1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Antoni needs to start trusting Capela more...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

How is he going to be ready when he's never get the chance to even play in the clutch....He's 2x better as a finisher and rebounder than NeNe come on!!!

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Add Dekker to the list . The dude has been cold from outside but when he's playing well he makes great glue plays .

His mins have gone down since the Lou will trade and I feel that Lou should only take from bev, Gordon, harden, and Ariza .

Give this dude more PT , I know he's a rookie , but he's got to keep developing so that he's not a liability in the playoffs . I think he can be an asset with his athleticism especially if he gets hot .

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

It's simple with Dekker. Dekker perimeter shot needs to get a lot better to warrant him more consistent minutes. Dude gets more wide open perimeter shots than anybody on the court named Ariza but he shoots them at such a bad clip. Without looking at the stats, I would have to guess he's close to 30% three point shooting and that ain't goin cut it with this offense

Pen15clubber and newAge_Rockets like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Our 2nd unit needs Clint to clean up on D (no Bev/Ariza on the floor), but our starting unit desperately needs him as well, we need 48 minutes of Capela at center.

Playing Nene/Anderson/Harrell at center is simply a formula to loose. They can't rebound or defend at that position well enough, but currently we have no other choice when Capela sits. Need a backup center that fits our needs if we want to win.

5. fattz

fattz Member

One would / should think Capela's role would grow with his positive development, the roster and season the way it is. He's been passing the eye test on most nights of late, but COACH knows best. (I really think this is true) I don't understand his minutes for his career under other coaches, too. There's a piece that seems to be missing with him. If not please play him.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm fine playing Nene over Capella, but not last night. Capella was clearly the best choice last night.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Capela was dead tired last night, take a beating in the paint tires you out. However, Mike D prefers vets over the younger guys, but he needs Clints rebounding and rim protection. Spurs were killing us on the boards.

YaoMing#1 and DonKnock like this.
  8. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

Capela has shown measurable improvement every year. He has proven to be coachable. I have seen moments of aggression at times, he needs more of that. If they try hack-a-Capela he makes them pay. I am suprized we have kept him long enough to develop, I like him. I hope stays a Rocket.

9. makman

makman Member

I really wanted to see Montrezl in there over Nene. I know he's undersized compared to the Spurs bigs, but we needed his energy on the second unit. They didn't have an answer for the pick n roll and I think he runs it best with Harden.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Antonio D'Antonio prefers Nene's defense.

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Dekker is probably about to play a lot more if Anderson misses any sort of time with this back tightness.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Capela was gassed and D'antoni knew it. It wasn't a trust issue...

Pen15clubber, ipaman and YaoMing#1 like this.
  13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Capela was dog tired plus MDA wants nene in the closing minutes. (Nothing wrong with that he's a vet and been solid this year down the stretch in close games)

Capela played LMA really well imo. His defense was solid and he grabbed some big rebounds when we need them.

He's still young and developing and we have to keep that in mind. When he's really hits his stride and figures it out he'll be rally really good.

14. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Houston should try to think how to play without mistake in 4th,quarter, they always loss vs spurs. They should make a combination of defensive team in last quarter