1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is like that big fat horse

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Htowngenius

Htowngenius Member

who busts out of the gate so fast. Hes chugging along. You've got your money on him cause the odds were so great. He's rounding the corner to the last half mile but you can see he's not gonna make it. A thoroughbred who's been sitting in the back of the pack is starting to emerge. So much more fit and conditioned for the full 1 1/4 miles. James is huffing and puffing but we all know how it's gonna turn out.

Like I've said in all my posts kawhi was the comptetition and was gonna run lard butt down the whole time.

2. Htowngenius

Htowngenius Member

Sorry I'm just pissed had money on James at 20-1

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Soooooooo, you knew Kawhi was gonna run him down the whole time and bet on him anyway? Odd choice.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Everyone is getting so knee-jerk and pessimistic in order to protect themselves from being vulnerable to another let down.

We lost a close game to a good team on the road. This game was meaningless for us in the standings.

Chill. The GARM is so emotional after let down losses

5. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I call knee jerk

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

If the rockets are hurting your feelings so much than dont text back.

Acting all butthurt and like ****boys

rocketman84 likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

James Harden needs to have a serious talk with his horse jockey

RasaqBoi and KlutchQT like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Thinly veiled "Harden needs his own branded glue" thread.

BigM likes this.
  9. djimi

djimi Member

Not such a genius after all with thread like this...

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Horses eat Lettuce.

11. MadRocketsGamer

damn half the board on this site hates harden.. wow

12. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

The board knows I'm always critical of Harden, but I have to say this is not his fault. The missed open 3's by Gordon/Ariza, Beverly attempting to drive and turn it over, poor coaching by Dantoni. A poster prior questioned Dantoni not continuing the effective Lou Williams pick and roll. Oh, then the poor decision by Nene not to pass the ball out. All in all, poor execution and bone head plays. Harden was the least to blame for this game. Another poster added the Morey interview stating that the Rockets should show it down and be methodical at the end of games. This is a perfect example when we were up by 6 late in the game. You know, I think we are all frustrated to lose in such a poor fashion.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden needs another star on the roster that can take over for stretches here and there throughout the game. Our role players are not consistent, and he has to create too much for himself and others. We need another guy that we can pencil in for at least 20 points each night...preferably at the SF spot in place of Ariza.

deb4rockets5 likes this.
  14. eman

eman Contributing Member

Our turnovers and defensive lapses are reducing our shiny offense to fool's gold. Harden's given us a lot, but he's playing out of position. I wish we had a real PG running the show-- and defending. Good defensive teams like the Spurs are resting while Harden walks up to half-court and pounds the ball for another 10+ seconds before doing something; then they're closing out our late-shot-clock 3s all too well. If our guys aren't knocking down contested 30-footers at the shot clock buzzer like their legs are fresh all game long, we're going to have to play much better D. I really, really hope MDa subs a bit more frequently, plays MonstaTrezz some at the 4 every game, and gets all our guys playing savage defense. We need extra possessions.

deb4rockets5 likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Bipolar people everywhere

Rockets Win - Harden schooled Kawhi. harden is the definite MVP. Rockets are real contenders. I don't fear any team in the playoffs, Bring them on.

Rockets Lose - Harden got schooled. Kawhi is the deserving MVP. Rockets are not there yet. Rockets are pretenders. One and out. Regular season only team.

Stormy1234 and eman like this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ricky Rubio?

J Sizzle likes this.
  17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Harden is like that big fat LAZY horse*

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

No thanks. New blood, please.

19. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

The fact that in the beginning of the second quarter no one from bench scored for the first 6-8 minutes and the only reason we didn't go scoreless was Bev was the big factor. He set them up to have the bench come in a balloon the score to 20-30 points ahead.

Your analogy is also is flawed. It would make more sense if you compared it to a relay. You have the starters start off burning the oppenent building a sizeable lead to give it off to the bench you instead of running just walked. That's the difference of the game.

deb4rockets5 likes this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

From what I saw and aside from the refs terrible officiating, Kawhi would have beat the Rockets 1-on-5 this game. Rockets could not stop what he was doing when it mattered.