1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there Any Poster Who Wants the Rockets to Lose More than @Downtown Sniper?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Feb 27, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's beyond hypocritical that a McGrady fan calls out James Harden knowing Rockets history.
    McGrady was much more of a diva than Harden. At least Harden stays healthy and helps his team advance.

Because when you pay MAX SALARY for your STAR, you expect more than 20 playoff games in 6 years.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I'm from Perth so it's a bit earlier, I still tend to watch after work though instead.

Every week I'm hoping theres a Friday night game on since Saturday mornings I've got nothing on.

I can totally understand the desperation in trying to get to a live game as another overseas fan. I've been watching the Rockets purely on screens all this time and reading Downtown Sniper's story was pretty awesome and should not be knocked!

Unfortunately I'm in no position to fly over to Houston due to being in a new business and my 3rd is just a newborn so it'll be years until I can get to Houston for a game.

Tha_Dude, Voice of Aus and DudeWah like this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

I know Kobe was not the nicest teammate, but according to Downtown Sniper, Kobe is in bold letters not a better leader than
    T-Mac.

As I recall, Kobe is significantly better as a leader.
    Only a MCGRADY fan would think this.

You can't win 2 NBA Finals MVPs and a NBA MVP if you don't have any leadership skills.

EVERY ROCKET FAN would have dumped T-mac for Kobe. Kobe and Yao would have been great.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

McGrady's body simply couldn't have handled the workload that Kobe put himself through.

Volume shooter, MJ knockoff, insufferable fanbase, but Kobe worked his ass off.

http://www.businessinsider.com/kobe-bryant-woke-up-at-4-am-to-practice-before-olympics-2013-3

Things like this are a degree of leading by example most people cannot even fathom :eek:

Tha_Dude and tinman like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Kobe always worked on his game, even not too proud to ask others to help him.
    Like Kobe asked HAKEEM OLAJUWON to help him.

I don't loathe him. I respect him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kobe-bryant-thanks-hakeem-olajuwon-after-final-game-in-houston/

Kobe Bryant thanks Hakeem Olajuwon after final game in Houston
    Kobe wants to make sure the young generations understand how great Hakeem was.

"Thank you. I watched Hakeem so much growing up -- so much of him. Then t be able to come out here and him being generous enough with his time and spend the entire day with him in his house working on footwork, going over every detail in the post. Sharing his knowledge with me. Hopefully this generation understands how great he was. Hopefully they go back and watch and appreciate his greatness. I just wanted to thank him."

Tha_Dude likes this.
  6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Hopefully adding a post game like Kobe did is something that Harden will take seriously, given Harden's noted Kobe fandom. Will be very beneficial to him later in his career as well as in the playoffs.

Tha_Dude and tinman like this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

Harden recognizes greatness

DonKnock likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Who says I dislike the newer posters?
    @DonKnock @Tha_Dude are better posters than the 2007er here

DonKnock likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

@tinman
    I guess tmac didn't contribute much as a whole, but u putting down a poster for liking tmac is kinda weird since u hate the man so much. One thing that is for certain and that Tmac played for our franchise, we don't have to love him, but acknowledge that he was a part of rockets history, not the better part but nonetheless. There is no true history, only things that occurred and things that didn't occurred.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Read his posts, you can search his post history on this topic.
    I'm not putting downtown down. I just called him a tracy mcgrady fan, which he admitted he was when he first joined.

Truth is not hate. Corey Brewer is not a good shooter. Is that hate? Or is that truth?

Tracy McGrady never led the Rockets to a playoff series victory or played more than 20 playoff games in 6 seasons. Hate? or truth?

11. dragonz

dragonz Member

This thread is Cyber-bullying at its finest, from the start (OP) to the finish (Tinman).

This kind discussion makes ClutchFans look bad as a community.

Jayzers_100 and DudeWah like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

According to him he has successfully outwitted me every time:rolleyes:, so who would be the one getting bullied in this scenario?o_O

tinman likes this.
  13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

There's DEVOUT. And there's OBSESSIVENESS. Similar elements but still DIFFERENT things. Devout is deep commitment. Obsessive / compulsion is pathologically constant unnerving behavior.

Tinman represents HIMSELF >>>> Much much more than he represents the Rockets. Tinman willingly senses the most EMOTIONALLY POLARIZING topics with the sole point of creating sh**storms out of them.

The Underachiever/Greatly Liked person is absolute Troll Gold. (Easy way to get reactions is to yank on EMOTIONAL heartstrings that binds/attaches people to a product. Showing the shortcomings about things people strongly like UPSETS them. And you get to rub the failures of BOTH the fan interest AND the fan THEMSELVES in their faces.) Tinman SH**S ON ROCKETS PLAYERS. And not only BASHING the players, its using it to CRUCIFY his OWN people.

Except there's something WRONG with that ....... Which is that there are NO RULES to what makes you a fan of something. And that actually is COMPLETELY POLAR OPPOSITE of the DonKnock standard of ONLY POSITIVELY SUPPORTING YOUR PEOPLE and TEAM NEVER BEING NEGATIVE about .... is it not?

- Criticizing a Rockets player gets you called out as terrible fan
    - Bashing multiple Rockets players gets another higher status. How does that work?

So by that measure, Tinman is THE WORST type of fan you can be, CRAPPING on his own team to crap on the team's fans too, and INSULT their INTELLIGENCE. DonKnock should be calling Tinman the worst offender of them all.

#93 Shroopy2, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeah, but lin is better than mergady right?

Obito likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Holy moly.

Brother, you have just short circuited both of their internal systems.

Expect a reply in 2-3 working days after they reboot their system and try to make it back from that beating.

Don't expect the reply to contain any intelligent conversation about the truthfulness of your post though.

Shroopy2 likes this.
  16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

yikes... you need a snickers buddy.

getbloodyred, Os Trigonum and tinman like this.
  17. bongman

bongman Member

Just had my regular medical check up and my dr asked how I got my blood pressure back to normal. Told him I started using the ignore option. :)

RiceRockets and SF3isBack!! like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

He needs a whole Halloween bag of snickers

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

I called the guy a McGrady fan
    And he insults me cause he knows I'm right

And I reposted his posts on Harden
    And how he thinks McGrady was better leader

That's like saying Benedict Arnold was better than George Washington

20. tinman

Supporting Member

You are not a bully.

There should be thread called
    Is there Any Poster Who Wants the Rockets to WIN More than @DonKnock ?

SF3isBack!! likes this.