1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE RYAN ANDERSON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Von Rafer, Feb 28, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty tired of seeing people single out the 4 spot like it gets destroyed night in and night out like people want to believe. anyone who thinks he just "smacks a few 3s" and thats all he does, doesn't really understand the full concept of what goes into the rockets system

2. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

WOW, we've totally forgotten Brewer already??? He hasn't been gone that long has he???

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Even Brewer was more capable of making layups than Ryno. And I love Ryno, no doubt, but my God...dude has to be shooting like 20% on shots within 5 feet this year.

4. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Let me get this straight. He scores 23 pts, grabs 7 rebs, 0 TOs, 6/11 from beyond the arc, all in only 30 mins.....we blow out a 2nd tier team in the west on their home floor throughout the entire game....and we are trashing the guy? GTFOH Clutchfans

nemac, swyyyguy, mathor and 7 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

finishing with 3 pts is also finishing.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

They're frustrated bc BG and DJ didn't destroy the bigs like they think happens night in and night out

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

He is a good asset, but it is not something you would build around. At 6'10, you should be able to get rebounds, or block some shot. I think he gets rebounds from standing there and gets blocked shots from players running into him. Once he can't shoot 3s, he is outta here. He will win some games in the playoffs for the Rockets, but his value is low to me compare to Beverley and our bench.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

He is good at what he does, no one brought him in here to rebound and finish at the rim. It is frustrating to see him blow layups but at the end of the day, he more than made up for the points.

You guys really underrate the opportunities a stretch 4 creates for our system....

mathor, YOLO and larsv8 like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Good ol' Clutchfans.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sorry, J Sizzle. Ryno's hitting 48.8% this season from 5 feet and under. Link

But I get you. It's frustrating to watch him in the paint. I was surprised that he's hitting half of those shots.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I hope he stays a Rocket for a long time.. Ryno is best big man shooter and intangibles in the league. **** all the haters.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I find that I've gotten less and less appreciative of Ryan Anderson as the season goes on. When his shot isn't falling, he is a negative in terms of numbers production.

BUT - people complaining about his salary aren't understanding that Morey brought him in as a 3 point shooter. That's it. We are paying him all of that money just to hit a few threes per game. Not saying I like it, just saying that he isn't going to become a rebounder or post player.

Finally, with the addition of Lou Williams, I do like having Anderson to space the floor even if he isn't hitting. Even if it isn't always obvious at first glance, keeping the defense honest is huge - can't let them sag off of any one player or efficiency is going down. And D'Antoni has been good (in my opinion) at giving other guys heavier rotation minutes when Anderson is cold.

mathor likes this.
  13. threepointshot3

He is by far the best stretch four in the league.

riko and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Revised statement: It FEELS like he's shooting 20% inside the paint.

But it also feels like he's shooting 55% from 3 so who cares haha

topfive likes this.
  15. Zergling

Zergling Member

I have grown to HATE Ryan Anderson at home and LOVE Ryan Anderson on the road

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If the Rockets get Blake Griffin in the off season. Then have Anderson, Williams, and Gordon come off the bench. Game freaking over. Hopefully with some improvement with Dekker (this being his rookie season practically) and Capela.

17. hahachui

hahachui Member

Ryno is the key of our system. If there is no stretch 4, our offence efficiency drops as a team.

People will miss him when he misses some games (I hope not...)

18. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Grumble grumble... RYAN ANDERSON... grumble... HATE... grumble...STURDY...grumble grumble...Oh wait, we won last night? Never mind. I like Ryan Anderson...until we lose again.

19. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Look Anderson is far from a perfect player, but I think you guys are seriously discounting the number of stretch 4's in the league. Guys that can only hit a corner 3 unguarded doesn't count. I'm talking true catch and shoot from all over the 3 point line. Guys that I can think of are Love, Porzingis and Green as comparable spacing guys that are better than Anderson. Then you have a handful of elite powerforwards we could make work with not quite the shooting ability like Griffin, Davis and Aldridge. Other than that there aren't too many other guys that can provide similar value to the team as Anderson and all of the mentioned guys are worth $20 mil+. Sure there are better bargains out there but lets not act like Anderson is useless.

mathor likes this.
  20. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Cool, he got hot. I never disputed his shooting ability, let's see what happens come playoffs. I do remember him missing a couple of tip ins as JR pointed out and got absolutely SAUCED by CP3. He had a good game and even hustled pretty well last night, I sure hope he keeps it up. Go Rockets

BigggReddd likes this.