1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do all browsers suck?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Feb 27, 2017.

1. what

what Member

I've come to the conclusion that I hate every browser out right now. Browsers are taking the mantle from the harddrive as the new bottleneck.

I have been using edge, but it is so inconsistent, and chrome is getting worse by the day also. I don't know what it is, but my least favorite software right now are browsers.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The worst is Apple Safari on iPhone 4. The browser crashes on web pages so often I've gotten used to it reloading multiple times before I can actually finish reading the page. It's better on iPhone 5 (which mine is dead right now).

You have no idea what I want to do with my iPhone 4. I don't just want to kill it. That would be too easy. I want it to suffer a fate worse than Casey Affleck's character in "Manchester by the Sea".

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Just got a new work laptop.
    Tried Edge for a couple of days, but ultimately switched back to most recent Chrome, which is fine.

Even little things on Edge bothered me... for instance opening a new tab. I couldn't get into the address bar after opening a new tab without using the cursor. I even googled that one and couldn't find a solution.

4. what

what Member

On windows 10, chrome is terrible with the scroll wheel, that's mainly why I use edge. But even still, both browsers are terrible. They lag, bad. It might also be external factors like isp domain, the search engines, any number of issues.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Lol the iPhone 4 was released in 2010. Discontinued in 2013.

6. 713

713 Member

Don't judge me, I still use Firefox.

LonghornFan likes this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am more annoyed with web pages that are being served up nowadays, which load way too many resources. SBNation is the worst. I find the article I want to read and as I am clicking that link the last resource loads, the page moves and I end up clicking some random link.

Yung-T, HR Dept and Mathloom like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That still doesn't excuse that monstrosity of a browser it runs.

9. trustme

trustme Member

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Probably something to do with algorithms.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Team Firefox. Is there something wrong with liking it or something? I never got the memo.

12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

This is actually the main reason. Developers are trying to load way too much stuff on each page. Large images, streaming ads, plugins galore. As dynamic web pages become more and more popular, it puts strain on everything.

It is kind of like Jurassic park with web developers. They keep trying so hard on web pages on what they CAN do, they forget to ask if they SHOULD do it.

Yung-T likes this.
  13. BleedsRocketRed

I was part of the church of Firefox from 2003 to 2014. Over time it seemed as the experience got worse and with every update it just became more bloated and issue filed. The quick, simple resource lite browser became a heavy using plugin crashing bloated mess.

Been using Opera since and so far I like it. However I am not as impressed with it as I was with FF a decade ago.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I generally use chrome. It has the multiple instances problem but not too too bad
    FireFox. .. is meh

IE is unusable.
    I hate the facebook app cause of the shaky opening of websites.

I try to avoid the clickbait sites with nothing but ads and flash crap

Rocket River

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

What?

BTW, Chrome crashed when downloading Opera while I was reading this thread.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The problem isn't with the browsers, it's all the extra content + ads that's being packed into webpages.