1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron is impressive against Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yb001, Oct 30, 2003.

1. yb001

yb001 Member

He scored 25 pts with 12/20 fg, 6 rebounce and 9 assist. He definitely can shoot. He's no Kobe, he'll be better than Kobe.
    Heck, NBA is getting more fun to watch, I'm looking forward to a Magic/Bird type of rivaly between Yao and Lebron.

2. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I'm pretty sure you mean LeBron and Carmelo because there's no way in Hell Yao and LeBron will ever guard each other.

3. yb001

yb001 Member

No, I means Yao and Lebron. Yes, it's Yao and Lebron.
    You're right, Yao and Lebron will never guard each other but who care? They are both great TEAM PLAYER and they'll be the 'brain' in their own team who orchestrate the play in their team. They will each be the determine factor of the win and lose of their team. They'll be like a chess master who dictate the position of other pieces in the game.
    A greate player make use of their physical ability and skill to excel, but a big time player make full use of their teammates. You must possess good court sense and great court vision to do this and I see this quality in both Yao and Lebron. This is not something that can be taught, you have to figure it yourself. Some player get it in the early state of their career, some player get it in a later state and some never get it.
    For Carmelo, I haven't seen this quality yet, so I can't include him in this rivaly.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

LeBron also had 4 steals. I really didn't expect a stat line anywhere near that. He was incredible. If somebody would have shown me his first quarter stat line before hand I'd have considered that a successful debut for him coming straight out of high school. He was amazing.

5. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Me too, I think someday the Rockets and Cavs will play each other in the NBA finals. The Rockets have the best young big man in the game and the Cavs have an unbelievable player in LeBron.

As for the Melo/LeBron rivalary, I'm not so sure that 'Melo is going to be that superstar that everybody says he is. So I just dont see the rivalarly devloping into anything special

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Watching Sports Center, they seem to be making fun of the fact that there is a lot of LeBron on the show. Somebody said right before they headed to the break "more to come, on LeBron Center" and also when they showed some Bobby Jackson highlight, he said something like "yes, there are other players."

7. sweetie

sweetie Member

magic and bird never guarded each other either

8. ymc

ymc Member

If he keeps playing like this, he will be better than Jordan...... :cool:

9. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

BLASPHEMY!

10. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

does anyone get that commercial with Lebron holding the ball while being guarded by Mike Bibby? Its so lame.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

any chance of hou making another scottie pippen type trade for lebron? francis+lebron+yao=championship.

12. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Not in a million years.

But Mobley might be swapped for G Wallace

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

All in a losing effort. Man this kid needs to get it together. :rolleyes:

14. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Just to make sure... that was sarcasm, right?

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I bet even if the Rockets offered both Yao and Francis the Cavs wouldn't trade Lebron. He is untouchable right now.

16. rothdaniel

rothdaniel Member

The Cav's don't have to win. No one expects them to. That's why it's the perfect place for LeBron -- they'll keep letting him have the ball and make his mistakes

17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I believe the premise is "will he freeze up in his debut"

I thought he played a good game and was fun to watch. I`ll wait to see if he can keep it up night in and night out over 82 games. So far the hype seems to be real

18. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

LeBron wasn't the one out there making mistakes last night though. It was Ricky Davis and Zydrunas Ilgauskas taking ill-advised shots and dribbling into double teams. LeBron deserves better than to play with such a garbage player like Davis. I know Davis shot 7-15 last night, but he made even Cuttino's worst decisions look good sometmies. Heck, it looked almost like they were freezing him out at times, when a player would run down the court, dribble for a bit, then take a bad shot.

LeBron looked GREAT out there last night. He has a bit of work to do on defense, but the Kings eat everyone alive with their backdoor passing. I'm sure LeBron will have bad games, and this will probably be his best game for a while, but if this was any indication of what LeBron can be, he'll be better than the hype . . .

19. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

That's a scary thought, but after watching the game (I've watched him 3-4 times before this), I was incredibly impressed with this young man. Even in interviews, he's very professional and talks about winning and the team over his personal stat lines. He's an unselfish player but is a triple double threat every night because he can do it all. I know one game doesn't mean he'll do this every night but so far, every time he's had to perform on a bigger stage, under more pressure, LeBron has stepped up his game and been the best player on the floor.

20. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

That charging foul against Lebron in the 4th quarter was WEAK! That really broke the entire team's spirit, as Sacramento cruised after that.

There is no doubt in my mind that LeBron will win ROY. Good things just happen when he has the ball. The most amazing part was that he did all this in one of the loudest, most hostile arenas in the league