Grizzlies, that is why the Rockets are not in the top 5 in the West, they are in the lower tier, and will remain there, until they can come out and put teams like the Grizzlies away........Granted the Grizzlies are much improved.......The ROckets I think are still a better team, they let the Grizzlies believe they could stay in the game, and keep it close........it bit them in the ass........

oh yeah I almost forgot, we still have Mooch........and he still SUCKS..........

lame..........

happy halloween BEEEEOTCHES

13. sweetie

sweetie Member

Your the troll . Your the one suggesting Ming to leave. It doesnt get any worst trolling than that. Just admit it, your a yao only fan,just admit it. You think he can do no wrong and will never admit so. Francis is an allstar. Try blaming Mings buddy boy Boki for once since he sucks worst than any player I have ever seen. Ming needs to quit being friends with such sucky players.

14. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

And we lost J Posey to Grizzlies.

:D

15. Olajumus Prime

good point.....it looks like J. Posey will be one of many "Rocket Killers".........man, I would have loved to resigned that dude.......he doesnt do much, besides hustle, and play great defense, and get inside the other scorer's head........oh and he also rebounds, and occassionally knock down an "icer"........but thats nothing the rockets dont already have.......

whoooooo hoooooooooo

1-1 baby

16. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Haha I don't even need to respond to this since you just showed your intelligience with that quote. So Yao can't be friends with people you deem to be sucky basketball players huh? I guess anybody who you deem to be a sucky basketball player shouldn't have any friends then huh?

17. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Okay, Yao sucks, and every one of his friends suck, too.:mad:

--daoshi

18. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

In fact, I thought we might have come back when Yao missed the final FT and Steve got the offensive rebound. Too bad he got the offensive foul as well. That summed up the whole game with TO, missed shots and selfish plays.

:( :( :(

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I really can't tell who's serious (and thus stupid) and who's sarcastic. Everybody is talking with a straight face. :confused:

Man, you guys are really good. :eek:

20. shady1

shady1 Contributing Member

you obviously did not watch the game I watched tonight. the rox could barely even get the ball UPCOURT in the second half, much less get it down to yao!