1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AJ Bouye signs 5-year, $67M deal with Jaguars

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Oct 30, 2016.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So now these clowns are going to lose out on Bouye?

texans1095 likes this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm concerned that KJ is always going to be an injury problem..he's generally undersized at his position.

I don't like our corners outside of KJ. Kareem and J-Jo have lost too much athleticism.

This reminds me a bit of the Glover Quin situation, which I thought was a huge loss at the time. Now you need to draft another DB, using up another draft pick.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dam I forgot about Kevin Johnson.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Cause Bouye made you forget about him ;)

LonghornFan likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Huge loss. This one's going to hurt!

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Kevin Johnson does not have AJ Bouye upside.

AJ Bouye had elite hand usage. Yes, I know he got targeted a lot for PIs because of his hands, but the flip side of that is he broke up a ton of plays with his hands. Particularly on the 3rd downs where it wasn't about the other guy getting separation, AJ had a great gift for just being there and knocking the ball away.

Our "CB Depth" now consists of the most reliable guy (Kareem) being a guy that the team has moved around because he gets burned too much, a guy who is hurt A LOT (JJO) and a guy who has come off some serious injuries already and was already talked about being a slot guy (KJ)

MadMax likes this.
  9. SuraGotMadHops

This is where Brock's guaranteed salary for 2017 hurts the team.

mario_v likes this.
  10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

it depends if the Texans wanted to pay him what he wanted. If they didn't want to give him his asking price, Brock's contract would not have mattered. Sounds like Bouye is getting paid, good for him.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well guess we can look for that fossil Tony Bloom to come to Houston since the news has been talking about it all morning. The Texans are an offensive scrap heap.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Tony Bloooooooom!

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He goes to Jags or t*** then it's personal, fack him!

Houstunna likes this.
  14. makman

makman Member

Imo you let him walk without a question especially if you're in the Romo market. $13 mill is star money, keep in mind JJ makes 14.5. Is Bouye really one of the best players on the team, or even at his position? 1 good year in an excellent defense and scheme doesn't warrant that. Teams throwing large amounts at free agents rarely pans out. Wasn't too long ago we chose not to throw money at Nnamdi and got Jonathan Joseph at half the price, and we know how it worked out.

15. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I think Bouye is more than a one year wonder though. If you really watched him over the past couple years I think it becomes quite obvious that he steadily improved each year and finally took the next step into the top tier of CB's this past season. I think you could even make a case that Bouye still has room for likely improvement moving ahead the next couple of years.

Houstunna and LonghornFan like this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Who the hell are they waiting on to slap the franchise tag on? Can someone please tell me if they put it on Bouye this year, could they not place it on say Clowney next year?

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No more Demps to back up the corners. Just signed with da Bears.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Franchise tag deadline passed.

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Can someone educate me on franchise tag? Like if we tagged him it would be an average of the top 5 at that position which would be up there in the low teens anyways, how is that better? Or does that not come off the cap?

EDIT: I know the deadline has passed, just wondering about how it works anyways.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

if we franchise tagged him, I think it would prevent us from chasing a FA like Romo because the money is tied up