1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Stephen Smith

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by London'sBurning, Oct 29, 2003.

Tags:
  1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Of all the sports commentators this guy is the most annoying in my book. He reminds me so much of a loud mouthed little brother that talks a lot of **** behind his big brother so he doesn't get his ass whooped.

2. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

for me, its dick vitale.. that freakin b*stard thinks college hoops is better than the nba.. "your a b*stard, baby!"

3. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Stephen A. Smith and Dick Vitale are the best as they come.

Best meaning in worse.

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

and his voice... AAAHHHHH, its like hes got a squirrel up his A*****

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

ESPN replaces Tim Hardaway with Stephen A. Smith. Nice :rolleyes:

6. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Does anyone find it annoying that they say his middle inital? It seems like he is going out of his way to keep people from confusing him with Steve Smith. I can imagine him saying: "Im not Steve Smith, I'm Steven A. Smith"

7. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

I was watching the Nets - Raptors game via League free pass and I think the Raptor's play by play guy had a cold or something because he sounded like Super Dave Osbourne. Half of the time I could not even hear him over the crowd. I don't think he should be fired for being sick, just wondering if anybody else was witness to that game.

8. tozai

tozai Member

At least Vitale is enthusiastic and not an arrogant prick. I don't like Smith very much.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is this the guy that is always yelling? I like him. Even though it sounds like he is going to a Malcolm X rally right afterwards, I like the way he has strong opinions.

10. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

I think with Stephen A. Smith, ESPN is just trying to copy the TNT formula of success by adding their own version of a controversial analyst (a la Sir Charles). Smith has built his whole career around being outspoken and opinionated. He was all over the airwaves doing interviews after the Rush-McNabb fiasco. One way to excel in an occupation is to differentiate yourself from the rest of the crowd. In Smith's case, the rest of the crowd is other reporters. He's successful with what he does, and I can't fault him for that.

11. AirNigeria

AirNigeria Contributing Member

Yeah I saw that game. I was thinking the same thing....Super Dave!...I was clownin' all night:D

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Stephen Smith has radio show that comes on at some time during the weekend, and the guy's ego is so ridiculously out of control it's a joke. The guy thinks he's the end all be all.

13. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

I agree, he is nerver racking. I guess the thing I dis-like the most about him is his typical "East Coast style Arrogance" i know its stereotyping but he really blows things out of proportion. Maybe its his delivery that makes me feel that way...

14. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

Also fire Steve Kerr TNT. He takes away from the Marv Albert , MIke Fratello dynamic. His jokes were lame, he's too uptight, and just boring. He aint no Gundy, thats for sure. That thing at the opening when Van Gundy was shaking hands and just looked at Fratello with disgust was hilarious.

15. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'll take someone who's actually played the game with experience and is actually level headed with his comments over a short guy that gets paid to be loud and obnoxious without really providing any real basketball knowledge other then having a loud mouthed opinion. Even Tim Hardaway who was annoying, I respected slightly more because he actually played the game and could speak from experience. This guy just makes me want to change the channel on the TV til the actualy game comes on.

16. Christopher

Christopher Member

There is a guy on Fox Sports News that I see every so often that really bugs me. He's a big white guy cant get it far enough up the Lakers. (Someone will know his name)

I cant for the life of me remember his name. I do remember him interviewing Shaq like they were long time buddies who hang out on weekends or something. :D

17. tozai

tozai Member

?

That stuff is so damn gay. I can't believe there were people who thought that it was funny. It got old a long, long time ago.

18. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

Jack Haley. I really hate that guy.:mad: He acts like Shaq's prison b@#ch everytime he interviews him.

19. Sniper25

Sniper25 Member

Stephen A. Smith seems like a guy who was beat up in school when he was a kid. Maybe thats why he is always shouting. He has a napoleaonic complex. But thats just my view point.