1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have the best backcourt? Or...?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Feb 21, 2017.

1. BackdoorHarden

Exactly. Klay is way overrated. He can't do anything but wait for someone to pass him the ball and shoot. He can't do anything on his own

Gordon can create for other and get his own shot.

BigMaloe and ROXonROXonROX like this.
  2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yup you can also play Anderson at center for 10-15 minutes or so in the playoffs...a true DEATH LINEUP now

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

:eek: Upside? Gordon is 28. Why are talking about upside?

I love being a homer as much as the next guy, but Gordon is in his 9th season and Klay is in his 6th. Klay is better in every aspect. Offense, defense and health. He never shot below 40% from 3 in a season. Klay is a rich man's Eric Gordon.

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. BackdoorHarden

28 is still young and have upside.

The Kings just traded for a 23 years old rookie, plenty of upside.

The Twolves drafted a 23 years old rookie in Wesley Johnson with the 5th pick overall. UPSIDE

BigMaloe and robbie380 like this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm 36. Do I still have upside?

Lawlruschang, photojoe and BigMaloe like this.
  6. BackdoorHarden

Depends. If you're in Government job, yes, you have upside. Or in DMV, hell of upside.

If you're a female p*rn actress, then, HELL NO.

If you're 36 olds in South Korea, you have zero upside because they don't hire anyone under 30

robbie380, Lawlruschang and BigMaloe like this.
  7. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I love that there will be absolutely no moment for defenses to slack off.

We gon drop 150 on the pels next up, book it.

All I know about Lou is that he's a prolific scorer, can anyone give a summary of his game?

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

People have their homer goggles on if you think EG is better than Klay. Klay is way better on defense (tho regressed since last yr) and still a very consistent 3pt shooter and can go off for 30+ points in a single quarter.

Harden hasn't won anything yet to be considered he's better than Curry career wise. Curry's having an off year partly because of Durant but he's still a top 5 player even with the memes. Ofcourse here, 99% of cf will say Harden is better than Curry. I'll put Harden ahead of Curry for this year but not career wise.

Livingston is meh but he can run that Warriors system perfectly off the bench. Lou is better scoring wise but Livingston better on defense for sure (lou doesn't play d). Also, we have yet to see how Lou fits in the D'atoni system, many ppl suspect he'll fit in perfectly but we thought Lawson was going to fit in as well.

HTX Ninja likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden is better in terms of production however I think talentwise Curry and him are pretty similar that they have similar strengths (except shooting) and weaknesses.

And I think Curry and Klay have proven themselves to be unselfish enough, possible winners at the biggest stage.

They have the ultimate drive in the playoffs, we do not see that drive so much in Harden, yes in flashes but no consistency.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I liked damn near every post in this thread but I can't "like" something that says harden has not win anything yet so curry is better. It's ESPN type of flat out wrong. Is kyrie better because he had won and James hasnt proven it?

I understand being objective but not only is Harden better than curry right now, he's never been worse than Curry.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's neck and neck with Golden State. We do have 4 solid players while they have only 3. But their 3 are terrific. And their front court is easily better than ours thanks to Durant and Green.

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Hang banner now.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Lou isn't playing on Thursday against NOP and neither is Cousins because they both need to have physicals first.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. orosiriley

orosiriley Member

I love the depth this gives the Rockets. A+ for this trade. I really like the makeup of this team. Strong at nearly every position and very capable bench backups. One more trade may be coming.

15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Harden > Clark
    Gordan < Curry
    Williams < Klay
    Bev < Livingston

See what I did there?

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The depth is ridiculous. When Gordon started the year on fire we were destroying other teams benches and winning. Now you have the two best bench scorers in the league. While most of us believe you need to consolidate assets and get a star alongside Harden to compete with GS, this scoring depth has the chance to so overwhelm other teams when their stars sit that we could see a major impact.

How fun would it be to watch a strategy of if the starters can keep the game close the bench will extend the lead and ultimately win the game?

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and BigMaloe like this.
  17. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

The other way to look at it is Curry/Thompson/Clark probably average 42% from 3s and Livingston 55% FGs, and the Rockets probably average 38% at best. And the Warriors have better D with Klay and Livingston

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Is this confirmed? How hard is it to have Williams take a physical in nearly 2 days? And Cousins was traded Sunday night and was already in New Orleans. How the hell can he not complete a physical before Thursday?

photojoe likes this.
  19. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I think Tyler Ennis puts our backcourt over the top

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ok skip you know what im gonna ask you next after the lou/brewer trade..WHO HAS THE BEST BACKCOURT IN THE NBA? /sas

gotta go with the warriors. klay's a better two-way guard than harden /espn

BigMaloe likes this.