1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Feb 23, 2017.

1. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Any other center can grab rebound and good shooter which can against the big? Morey can go to look for overseas player from CBA. Wilson chandler and micheal beasley play there before which are quite productive except our bobby brown. Or ask some center like shaq, yao, ben wallace, motumbo to play again

#361 elmotsangtt, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

And even if someone had seen them it doesn't mean that Sanders would be capable of being productive right now.

Too many people are banking on Sanders returning to the player he was before he quit. I doubt he would return to form this year, would take some time IMO.

I'm not saying Sanders isn't worth a flyer, but I don't expect much. It's a little late in the year to be banking on potential. Too many question marks for me.

Why not? and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  3. Chamillionaire

Great points all across. Really think at this point, you have to roll the dice. I'd think we have more confidence in Bogut, although injury prone, has been "playing" more than Sanders and IMO fits our team "basketball wise" to a T. Believe me, all 3 of our bigs are great. Love them all, except that we can't be giving up 37 22 like we did against KAT and think that doesn't need to be addressed if we are going after a championship. That is no interior defense nor rebounding.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Rox might be able to get both Sanders & Bogut. One thing is for certain: They need to Rebound and Defend better if they want to go all the way... (sprinkle some Harden fine tuning more careful with pastry turnovers)

Getting stops is what separates the Best from those who just trade buckets !

5. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

let's clone capella and feed the second one twice as much, so we could have a heavier defensive positional one and a lighter leapier alleyoopy one. both, of course would sing, but the latter would sing baratone.

6. riko

riko Member

Clint might be 6'11 but the homie plays like a pansy cause he cant rebound or boxout

BigggReddd likes this.
  7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

[​IMG]

RiceRockets, DonKnock and Tha_Dude like this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RiceRockets, DonKnock and Tha_Dude like this.
  10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I really, REALLY do not wan Bogut in Houston, even if he (at least on paper) is a perfect fit for some of our weaknesses.

He's just a complete dick, and there's a reason he can't find a steady job these days.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

What about if it meant a championship? Does that change anything for you? Also, his interviews would be in Australian so that's kind of cool too.

BigggReddd, Zacatecas and Tha_Dude like this.
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Nope. I have a pretty strict no dickbag policy in life.

People put sports on a pedestal that they do not deserve to be on... I love watching the Rockets win, but it's all but psychologically proven that pro sports have zero impact on our happiness, so why compromise your morals to support your team?

AceOfSpades and DonKnock like this.
  13. don grahamleone

Okay, then add to my previous statement that he's kind to grandmas and children every game.

Also, what did you think of Barkley when he was in Houston?

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I was a stupid little kid when he was in Houston, and in retrospect, we would have been way better off without him. Hell, we're still paying for the fact that he played for us to this day.

And I don't think you saw my edit, so I'll repost it here:

People put sports on a pedestal that they do not deserve to be on... I think I love watching the Rockets win, but it's all but psychologically proven that pro sports have zero impact on our happiness, so why compromise your morals to support your team?

I also am very doubtful that Bogut will take us any meaningful step closer to a championship to begin with. I remember I felt the same way about Dwight. He is a loser, and I never wanted him in Houston. Feeling pretty vindicated these days. As I said above, I think there is a reason Bogus keeps bouncing around despite being a decent player on paper.

He's garbage.

#374 SuperMarioBro, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

I'm in a great mood every time we win. I like winning. It's fun. Bogut doesn't rape, or beat people up, he's just an enforcer on the court. Something I've liked about players throughout the years. I just don't get the hate. He may be a jerk, but he's a jerk on the court... the place you want him to be a jerk. Off the court, I know of zero issues with Bogut.

16. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I can't speak Australian but I do know how to speak Golden State.

CK Johnson and don grahamleone like this.
  17. jayfree

jayfree Member

Most likely Nene and Bogut would alternate games on playing time. When Nene gets a day off Bogut would take over his minutes and visa versa. This would keep people in their same roles and fresh for the post season.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  18. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

GOAT movie.

19. don grahamleone

This is the real goat:

RiceRockets likes this.
  20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't think you understand science very well if you think the fact that you're in a good mood is counterevidence to my point. We enjoy wins when they happen, but after about five minutes, the dopamine from that win wears off, and we're really no happier than we would have been otherwise. Generally speaking.

And I didn't realize that being a rapist is all that qualifies as a negative character trait these days.. No, I don't want people to be jerks on or off the court. The guy tries to injure people. I don't buy into that "old school" mentality that you need a bruiser or whatever. It's just not true. There's no evidence for it. If anything, it just motivates the other team when you have someone playing dirty on our team. Maybe you could scare kids on the playground that way, but not professional athletes with refs who, especially these days, are going to penalize you for dirty play.

Hell, the way he played in Dallas last time could already be reason that guys in Houston wouldn't want him here.

DonKnock likes this.