1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

K.J.' Benching Has NOTHING To Do With His Performance!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 15, 2017.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The = Birds are in play!!!!

[​IMG]

;)

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But Murray is a white nationalist . . . or something

RiceRockets likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Codman be like
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#163 Os Trigonum, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    ABS and Batman Jones like this.
  4. ABS

ABS Member

Lololololol.......funny s***, there! Gotta admit!

Codman is Codman, though. I could run RINGS around his feeble predictions, though.

But naw....he was here before me. So, I respect him even though he's attacking me out of the blue...for no reasons, and violated a mutual code of conduct when I came in forum-contact with him on friendly terms.

Typical "sturdy types" fellas, though. They have no manners and violate a mutual Code of Conduct when Men gather and congregate. But I give him a pass. He was here before me.

The rest of you cats, I don't care if you was here before me.....Ima make you bow down and believe l'm your elder statesman around here!

#ActRight

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You could reduce everything in the OP to about 1 sentence. Maybe 2 if I'm generous.

Also, ABS = antithesis of basketball smarts?

6. ABS

ABS Member

....you'll see me in paradise around here when my predictions come true more than you can count.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

DudeWah and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. ABS

ABS Member

Who's those chicks in the pic? You know them?

9. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

He can't shoot well enough...
    He can't dribble and drive well enough...
    He can't defend well enough...

If he could be consistent when on the court, he would play. But he is not so he doesn't.

10. ABS

ABS Member

He does all 3 of those things better than Dekker and Brewer, man.

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

in other news, the poster formerly known as ABS faints . . .

Richie_Rich and Codman like this.
  12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'll give my serious KJ take (Somehow being serious makes this thread even more a mess...? But the fun is about to be over anyway. Not sure KJ will stay a Rocket long, or the OP stays a member long either) Before THAT:

I've ALWAYS backed KJ. Even through his underwhelming summer league play. Even through his "martyr" controversy. Even through other questions about him, my comment history shows I believe he should get MORE minutes. And I believe he EARNED playing time consideration with his preseason play, where he was arguably the 3rd BEST performer. He is the wing version of Harrell in that regard.

So what happened where KJ DOESNT get time? (Like Harrell does). It all points to COACH MDA just doesnt vibe well with KJ, or vice/versa. KJ DID get chances in early in season. Then MDA yelled at KJ in a game for some reason, and KJ has been demoted / "dog-housed" out the rotation ever since.

{TOTALLY missed chance on the more ACCURATE "White Intolerant" influence on KJ. Its NOT Morey, its MDA. And coulda retained the SAME "cultural divide" elements to make it KINDA reasonable}

KJ does have suspect flaws as well where his reliability can be questioned. HE IS too much a BLACK HOLE. He DOES NOT PASS. And he does too much ISO-creation plays above his ability. I LIKE the aggressive determination to make plays, but he doesnt have "green light" game like that. Also his attitude doesnt seem to be the best. I dont think he's a bad guy, but he could be more a positive engaged guy, and SULK LESS. Showing ANY unwillingness to "Buy In" makes you look like you WONT LEARN and adapt. Thats POISON to what coaches want. Thats even BEFORE considering his relatively low court IQ where he's out of place and needs coaching to correct it

Still with all that, KJ is better than Brewer with only upside from there. And one of the few players on Rockets with DEFENSIVE tools on a team needing DEFENSE, and needing a LONGER rotation to keep the starters from exhaustion and physical breakdowns. Not all sure why its how it is, it just IS what it is. I think yet ANOTHER coach another team will give KJ his shot. Best to him wherever that is

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

False

14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

D'Antoni doesn't play bad rookies, sophomores, juniors or seniors. In case you haven't heard. He doesn't care how long your ass has been in school or how many E's you have in conduct.

Vanilla Thunder and justtxyank like this.
  15. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

It's really quite simple..KJ is a poor shooter.

16. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

So is Brewer, soooooo??????

17. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

18. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

this thread is about KJ not brewer

19. tjpatel2

tjpatel2 Member

I understand the "red flags" regarding McDaniel's basketball IQ, lack of outside shooting, and his locker room presence considering he wants extra playing time, but he's only 24 years old and could develop in a decent contributor down the line a la Jae Crowder or Demarre Carroll (the former being someone that has passed through Houston). For perspective, think what you will about SAC, but the centerpiece they just received back for an All-NBA talent was Buddy Hield, who turns 24 this calendar year as well. While I wouldn't pass up a great trade if McDaniels was involved, which he most certainly will be since he is a non-rotation player with a team-option for next year, I kind of get a knot in my stomach thinking what he could potentially develop into if he ever figures it out considering the premium on versatile wings in the NBA.

heypartner, napalm06 and Os Trigonum like this.