1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 2/15/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2017.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey cant do any big deal.

Hui and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

careful DD, you're sounding a bit like McHale there ;)

adw likes this.
  3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

We need a paint presence......and more importantly, show up for work ON TIME & READY TO GO.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Whelp, thats about as letdown as ive felt all season. Pathetic scrub ball. My god.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

McHale is 100% right, he is a SHITTY coach, but he knows basketball.

DD

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

This loss was all about lack of effort. For three quarters the team looked very lethargic and uninterested, in fact they looked exactly like last years team.

We just have to hope that the Beverley injury isn't serious because that would be a bigger loss for us than tonight's game.

7. Hui

Hui Member

Trade Brewer for Lou Williams! Sign Free agent Mario Chambers! Try to trade scrubs for another C who can rebound!

8. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

It's games like this that shatter my hopes. Every time I think were close to being legit contenders, being taken seriously, we take a game off and it proves to me that we're just not ready yet. The Warriors don't take games off. The Cavs don't take games off.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Probably the worst loss of the year, we simply didn't play hard enough. It looked like their break had started and this game was just an obligation they tolerated. We finally got some juice in the 4th, but the ship had sailed at that point.

Awful awful loss, worse than all of the losses in January.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets quickly nullified Spurs@Knicks.... smh

Only scoring "109" points tonight doesn't hurt the 110 win record.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We just don't have the defense from the front court to compete seriously

Both Rhyno and Capela are bench players playing as starters here. Rhyno is poor defensively and Capela is still raw and learning.

We desperately need a big who can rebound and hold the paint.

12. Hui

Hui Member

Whoops typo meant Mario Chalmers

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

MDA with a sneak diss of the late arriving crowd and Toyota Center and saying there was no energy in the arena. Even if there was a packed house the way the Rox came out they would have sucked all the energy right back out of the place.

J.R. likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike called it a TARP game & called out the fans. ;)

Mike:

They were quicker to the ball, quicker to offensive rebounds. They were more athletic, went after it more. We were out of sync. Didn't shoot 3s in the first half, dug a big hole & everything has to go right. One we hate to lose. I told them it's all star break, 40-18, couple games up & it's pretty good. We'll have clunkers. That was a clunker. They didn't play good. Just the way it is.

When we don't have Pat, it hurts. He gives us that edge. His groin tightened up. Need to get him well & back. Need to get Eric back in the groove.

Update on Pat?

He said I'm okay. Hopefully in a week he'll be OK. Strained it a little bit, don't think he tore it. Shouldn't be too bad. Knock on wood I hope.

Reminder of urgency?

We've been pretty good about it. Won 4 in a row, at home, last before all-star break, it was a trap game. Crowd doesn't get here until 8 & we didn't start playing until 8. Not a good combo. Just the way it is. Energy in the arena was dead. We were dead. This will be forgotten real quick.

15. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I like to give this team the benefit of the doubt. But..

Defensive effort wasn't there tonight for most of the game. Pat being out in the 2nd half didn't help but some of the lack of focus and transition defense was inexcusable.

And this team will be loads of fun to watch w/ no real payoff without legit rebounding inside. I think we all see it.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Mike AntoniO plays spin the wheel on who to blame after each loss

One day it is jeff Biglydick, next time the players, next time the fans, next time maybe Keith Jones

J.R. and Stormy1234 like this.
  17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Can't put this on Harden, he may have started slowly but this dude is a monster. Eric Gordon is trending way down it's hard to believe we are talking about the same player.

Kevin McHale's success as a coach was only because Harden carried his incompetent ass. I'm beginning to think Morey may be in a similar boat. Yeah, he fleeced OKC in that deal - what's he actually done since outside of Dwight?

Only post season success he has ever enjoyed was on a Harden led team with a roster cobbled together with rejects and mismatching parts. Fluked the clippers series. Should have traded Dwight when every man and his dog new the team was shithouse but decided to 'stand pat' and lose Howard for nothing. Year after year it's the same problems, different season. This guy has done nothing to address the most basic of basketball needs.

He has a fetish with signing injury prone players - and seriously, rolling into the season with Capela and Nene as our centers in the west (I like both of them). SERIOUSLY.

I'm just going to leave this here:

Trevor Ariza -

January: 38% fg, 33% 3p.
    February: 33% fg, 27% 3p.

Not. Good. Enough.

Sooner we get rid of this clown or put him on the bench where he belongs the better we will be. He hampers all of our offensive flexibility. He sucks.

Richie_Rich, RESINator and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

First round exit.....if we even get there.

CapelaOnlyFan and Stormy1234 like this.
  19. threepointshot3

Hardens prime is being wasted by the likes of Brewer and Ariza

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I blew it. I was incredibly wrong and an idiot to guarantee a victory. Any clowning i get is warranted

Stormy1234 likes this.