1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Burger King to Buy Popeyes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by zeeshan2, Feb 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Don't mess with the red beans and rice and the biscuits and we'll be fine.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't eat fried chicken much anymore, but would really only eat it at Popeyes when I used to eat it. But once I discovered Nashville hot chicken, I gave up on Popeye's. Now if I want really spicy (and I mean really spicy) fried chicken, Popeye's is never on the list. Not to mention, Popeye's is one of those places I used to crave, then I'd eat there and ask myself "why'd I eat that?" because half the time I'd feel barfy afterwards. lol.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

PopKing = Michael Jackson

Cajun Mustard is the best fast food sauce.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

Popeyes used to be my go to, but Church's has recently passed them by. Popeyes isn't what it used to be, and Church's has really stepped their game up. The pieces are enormous and juicy, the skin is crunchy AF, and it's spicy!

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I go to Popeyes for my colon cleanses because I'm barfy out my bum after I eat that. Always. Haven't been back for years. I wonder if anything's changed. Doubtful. I would choose KFC over Popeyes....and hope for the best afterwards.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i remember the days last decade ago when i'd buy popeye's every tuesdays(?) for that 35 cents a piece deal. or was it 37 cents? i'd buy like 8 pieces and only get around to eating 2 and be forced to throw the rest away the next day. damn good chicken back then tho

7. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Don't f**k this up BK. Popeyes is the only fast food chain I like.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

I like the spicy chicken sand, but they always told me I had to wait and extra 5-10 minutes for them to make it, so that sucked. Regardless, the Popeye storefront could certainly use an upgrade into the digital age. Why they bought it is the interesting question. Given that Cajun food is generally regarded as some of the best, Cajun restaurants still seem to struggle nationally for no apparent reason, but maybe is just placement and marketing, who knows, but I like the potential as it almost feels like true cajun food has not reached it's full potential. Of course, they probably need to expand the menu a little to true cajun to hit that appeal.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sounds like your sister worked at two very badly run fast food joints where things like this can happen. It is not the norm.

10. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

They havent served that spicy chicken sandwich in a few years now. I rarely go because of it.

11. Buck Turgidson

All I remember about Popeye's from back in the day:

Biscuits, red beans and rice, dirty rice were damn good.

If you had to eat greasy fast food fried chicken, that was the best.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.delish.com/food-news/a51704/popeyes-chicken-change-burger-king-merger/

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind this being true but I'd need at least 10 other people to confirm before entering a Church's chicken. They've always had good biscuits though.

Popeyes biscuit is the absolute peak.

14. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Last time I went in a Church's was about a year ago, and I didn't think their chicken was as good as Popeyes.

BigM likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd probably need 100 people to confirm before I'd step foot in Church's.

Pen15clubber and BigM like this.
  16. jsingles

jsingles Member

Truer words have never been spoken. That's an almost weekly meal.

I almost thought this was an older thread and I wrote that.

heypartner and LCAhmed like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

That few?

18. Asian Sensation

The key to enjoying Popeyes is to order the tenders instead of the bone in chicken. Why? The tenders are bomb and they don't give me exlplosive diarrhea. Also, the blackened ranch is the stuff.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

In addition to all the other accolades heaped upon Popeye's so far, I can't imagine a better fast food green beans option anywhere in the world.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

For me, KFC and Popeyes chicken is always "Most INTENSIVELY Craved / Underwhelming" food. For some reason how SATISFACTORY I imagine it to be and how it actually is are 2 different things. I get a Must-Have-Now craving for FRESH delicious chicken cuz it sounds SO GOOD now! I dont get sick, but after 1 piece its like...."This is good but isnt THAT fulfilling, is this actually always how it is in reality? These potato wedges actually hit the spot better" lol