1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impressed by Westbrook's Stats?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HTM, Dec 10, 2016.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I thought Harden had this on lock but now I think Westbrook has the edge. Harden recently has not played too well and with Lou Will Harden's stats will drop besides assists and he won't be playing as many minutes. Meanwhile, Westbrook is hellbent on putting up stats and his team is improved after the deadline.

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Harden will be robbed again... :(

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Controversy ripple effect?

This goes back to the year Curry won it the first time when Harden should have. Currys team had the better record... but Harden deserved it more solely due to the term most VALUABLE player, a la Dwight was gone 3243534634344 games and so forth, but as we know, Curry got it because his team had the better record.
    In retrospect, if Curry won it that year, Harden SHOULD win it this year and Westbrook can hope to try again next year. Stats shouldn't even be the deal breaker. Harden simply is the clear cut more valuable choice, because his team has the better record.

If Harden does not win it this year, the NBA is 100% rigged and riots will happen.
    Every ****ing year they indirectly change the rule of who should win MVP based on accommodating the more likeable player by the media. It's sickening. Our boy is in his 8th year and ballin lights out. Give that magical beard the ****ing award already.

#183 Mr. Dominant, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    split41 and BigMaloe like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. gah

gah Member

I don't know what the numbers are but I've seen Westbrook take that extra gear when winning time comes, Harden not as much. I remember Harden being at the top of 4th quarter scoring a couple of years ago, he always seemed to come in and end whatever nonsense went on. I miss that Harden.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Almost a quad-doub, just missing 2 TOs.

roslolian likes this.
  7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Westbrook has the lead....

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Anthony Davis, great #'s, does NOT win games
    Demarcus Cousins, great #'s, doesn't win
    Andrew Wiggins,
    Karl Towns, great #'s, doesn't win
    Kyrie Irving, great #'s, great guard like WB, without Lebron is BLOWN OUT by 20. Never won without Lebron
    Kevin Love, forgotten "stat padder" star who never won by himself

Russell Westbrook, WINS MORE games WHEN getting triple-double than the games he doesn't. Team overall has winning record

All the other guys mentioned rack up big time stats too, but their teams arent good even with 2 STARS on the team. THAT means ALL of them have unimpressive stats. Yet Westbrook's team iS decent. Honestly, Westbrook's #'s arent THAT hollow

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Westbrook is seventh in the West for goodness sake. SEVENTH!

Stormy1234 and roslolian like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

That's because OKC is actually a good team? Exchange Anthony Davis or KaT with Westbrick and OKC won't be just 7th seed, that's for sure.

So people are supposed to celebrate OKC winning more games than it loses when Westbrick gets a triple double than he loses? Wtf Houston doesn't even lose games when Harden blows up, ur team is supposed to overwhelmingly win when ur star blows up not sometimes win and sometimes lose.

OKC is a good team that is playing down to expectations and Westbrick is a large part of that, he has record breaking usage rate (has the ball ~42% of the time) but then he converts at a horrible rate. If Westbrick was extremely efficient with the ball like Harden is I would ok, he deserves to hog the ball because he scores so much. But Westbrick doesn't really do that, all his pts and assists come from shooting to much and generating all the offense of OKC. His triple double is artificial, if OKC really wanted to win at all costs there's no way Westbrick is getting all these touches.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

for goodness sake also still in grasp of the playoffs. STILL in grasp of the playoffs....Shocking :eek::eek::eek::confused::cool::rolleyes:

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Shroopy2

*delete*

#193 Shroopy2, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  14. Shroopy2

I only said Westbrook's stats are not THAT empty. I didnt say Westbrook is Legend bow down to the God

It could mean that his Meaningful Stats rating instead of a 2/10 its a 5-6, but doesn't mean its 8 & Up Incredible.

(Just adding, when I see mock-version of names used like "Westbrick", (or like the feminized forms like "She-Mac", or "Stephanie Curry", etc) ... I assume personal agendas, pure BIAS, no objectivity of any kind. Like or hate a player however anyone wants to, but I just wont take the opinion seriously honestly. )

Easy likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There should be an East MVP besides the West one.... Isaiah

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Part of me hopes he can avg a triple double. Just hope it's not empty stats

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate to borrow a Golden State narrative, but this isn't a good argument because the Rockets and Celtics are winning those games before the final three minutes. It's like the "Curry sits because the Warriors are winning by 30" argument from two seasons ago.

18. ths balla

ths balla Member

Team has to be within 5 when under 3 min to play, so Harden would be playing. But I would like to assists and how many games each team has in that situation.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

another 11 needed to tie 41

in remaining 20 games

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wow. Talk about picking and choosing your stats. This has all kinds of problems. Sample size issues, doesn't account for "points created" doesn't account for actually winning or losing those games, etc.

We all know Westbrook takes over whether he wins or loses.

Absolutely tired of the idea that Westbrook should get credit for taking all of the shots for his team. This is something we used to criticize players for. It was held against Kobe for years and Westbrook is less efficient than Kobe was and definitely wins less. Somehow Westbrook gets credit for playing with a talented team that he doesn't utilize and winning less than any MVP ever.